Question on multi-region PSN store accounts

This is a discussion on Question on multi-region PSN store accounts within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I am signed up on the NA and the EU store accounts. My question is are these the only two? ...

Looking for Grimy's n00bs

Question on multi-region PSN store accounts

I am signed up on the NA and the EU store accounts. My question is are these the only two?

Is there any problem buying from the different regions? I would assume no, except if your buying a DLC the main game has to match the DLC region.

Is there anyway to get the PS+ free stuff in different regions? I assumed no because the main account is assigned to one region.

If anyone could answer any of my questions or add additional info on the subject it would be greatly appreciated.

avatar and sig by the awesome kid420247

Lvl 3 - Bronze

If you buy ps+ for your US and EU accounts then you can get free ps+ stuff. I had my main US account, a EU account and a JP account b4 psn went down and I got extra ps+ for my US account and a 30 day free trial of ps+ for my EU and JP accounts, which I got free games from.

There's no problem buying EU stuff from the EU store as long as you have a EU psn card. A US card will not work on a EU account and a EU card won't work on a US account. EU dlc only works on the EU version of the game unless it says otherwise and US dlc only works on the US version of the game.

My main account is US and I can play EU games and JP games on it. The ps3 isn't region locked.
    Platbar by the infamous In2
    "If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it.
    If it's marketed right, you'll buy it, but...if it's real, YOU"LL FEEL IT"

Looking for Grimy's n00bs

Thanks for the reply - that's exactly what I was thinking. I have a credit card, so the region thing shouldn't matter. Are there just the 3 stores then?

avatar and sig by the awesome kid420247

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think most people have those as the main stores. I currently have US, JP, and Hong Kong stores. Hong Kong store is in english compared to Japanese although it tends to be a little sluggish on content. There are many different region stores but those are the major ones.

Player Hater

I have EU, US and JP. Every other store is not worth visiting as they tend to recycle the content from these 3 different stores. Exception to the rule is when other stores fuck up and release paid-for games for free (ala Germany and Crazy Machines on release), but you usually have to be real quick to take advantage.