Glitched trophies

This is a discussion on Glitched trophies within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; ok so question...this might sound clever or stupid depending on who reads this so lets say u have a game ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Glitched trophies

ok so question...this might sound clever or stupid depending on who reads this

so lets say u have a game that has a few glitched trophies...or more than one game...does changing the cd or getting a new one actually work or is that jus a long shot/ lucky guess ? i know some games have patches or whatever..

Nope, nothing

I think it's down to either being very unlucky or the game needs patching big time

Don't think changing the disc would do anything to help

Prayer Warrior

yeah changing the disc is going to do absolutely nothing to help you out. it's not a fault with one single disc.....it's the game itself that needs some serious love with a patch or something.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Well, there can be numerous and a variety of problems, none of which include the disc. The only disc-related problem is a scratched disc, and your console not reading it correctly.

Basic problems:
    server/online functionality (ie Ghostbusters: The Video Game, where the stats servers prevent you from obtaining the right wins)
    corrupted game data/save data (usually rectified by deleting either or)
    in rare cases (if any), modding/hacking the game.
    a flaw/bug in the coding of the game that prevents you from progressing or obtaining a stat towards the trophy -- usually gets patched, but to state once again, GB:VG never, and probably won't, get patched for the online stats

======================

My Guides
    --------------
    Jurassic Park: The Game
    Episode One -- Episode Two -- Episode Three -- Episode Four

Microbot

======================

PSN ID: Horror_Movie

======================

Lvl 1 - Bronze

There is really three options

1. I have had issues were a game will just not count things that you have done

2. Some games just have major issues with the game like in MAG when MAG 2.0 came out Directive changed to multi que so then the win 10 directive games couldn't be fixed until a new patch came out

3. Then there's those games where things just don't work and your stuck with what you get

Lets just hope your not stuck with option three

Call of Duty: MW2, Fallout 3, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Call of Duty World at War, Red Dead Redemption
    Medal of Honor, Call of Duty Black Ops, Burnout Paradise, Uncharted 2 Among Theives, MAG, Little Big Planet
    Little Big Planet 2, InFamous, Dead Nation, Borderlands, Battlefield 3, Assassins Creed 2, Skyrim, InFamous 2
    Saints Row: The Third, Skylanders Spyro's Adventure

Lvl 1 - Bronze

thats what i thought...il try deleting saves thing...its jus 2k and ea sports at it again...ah well...i jus didnt wana ruin my ps3 collection with a game stuck at 70% or sth cheers guys!

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Th dedication trophy for Crysis 2 glitched on me.
    It's the last one I needed for plat... it glitched on me and to many others as well.

No solution yet.

Long story short, it depends on the game.
    Sometimes replaying a level helps, reinstalling the game, etc.
    It's just a flesh wound.

An old-fashioned cowboy

I've noticed that having stuff connected to the usb slots on the PS3 might also glitch trophies sometimes. I keep my old 80 gb ipod connected to my PS3 most of the time and there have been times where I get trophies even when I'm not suppose to and other times when I don't get trophies even though I did what was required.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by faroos7 View Post
    thats what i thought...il try deleting saves thing...its jus 2k and ea sports at it again...ah well...i jus didnt wana ruin my ps3 collection with a game stuck at 70% or sth cheers guys!
    What game are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    I've noticed that having stuff connected to the usb slots on the PS3 might also glitch trophies sometimes. I keep my old 80 gb ipod connected to my PS3 most of the time and there have been times where I get trophies even when I'm not suppose to and other times when I don't get trophies even though I did what was required.
    Ehh? I don't know how that would be, but a big crap on that if that's the case.

======================

My Guides
    --------------
    Jurassic Park: The Game
    Episode One -- Episode Two -- Episode Three -- Episode Four

Microbot

======================

PSN ID: Horror_Movie

======================

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This game glitched on me from the start and i really had badluck with it
    Time stamps where all over the place for this game...
    Power shut down while playing/YLOD/Save corrupt etc etc...
    Got some trophies.. didnt sync... then got the same trophies again and synced and got difrent time stamps game shut down ylod.. replayed game got the trophies again etc etc...
    it was a BIG mess.. (pic is proof)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

apocalypse the two games are NBA2k11 and fifa worldcup game..actually and fifa 10 too...so yeah jus gona be those kind of games that ruin ur trophy collection i guess.