Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

New Assassin's Creed Confirmed for 2012

This is a discussion on New Assassin's Creed Confirmed for 2012 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by HIT2MAN bad move IMO! NFS is dying because of the yearly releases thanx 4 sharing I disagree. ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by HIT2MAN View Post
    bad move IMO! NFS is dying because of the yearly releases

thanx 4 sharing
    I disagree. Look at some movie franchises like Harry Potter or Pirates of the Caribbean. They had yearly releases and still turned a major profit and kept interest through their runs.

People will continue to be interested in and pay for the story. NFS may have a storyline in some of their games, but has anyone ever really been captivated by them? Doubtful. Assassin's Creed brings a unique and continuing story that will have people fixated with every release, even if only a year apart.

It's a great move, so long as they keep the game up to par like previous releases and don't rush out a crap job just to meet a deadline.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    Wow .. Assasin's Creed is being released every year now and it's the same Dev making it every year? I mean CoD releases every year but at least it has two devs on it.
    I believe that Assassin's Creed Revelations has 5 or 6 devs working on it (it's literally a global project) so a yearly release is completely fine with me.

I just hope the franchise won't end after 2012. It'd make me real depressed.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I always was under the impression ACIII would be released in 2012, and I know several other fans always expected it as well. So, it's no surprise for me really. As for whether it'll still have Ezio, I believe it was mentioned on Ubisoft's facebook page back with the teaser for Revelations that ACIII would have a brand new ancestor. Revelations is wrapping up Ezio's life (along with the animated movie Embers) and also answering questions in regards to Altair.

I'm just hoping it won't be Desmond focused only. As much as I love the guy, what I really love of the franchise is the whole going back in time through ancestral memories - then again, I admit to having a penchant for swords and the fantasy/historical type.

And I think Ubi are doing a fine job in keeping the games captivating, but I guess we shall see if they continue when ACR is out.

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    A little rushed isn't it? I hope it doesn't turn out to be complete bullcrap.
    Exactly. Hopefully they can pull it off

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue-Eaglet View Post
    I'm just hoping it won't be Desmond focused only. As much as I love the guy, what I really love of the franchise is the whole going back in time through ancestral memories - then again, I admit to having a penchant for swords and the fantasy/historical type.
    Agreed - if a new game were set entirely in 2012 and had the player controlling only Desmond, I'd feel very let down. Much of the appeal of the AC games is that they take place centuries in the past, where there is little or no machinery in the cities, no-one carries firearms (aside from Ezio's hidden gun), and you can travel around environments that always feel fresh and unlike basically anything else offered by todays game. If that were all sacrificed in order to bring the game completely into the year 2012, it would be a hugely disappointing finale to such a stellar series.

By all means, set a fair chunk of the game in 2012 to extend Desmond's story, but the majority of the game has to take place in the past - that's where the magic of Assassin's Creed is.

PRO Member

I love the AC series, the more the better in my opinion

Lvl 9 - Gold

What I think would be awesome for AC3:
    10 Memory Sequences - A new ancestor at a more recent point in history, more closely tying the past into current events.
    Present Story Sequences - These should be interspersed with the Memory Sequences as they've done in the last two games (and possibly Revelations as well) in order to bind together what they are uncovering in the past with what they are going to do in the present.
    Present Time Finale - Use the equivalent of 4-6 Sequences of material to control Desmond as he fights alongside the Assassins against Abstergo and the Templars, culminating in the full reveal of the Original Beings (or whatever they were called x.x) and maybe even include two endings, one where you save the world, one where it is destroyed/Abstergo takes over. This would be dependant on your actions throughout this final part of the game.

As much as it will suck when this series is gone, considering it is a story-focused franchise, it really does need to end at some point, otherwise it'll lose its point for being.
    Though I'm still curious about the planned Vita game. Will that be an all-new game, or a port, I wonder?

Lvl 4 - Silver

Awesome! i would rather have these games each year than waiting every few years.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123