No split screen in Ratchet full frontal Assault for standard T.V.

This is a discussion on No split screen in Ratchet full frontal Assault for standard T.V. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I have a standard T.V. and when I try split screen it says Require HDTV....

Lvl 4 - Silver

No split screen in Ratchet full frontal Assault for standard T.V.

I have a standard T.V. and when I try split screen it says Require HDTV.
    Sucker Punch and Guerrilla Games
    Are awesome

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Now that's a problem :s

Check Those Corners

Sony is trying to say:

upgrade your tv

Lvl 4 - Silver

I guess I got to play online coop but it isn't the same as playing with friends.
    Are awesome

INTJ

hdtvs go for sale less than $100 these days

just grab one already

Breakfast and Chill

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

just grab one already
    Looks like it's time to upgrade then.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

just grab one already
    For the first time I agree with PS360.

I think almost everyone has one now, some games don't even support 480p or less.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Considering how long HDTVs have been available it's kind of hard to believe that someone who has the money to buy a Playstation 3 hasn't already acquired an HDTV or a HiDef monitor (I use one of each).

PRO Member

A computer monitor should also suffice if that's easier to move then your PS3. That is of course if it has HDMI in.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 7 - Gold

I hear ya. I can't seem to play my new copy of Skyrim for the pc in my Commodore 64. Why would Bethesda do this to me!?

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by mihalick View Post
    i hear ya. I can't seem to play my new copy of skyrim for the pc in my commodore 64. Why would bethesda do this to me!?
    lmfao.........

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    I hear ya. I can't seem to play my new copy of Skyrim for the pc in my Commodore 64. Why would Bethesda do this to me!?
    I have no idea what Commodore 64 is but why make where it is unplayable for split screen for standard. Killzone 3 allowed it and it has a lot better graphics than Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault .Anyway what HDTV should I get?
    Are awesome

Lord of all Goat-Men

You know that there are literally hundreds of different HDTVs available, right?

I would, however, suggest that you pick a Samsung. The only company that comes close is Sony (they use the same manufacturer), but those are are much more expensive.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Randy66 View Post
    I have no idea what Commodore 64 is but why make where it is unplayable for split screen for standard. Killzone 3 allowed it and it has a lot better graphics than Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault .Anyway what HDTV should I get?
    The Commodore 64 was quite possibly the biggest block in the foundation of gaming as we know it today. It was an old computer system (early 1980s, 16 color 8 bit graphics) that boosted the popularity and accessibility of in-home gaming. It's the largest selling computer model of all time, and used to crush Apple, IBM, and Atari on the market.

My point of making the reference was this - you can't be mad at new technology because it won't work with outdated technology. I was being sardonic and using an extreme example, but I do stick to my point. It's up to us to keep up with technology, not on technology fall back and keep pace with us. It certainly sucks when it costs us money to do that or leaves us unable to enjoy something, so I do feel your frustration, there has to be a line drawn somewhere that forces us to move forward into the future.

I agree with Faust - Samsung and Sony would be the two companies I'd recommend for an HDTV.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I ve got a Panasonic viera which is great.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    The Commodore 64 was quite possibly the biggest block in the foundation of gaming as we know it today. It was an old computer system (early 1980s, 16 color 8 bit graphics) that boosted the popularity and accessibility of in-home gaming. It's the largest selling computer model of all time, and used to crush Apple, IBM, and Atari on the market.

My point of making the reference was this - you can't be mad at new technology because it won't work with outdated technology. I was being sardonic and using an extreme example, but I do stick to my point. It's up to us to keep up with technology, not on technology fall back and keep pace with us. It certainly sucks when it costs us money to do that or leaves us unable to enjoy something, so I do feel your frustration, there has to be a line drawn somewhere that forces us to move forward into the future.

I agree with Faust - Samsung and Sony would be the two companies I'd recommend for an HDTV.
    Thank you for you tell me of good HDTV. I will tried to find one that is pretty cheap of the Samsung brand.
    Are awesome

The One and Only

I don't have an HDTV, neither do I have the money for it. If split screen is the only limitation (which I think is a little silly), then I'm not going to make a big deal about it.

My dad has an HDTV though, but 90% of the time he's watching something on it.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Retired

You can get the PlayStation 3D display, it small and cheap, but I heard it's great.

And you can use SimulView.