Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What do the site donations go towards?

This is a discussion on What do the site donations go towards? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx no that's not right either. just because a member throws a site giveaways doesn't give the ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    no that's not right either. just because a member throws a site giveaways doesn't give the site the right to not have site giveaways themselves. if a member throws a giveaway then that's money out of their pocket. the whole purpose of donations is to keep the site running and to have giveaways. well the cup has runeth over many times and no giveaways. i understand you want to help keep the site running and so do i but like i said i'm not donating anymore of my hard earned money till i get what i was promised in the beginning. and i was there when it was promised. been here over 3 years.
    I understand that as well. I'm guess I'm not saying it's a substitute, but rather something that the members of the community giving back to the communtiy.

True that it sucks that we were promised it and didn't receive it, so I guess It's time to shut my keyboard off. :/ (been here 3 years as well, just wasn't as active back in the day...kicking myself now for it )

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

PRO Member

Guys Guys....Your donations go to help the Admin start up there own BoyBand power house team, so they take next years X-Factor Compaction...

On Topic-
    I was a member for a solid year before the rest and been a member til the present after the rest....before i became a member i would still use this site for news video game updates trophy help...etc...but i never really once actually heard what the donations are for....hell i just thought is was some charity trying to expand there reach/ audience...

if it is going to this site, then thats great...you guys keep up the good work and i'll keep donating...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

WHO DAT!!!!

nothing good in this world is free,you have to pay to play and thats the fact jack

PRO Member

I was a member pre-meltdown and now. Now, I'm much more active.

This site has a great community of very helpful members. I can honestly say I wouldn't be at the level of trophy hunting that I am, without this site. I know there are other sites around, but, bar none, this one has the most activity.

Also, I've always found ever guide I read very useful and I know this site doesn't run on love, so, no matter what people say/type I will continue to donate.

Much like any other place you donate, you may not be entirely certain where the money goes, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't donate. $350 per month seems rather minor, especially taking into consideration how many people actually use this site. Of course, I have no idea how much it costs to run a site or maintain servers. I mean does $10/month sound that bad to donate, you'll probably spend this money on lunch or a coffee or something.

The main question is where does the money go, and I believe the admins make good use of it (add witty comment here). The next question is should I donate, and the answer is an easy "yes". Doesn't matter how long you have been active, if you like the site, if you visit the site, if you use the site, then donate!

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by User011010 View Post
    I was a member pre-meltdown and now. Now, I'm much more active.

This site has a great community of very helpful members. I can honestly say I wouldn't be at the level of trophy hunting that I am, without this site. I know there are other sites around, but, bar none, this one has the most activity.

Also, I've always found ever guide I read very useful and I know this site doesn't run on love, so, no matter what people say/type I will continue to donate.

Much like any other place you donate, you may not be entirely certain where the money goes, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't donate. $350 per month seems rather minor, especially taking into consideration how many people actually use this site. Of course, I have no idea how much it costs to run a site or maintain servers. I mean does $10/month sound that bad to donate, you'll probably spend this money on lunch or a coffee or something.

The main question is where does the money go, and I believe the admins make good use of it (add witty comment here). The next question is should I donate, and the answer is an easy "yes". Doesn't matter how long you have been active, if you like the site, if you visit the site, if you use the site, then donate!
    i have donated before. when we were told the money was for servers and site maintenance and giveaways. i had not problem donating and would have continued to do it as long as what was promised came true. but many MANY times the donations have run over what was needed for the month and no giveaways. please tell me you can't possible be a mindless sheep? i'm not trying to flame you or anyone else for donating. i'm just say look at the facts. yes it cost money to run this site. i know that and appreciate that. but what has been happening to all the over flow?

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

PRO Member

i have donated before. when we were told the money was for servers and site maintenance and giveaways. i had not problem donating and would have continued to do it as long as what was promised came true. but many MANY times the donations have run over what was needed for the month and no giveaways. please tell me you can't possible be a mindless sheep? i'm not trying to flame you or anyone else for donating. i'm just say look at the facts. yes it cost money to run this site. i know that and appreciate that. but what has been happening to all the over flow?
    I don't honestly know where the site donations go to either, but like I said above, sometimes you don't know where the money goes, but if you appreciate the work and the community involvement on this site, then you should donate either way. I mean the money must be used for the right purposes as the site is up and running and you can clearing see the admins and mods hard at work, for instance Sub yesterday with the error posting conflict and the work done to maintain spambots. I'm not saying the place is perfect, but I use this site alot, I mean a lot. So I feel it only best that I donate.

Even when I heard that some of the comps were being prized out at the full expense of the organizer I felt it my duty even more to donate, hoping, that the money goes to funding the prizes or what have you.

Actually, I cannot remember the last time I saw the donation bar above totally maxed, I'm sure it has, but I think since September, they have never hit their quota...I believe.

I'm running on faith here with my donations, but I'm sure the powers that be make good use of it.

