System Activation/Deactivation

This is a discussion on System Activation/Deactivation within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Okay so, I want my girlfriends PS3 to be my only 2nd system to be activated. I have previously downloaded ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

System Activation/Deactivation

Okay so, I want my girlfriends PS3 to be my only 2nd system to be activated. I have previously downloaded things to her system via my account on her machine, but it's now telling me the system isn't activated, and I have to deactivate other systems etc. I have previously used my account on my brothers machine but, I can't really go to his house to deactivate my account via his PS3... how do I go about doing it manually so only my gf's system will show as a connected PS3 to my account? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. I tried googling it but all I get are very confusing means of doing so. Oi vei.

I went to the Sony site to do it but it says Deactivation can ONLY be done using the console and not a PC. Which seems odd, I just want to delete all other traces of other PS3's from my account completely! lol. Anyway thanks, please reply quickly! [And no, I'm not attempting to download any PS+ items either, just straight up legit purchases]

PRO Member

I had the same problem when my PS3 YLOD'd and they basically told me that I was screwed and could only provide a system "wipe" once. I was able to wipe my account from my PS3 that way and put it on my new one. I think that it is bull shit you can't wipe it from a computer, but I believe it's a security issue. Like if someone else wiped your account maliciously.

Try contacting Sony on the phone or by email...they will have a better answer for you

Hope you get it figured out.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 5 - Silver

Ah, yes I see. Yeah I just sent Customer Service an email request thingy We shall see.

Prayer Warrior

go here ---->https://account.sonyentertainmentnet...t_locale=en_US

1. put in your psn id email and pw to sign into your acct
    2. click on "account" top middle of page
    3. click on media and devices middle left of page
    4. click top right square titled "game"
    5. deactivate all ps3 systems
    6. reactivate on whatever 2 ps3 consoles you want.

hope that help you.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    go here ---->https://account.sonyentertainmentnet...t_locale=en_US

1. put in your psn id email and pw to sign into your acct
    2. click on "account" top middle of page
    3. click on media and devices middle left of page
    4. click top right square titled "game"
    5. deactivate all ps3 systems
    6. reactivate on whatever 2 ps3 consoles you want.

hope that help you.
    No shit...and that's completely legit to do?

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 5 - Silver

Damn, thanks Johnny!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SoS-kryyptyyk View Post
    Okay so, I want my girlfriends PS3 to be my only 2nd system to be activated. I have previously downloaded things to her system via my account on her machine, but it's now telling me the system isn't activated, and I have to deactivate other systems etc. I have previously used my account on my brothers machine but, I can't really go to his house to deactivate my account via his PS3... how do I go about doing it manually so only my gf's system will show as a connected PS3 to my account? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. I tried googling it but all I get are very confusing means of doing so. Oi vei.

I went to the Sony site to do it but it says Deactivation can ONLY be done using the console and not a PC. Which seems odd, I just want to delete all other traces of other PS3's from my account completely! lol. Anyway thanks, please reply quickly! [And no, I'm not attempting to download any PS+ items either, just straight up legit purchases]
    HOLD IT!

I hope you read this before you actually do anything. Before they did the 2 active accounts thing, everything downloaded before that will still work. That also means that if you downloaded 5 of the same thing on 5 ps3s, your able to keep the accounts on the 5 ps3s and that stuff will still work.

Now to what you need to do, you need to contact your brother and tell him how to deactivate your account. Remember that you can have 2 ps3s with the same account, so keep track of which have your account active. Active means your able to download stuff off that account. I have many ps3s with my account on it, but i use them to sync my trophies, not download stuff.

Good luck with that, and if i am incorrect about something, i am sorry. My situation might be different from yours.

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    No shit...and that's completely legit to do?
    no shit man it's all on the up and up. you can do that once every 6 months via the website. i've used it a couple of times. once on my acct and a few on some friends to help them out. it's all good bro.

Quote Originally Posted by SoS-kryyptyyk View Post
    Damn, thanks Johnny!
    did you do it?

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    no shit man it's all on the up and up. you can do that once every 6 months via the website. i've used it a couple of times. once on my acct and a few on some friends to help them out. it's all good bro.

did you do it?
    wow johnny! thanks!

I knew about the website, but i didnt know it can be used every 6 months! I did it once and thought i couldnt use it again. Your solution was way better than mine. Didnt even read your post before posting.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Wow thanks for the link. Definitely going to keep that one on hand.

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    wow johnny! thanks!

I knew about the website, but i didnt know it can be used every 6 months! I did it once and thought i couldnt use it again. Your solution was way better than mine. Didnt even read your post before posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Wow thanks for the link. Definitely going to keep that one on hand.
    glad to help.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Yep I sure used your method, Johnny. lol. Guess it's good I created this thread! Now others shall know the best way to go about doing deactivations. If/when SOE contact me about my request I'll be like, "Nah, I got it taken care of thanks anyway" - lol. Good stuff, man.