Your Epic Final Battle

This is a discussion on Your Epic Final Battle within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; We all have come across a "boss" where we went "how the hell am I going to defeat this thing" ...

PRO Member

Your Epic Final Battle

We all have come across a "boss" where we went "how the hell am I going to defeat this thing" regardless of the system. Expanding on that, if you were to have a real epic battle with any gaming character, who would it be and why?

Sardius from Super Ghouls N Ghosts (SNES): I am mainly picking this because I had such a headache beating him. Would be nice to go up against him to see how bad he really is.

Kratos from the GoW series (PS2/PS3): first off...he is the God of war!!! He took down many mythical beasts, beat the crap out of Ares, and then took out Zeus. While he would probably kill me off pretty quickly, it would be amazing to see his power in person. Not to mention, if I did kill him, I would be the new God of War.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Deathless Destroyer

I don't really know what counts as epic! I've vs'd many game bosses over my 10 years of computing and gaming thus far (almost 11), but I never had much difficulty in them or thought they were interesting. Maybe I'd go with the second boss in Deus Ex: HR, but really I don't know.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Ice Cream Firefighter

For myself it would have to be the weapons from Final Fantasy VII those bosses were the most epic beings I have ever faced

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    I don't really know what counts as epic! I've vs'd many game bosses over my 10 years of computing and gaming thus far (almost 11), but I never had much difficulty in them or thought they were interesting. Maybe I'd go with the second boss in Deus Ex: HR, but really I don't know.
    DEHR 2nd Boss: She was easy mate, this is my video from my walkthrough. Give Me Deus Ex difficultly with NO HEALTH LOSS

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Asura from Asura's Wrath, because every single one of the fights in that game is epic, especially the Asura v Augus duel in space!

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

just going thru hardcore in dead space 2
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

I'm afraid both of my picks have to come from World of Warcraft (There must be some WoW heads here)...

Most satisfying "Win" was against Thorim in Ulduar, 76 wipes over 5 weeks before my guild downed him. I think there were actual tears shed when he was finally beaten.

If I had to face a boss in a "real fight" then I would have to pick The Lich King. He's such an Uber Douche Bag that beating him would redefine the meaning of the word epic to just be a picture of your face.

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    For myself it would have to be the weapons from Final Fantasy VII those bosses were the most epic beings I have ever faced

DEHR 2nd Boss: She was easy mate, this is my video from my walkthrough. Give Me Deus Ex difficultly with NO HEALTH LOSS

I beat the 2nd boss easily ages ago, just died twice due to careless mistakes when the boss was moving around.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lord of all Goat-Men

Yiazmat from FFXII.
    That mother fucker...

PRO Member

Wolverine boss on hard. I think his name was deadpool. He was a massive pain in the ass

Saints Row IV

Yakuza(kAZUMA Kiryu)
    ALL boss fights were amazing really....also he is the most powerful simple man i have seen to fight only with martial arts

(Fictional boss fight that would be epic)

Triple Boss Fight
    Ryu Hayabusha and Bayonetta and Dante vs Kazuma Kiryu
    Map: Downtown Tokyo
    :HOLY:
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 5 - Silver

Well ive had many but for some reason Yiazmat from FF12 comes to mind. The first time I tried him , the team was all about level 70 or 80, which did not matter, as we lost ....WELL! Only when I had all at level 99 , were we able to take the big Yiaz down, still took 4-6 hours for for my nephew & I to beat him. But that was just ONE boss fight, all people levels maxed, yeah 4-6 hours, one fight. looking 2 posts up , i noticed another Yiazmat fan yea a little over 50,000,000 HP takes just a weee bit o time. Another neat thing , the first time (or 2nd or 3rd) trying to beat him & 2-3 hours in, we left the arena area.....his health regenerated.... yup, that sucked.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

SMT: Nocturne (PS2), fighting Lucifer.

PRO Member

All of the fights from Yakuza..they just get better each game and are so well played out and epic to watch how it all ends whose the final showdown etc.

Monkey D Luffy..he just seems to be unstopable even if you knock him down he gets back up though in a under water fight he'd be gone.

Hero of Kvatch

My most EPIC boss battle would either be Beatrix, Ultima Kuga or Ozma, all 3 from Final Fantasy IX. They were such awesome battles, loved all of them in different ways. Beatrix for how badass she was, Ultima Kuga because of what beating him meant in the storyline, and Ozma, because it took me 6 years to finally beat him!

"War, war never changes."

> Restart Button <

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Yiazmat from FFXII.
    That mother fucker...
    I'd say a lot of the Bosses/Hunts from FF12 would be Epic fights.

How bout Sephiroth in FF7 & In Kingdom Hearts 2. That was a huge bitch, both games. If you can blow hours of your life on a fight, there's 2.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time bosses were pretty epic to take down too.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

If we were to fight our heroes we wouldn't stand a chance, so if I had to chose someone to kill me... for a violent death Kratos would be pretty epic

Lvl 9 - Gold

Boss characters don't get much more badass than the T-Rex at the end of Dino Crisis. That was a great fight/chase scene. And, in case I forgot to mention it - Tyrannosaurs are badass.