I don't think you're flaming at all. It is possible to have a meaningful and informative debate on an online forum...and que Trains

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by User011010 View Post
    I don't honestly know where the site donations go to either, but like I said above, sometimes you don't know where the money goes, but if you appreciate the work and the community involvement on this site, then you should donate either way. I mean the money must be used for the right purposes as the site is up and running and you can clearing see the admins and mods hard at work, for instance Sub yesterday with the error posting conflict and the work done to maintain spambots. I'm not saying the place is perfect, but I use this site alot, I mean a lot. So I feel it only best that I donate.

Even when I heard that some of the comps were being prized out at the full expense of the organizer I felt it my duty even more to donate, hoping, that the money goes to funding the prizes or what have you.

Actually, I cannot remember the last time I saw the donation bar above totally maxed, I'm sure it has, but I think since September, they have never hit their quota...I believe.

I'm running on faith here with my donations, but I'm sure the powers that be make good use of it.

I don't think you're flaming at all. It is possible to have a meaningful and informative debate on an online forum...and que Trains
    i totally understand where you're coming from. you love the site....so do i......you use the site like crazy.....so do i......you wanna help maintain the site.....so do i. but i refuse to be taken advantage of. now i'm not saying that the admins do that.....all i'm asking for is what was promised. i guarantee you if we start having site giveaways on a regular basis then i will be more than happy to put money into the site. and a lot of it. i'm not rich by no means but i will donate to what i love and i love this site. and as far as trains goes.....he's the friendly neighborhood douche bag. i would rather not get him involved in anything but a gun and a bullet

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

PRO Member

i totally understand where you're coming from. you love the site....so do i......you use the site like crazy.....so do i......you wanna help maintain the site.....so do i. but i refuse to be taken advantage of. now i'm not saying that the admins do that.....all i'm asking for is what was promised. i guarantee you if we start having site giveaways on a regular basis then i will be more than happy to put money into the site. and a lot of it. i'm not rich by no means but i will donate to what i love and i love this site. and as far as trains goes.....he's the friendly neighborhood douche bag. i would rather not get him involved in anything but a gun and a bullet

I have never seen a site giveaway. Not sure if the comps being held now fall under that title. But it would be nice to see it. Taking a look back at their donation history, unless they're not showing all the donations. I don't think they have hit their quota for some time now. Maybe (this is just a guess) the overflow is going towards the recent shortfalls, again, I'm not totally sure, just a guess.

I believe the site has some real dedicated people here and all our opinions vary, for better or for worse. So I'm hopeful the admins are reading and will be able to respond more effectively. They could "clear the air", so to speak.

Ahh Trains, LMAO, hahahaha

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

PRO Member

I agree. If we were to get site sponsored giveaways, as promised, then I would gladly donate. (More than I have already)

However,I am happy to be a part of the site

|
    |by Smashguy |

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post

Oh. And they've been hitting the quota for quite some time now...
    Yeah its going really well this month isnt it

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Simpo64 View Post
    Yeah its going really well this month isnt it
    Yeah. You're right. My mistake

Realized I was thinking of a couple months back...been a while I guess

|
    |by Smashguy |

PRO Member

Not really sure why everyone's pissing and moaning about it. I've donated more than probably everyone that has posted. I don't have a problem with them not giving it back. That's the whole point of "giving" a "donation". I donate to charities too, but turning around and asking for a handback is nonsense. I love this site and I'm willing to donate more money to it, even without the pre- conceived notion that I'm getting a return from it. Just my 2 cents
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

real quick, I just made my first donation here, how long does it usually take them to recognize the donation?

Rangers F.C

There are children dying from shortages of food and water all over the world , give them your money if you got any to spare http://savethechildren.org.uk/donate..._source=pgenc1
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by txwheeler86 View Post
    real quick, I just made my first donation here, how long does it usually take them to recognize the donation?
    A day or 2 tops. If it still doesn't go through. PM submerge. He'll help you

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    There are children dying from shortages of food and water all over the world , give them your money if you got any to spare http://savethechildren.org.uk/donate..._source=pgenc1
    already do man. Thats a great foundation

PRO Member

A day or 2 tops. If it still doesn't go through. PM submerge. He'll help you

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    There are children dying from shortages of food and water all over the world , give them your money if you got any to spare Latest News | Save the Children Mobile
    already do man. Thats a great foundation

PRO Member

Thanks Highway for the answer.

I donate to charities on the side as well as help out with the SA Food Bank around here.

As far as the site donations, I am a web application developer, and I know first hand that the cost of bandwidth and equipment is very expensive. I rather donate to the this site than seeing adds with every click. I hate going to sites like IGN, and you have to just click to close 5 ads before reading the article you selected.

PRO Member

Thanks Highway for the answer.

I donate to charities on the side as well as help out with the SA Food Bank around here.

As far as the site donations, I am a web application developer, and I know first hand that the cost of bandwidth and equipment is very expensive. I rather donate to the this site than seeing adds with every click. I hate going to sites like IGN, and you have to just click to close 5 ads before reading the article you selected.
    No problem buddy

That's good. All we can do in this life is try to do the right thing and try to be a good person. Cheers

worlds biggest welch fan

For the site and an occasional lap dance to keep the spirits up.

I will be donating again soon when my visa is down to 100.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Up the Irons!

Donations are used to maintain the site. Now, whether or not they use all of it or some of it for the site, well, you'll have to decide for yourself.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast