Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sony Reveals PlayStation 3, Vita Black Friday Sales

This is a discussion on Sony Reveals PlayStation 3, Vita Black Friday Sales within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; just pointing out that these figures are US only, seeing as how the ps3 is much more popular than the ...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

just pointing out that these figures are US only, seeing as how the ps3 is much more popular than the xbox in europe and asia the numbers are probably much more comparable

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    just pointing out that these figures are US only, seeing as how the ps3 is much more popular than the xbox in europe and asia the numbers are probably much more comparable
    Is Black Friday celebrated in a lot of those places? I know it's directly after American Thanksgiving, so I always presumed it was specific to America. Even being in Canada (we mirror almost the exact same prices), not every retailer acknowledges Black Friday. We have Boxing Day (a lot of places, it's an entire week), which is the 26th of December, which is essentially to clear out unsold stock from Christmas, and is sort of our 'Black Friday'.

I have noticed the past few years that more and more Canadian retailers are jumping on the Black Friday bandwagon though, even if it is only for the following 'Cyber Monday'.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    Is Black Friday celebrated in a lot of those places? I know it's directly after American Thanksgiving, so I always presumed it was specific to America. Even being in Canada (we mirror almost the exact same prices), not every retailer acknowledges Black Friday. We have Boxing Day (a lot of places, it's an entire week), which is the 26th of December, which is essentially to clear out unsold stock from Christmas, and is sort of our 'Black Friday'.

I have noticed the past few years that more and more Canadian retailers are jumping on the Black Friday bandwagon though, even if it is only for the following 'Cyber Monday'.
    for other regions its probably just an ordinary week, but there are americans abroad that would bump up those numbers, and seeing as how its almost impossible to sell an xbox in japan these days those numbers would only benefit sony

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12