Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My platinum trophy challenge

This is a discussion on My platinum trophy challenge within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I would to ask all platinum trophy hunters if what i have in mind is even remotely possible. My aim ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

My platinum trophy challenge

I would to ask all platinum trophy hunters if what i have in mind is even remotely possible. My aim is to bring my platinum trophy count from 23 to 40 in the next 45-50 days not counting entire next week as i will be away on a holiday. I play about 7-9 hours everyday on the days i am at home and i have around 45-50 days till my school reopens again. These are the list of the games I aim to platinum within this period.
    1. Ac3(Platinum)
    2. Darkness 2(Platinum)
    3. Dead space
    4. Mass effect 3(platinum)
    5. Sly collection(all 3 plats)
    6. Spare parts(platinumed)
    7. Crysis
    8. Hitman absolution(platinumed)
    9. Deus ex human revolution(platinumed)
    10. kingdoms of amalaur(haven't started)
    11.Uncharted 3(beat campaign once on hard)
    12.Demon souls(haven't started)
    13.God of war collection(platinumed)
    14. God of war Ghost of sparta(platinumed)
    15. Dishonored(platinumed)
    16. Far cry 3(platinumed)
    17.Borderlands(platinumed)
    And if you are wondering why i have so many games not played its because my parents banned me since Feb this year and i was only unbanned on Nov 16 because thats when my major exams ended. So do you guys think its even possible to at least get 17 plats from these list of games in 45-50days with a avg time of 7-9hrs everyday
    Edit: Platinum challenge Failed got 14 plats. Could have pushed myself to get 17 plats but like one person said in this thread it became like work near the end and i started to play lesser. Also had to go out with friends and family on some days.
    Last edited by abhinandhan22; 01-31-2013 at 07:13 AM.

Editor in Chief - Editorials

This is kind of sad to be honest. You've got a list of some top-rate games there and it seems that all you're interested in doing is blitzing through them as quickly as possible for the sake of plats. Instead of trying to get through all of them in the 2 months you have, pick the ones you're most interested in and enjoy them.

If you're still hell-bent on getting as many plats as possible then check the trophy guides for estimated time to plat and add it up. Personally I don't think you can do it; there's a lot of lengthy and difficult games on that list, and many require multiple playthroughs like Dead Space (which I just finished myself >.>)

Also, here's an idea. GO OUTSIDE. 7-9 hours of gaming each day, every day is not healthy by any stretch, and will only give your parents more reason to ban you from playing during school terms.

Change is good

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    This is kind of sad to be honest. You've got a list of some top-rate games there and it seems that all you're interested in doing is blitzing through them as quickly as possible for the sake of plats. Instead of trying to get through all of them in the 2 months you have, pick the ones you're most interested in and enjoy them.

If you're still hell-bent on getting as many plats as possible then check the trophy guides for estimated time to plat and add it up. Personally I don't think you can do it; there's a lot of lengthy and difficult games on that list, and many require multiple playthroughs like Dead Space (which I just finished myself >.>)

Also, here's an idea. GO OUTSIDE. 7-9 hours of gaming each day, every day is not healthy by any stretch, and will only give your parents more reason to ban you from playing during school terms.
    How is it sad? If that's the way he wants to play them it's the way he wants to play them. If he was banned for over half a year, gaming for half a day for a while won't hurt anyone.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post

firstly I really want to play everything I have been banned for more than half a year so I would definitely wanna play as much as possible. So yeah I also don't think it's possible just wanna see whether other ppl have accomplished these sorts of things and if they think it's possible

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Demon's Souls alone will probably take you most of that time.

> Restart Button <

I think its a major stretch. You have a lot more time than I do though. You may be able to do it but I doubt you'd enjoy any game having to rush for the plats.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Change is good

On topic I think you would have enough time, start with the shorter games first to boost your count (Dishonored, God of Wars, etc.). Leave Demon's Souls to the end. 45-50 days would be enough time.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    On topic I think you would have enough time, start with the shorter games first to boost your count (Dishonored, God of Wars, etc.). Leave Demon's Souls to the end. 45-50 days would be enough time.
    Yeah that's my plan want to leave demon souls for the last because I may not be even able to platinum it if it's very hard

PRO Member

Break it down by numbers.

17 plats in (lets just say) 40 days, you play approximately 8 hours per day. Thats 320 hours. So dividing that up evenly between all 17 games you'll looking at roughly 18 hours per plat. That's only 2 and a bit days to get the plat.

I guess it COULD be done. But thats quite a commitment and you never know what else may come up (ie. family stuff, personal matters, YLOD, etc.)

IMO, take you time, you have a solid games list and enjoy yourself. I understand you were previously banned, but you don't want to go full throttle on these games, then by the end of the grind you become so sick of games, that you either stop playing for a long while, or your parents are so upset with you spending so much time on video games, that they ban you again.

Again, this is just my opinion

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Indie Game Developer

Yeah, I don't think it's possible. You can probably do 6-10 of them, at the most. Just enjoy them and see how many you can finish without rushing.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Lvl 6 - Silver

as much as i disagree that running through them quickly is a good thing because u'll have to follow a guide to get most if not all trophies in one run and taht in most cases will spoil the game for u i once got 5 platinums in a 2 weeks but i was literllay playing all day and in some cases late at night so unless u r planning to take your time with the game i think u might do it apart from demon's soul and mass effect 3 those two will take most of your time if not all of it so start with the easy ones as everyone said and try to play it for the first time solo without help then rush through them again collecting stuff heck if u want to do it faster do as i do play on the highest difficulty requiredin your first run tht way u'll knock a hard trophy as well as enjoy the element of suprise in the game good luck trophy hunting !!

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

PRO Member

Well, you have 20 plats on that list and you only need 17 for your goal, so games like Dead Space and Demon's Souls can be skipped for the sake of this challenge. The GoW and Sly plats should be pretty easy, let's say 20 hours for each one on average. So that's 6 in 120 hours, but after that it starts to get more difficult. I think best case you are looking at about 12 plats in your allotted gaming time.
    Currently working on: Jak 3

Platinums (25): 3D Dot Game Heroes, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

PRO Member

Aim 4 the easy 1st like Sly and Spare Parts and they r fun once finish continue to the next target

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Demon's Souls is do-able, but even following a guide and pushing as much as I could it took me a whole week to get plat in the game. But with that much in mind to do... Good luck kid!

Platinum Dohvakiin

To be honest to plat all those games in 45-50 days, is probably not doable. KoA is what a 70 hour plat, if you skip the cutscens you might be able to get it in/under 60. Even at 10hrs a day that 6 days. The fastest I know of personally platting Demons Souls was 8 days, but that's all she played for 8 days straight. So that leaves you roughly a month to plat 14 games, which avg out to be 2 days to plat a game. The GoW's, Spare Parts and Uncharted can all be platted in roughly 12hours or less. Which the extra time will come in handy for ME3, Far Cry 3, Deus Ex and maybe Dishonored. If it's doable it'll be just barely, and it all depends on how fast you plat KoA and Demon's Souls.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:
    Yakuza: Dead Souls & Dynasty Warriors 7

Random Access Memories

That's a hell of a challenge and I think it's possible, but you will definitely have to get a plat every other day in order for you to come out on top...perhaps two on some days Some of those are time consuming as well and It would benefit you to not rush them, but I understand why.

Good luck!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

Deathless Destroyer

Many of the games you have are time consuming to complete, even if you rush with a few of them (Deus Ex, Demon's Souls, Far Cry 3, Mass Effect 3, Dishonoured, Kingdoms of Amalur). The games I just listed in total add up to well over 150/200 hours of gameplay depending on skill even if you try rushing.

I know for a fact Deus Ex is long because I haven't even finished the game after over 20 hours, around 3/4 of the game I completed though story-wise while doing most side-quests (and then I'm playing again on Hard which will be another 20-25 hours - already 50 hours but that's playing twice plus enjoying the game), so one playthrough on hard shouldn't take more than 25-40 hours, unless you rush through in which case it can take as little as 20 hours according to some to platinum.

There is a slim chance you may be able to Platinum every game you have, but I guarantee you may not enjoy the rushing. I suggest that to catch up on your games you should just enjoy them, though if you want to plat then focus on about half or even less if you want to enjoy them.

NCBE

The man above me is right.
    Made by DaRe

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

As much as i'd like to see you achieve it and i totally understand the need to play as much as possible after so long out, wouldn't you rather savour each game? You could still get all those Plats and not turn it into a chore.

You are only young, plenty of time to play and enjoy. Games are finishable without getting every trophy.
    Credit to the awesome ERICVOLTAGE for that. ^

Lvl 7 - Gold

I never rush for any platinum so i decided i am just going to play and enjoy the games and see how mmany i can platinum. My friend was over two days at my house so got not much done starting from tmr. shall keep updating if its even possible for me to get all the platinums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast