Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Metal Gear Rising Demo Coming Next Week to PSN

This is a discussion on Metal Gear Rising Demo Coming Next Week to PSN within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Qurb I'm kinda interested in the game. Haven't played a MGS game yet, but this one look's ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    I'm kinda interested in the game. Haven't played a MGS game yet, but this one look's pretty cool. Will be downloading the demo if it ever releases in NA PS stores.
    I wouldn't recommend starting on this game if you've never played a MGS game before. Try MGS4. It's balls cheap these days.

Plats: BFBC2, BF3, MW2, MW3, UC, UC2, UC3, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, LBP, AC II, ACB, ACR, AC III, Burnout

PRO Member

^Well if you are interested in the story playing first MGS4 makes no sense, it's like going to the last hour of a 4 hours movie, you won't understand a thing.

If you're more interested in the gameplay, you can get Rising, but if you really are interested in the story (and if you enjoy good games you should) then get MGS1 on the Store, the MGS HD Collection and MGS4

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

I look forward to a lot of people squirming their way out of saying they were wrong about their opinion of this game, saying it's an abomination and generally shit, by taking the cheap route and claiming it spoils MGS canon instead.

Sod the storyline connections, sod the 'character raping', it won't play like a Metal Gear game so it's not bloody canon, this is a game first, story second. How much more unlike Metal Gear could you bleedin want it?

It's a Hack N' Slash with a twist of Metal Gear, a twist! A Metal Gear decorated cake with a thick layer of Bruckheimer styled 80's action Homoerotica icing smeared on top of a Devil May Cry jam sponge! Get over yourselves and accept it for what it is, the Luigi's Mansion of Metal Gear games. ( That's a good thing )

( Paid for by the Revengeance is a dish best served Awesome Party )

Lvl 2 - Bronze

This coming from Platinum game ~ i must try it :3
    Bayonetta and Vanquish eh

i am expecting a hard and challenging game

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by patzivota View Post
    I wouldn't recommend starting on this game if you've never played a MGS game before. Try MGS4. It's balls cheap these days.
    Er, no. Why start off with the end of the series? Like annare41 said, MGS1 is available to download for a small price from the Store. The graphics haven't held up too well, but the game itself is still amazing.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Looks better than other MGS games. I try the demo to see if I like it. Hope their isn't the boring long cut scenes.
    Sucker Punch and Guerrilla Games
    Are awesome

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm sure the store has been updated and thers no demo grrrr

PRO Member

It's supposed to be up tomorrow the 13th

PRO Member

Well it is in the Japanese Store now, but apparently it only works in Japan... you can download it but not install it

PRO Member

My question is, Is it the same demo as the one that came with ZoEHD or did the dev throw in a lil extra..
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The demo is region locked.
    Truly, we live in the age of shitty games.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eckes13 View Post
    My question is, Is it the same demo as the one that came with ZoEHD or did the dev throw in a lil extra..
    From what I've read there are 2 boss battles, LQ-84i and Moonlight. I know you fight the first one in the ZOEHD version but I don't know about Moonlight so I'm not sure

-i- love myself.

There are three ways to play the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance demo: buy a copy of the Zone of Enders HD Collection, live in Japan, or wait one month.

The Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance demo is out now in Japan, but it is region locked, which means you can download it with a faux Japanese account, but you won't be able to play it in North America. Konami is promising that the demo will be available in January for North American Xbox 360s and PlayStation 3s.
    Source: GameInformer

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    From what I've read there are 2 boss battles, LQ-84i and Moonlight. I know you fight the first one in the ZOEHD version but I don't know about Moonlight so I'm not sure
    if you mean the cybrog dog, then yeah....i have no idea who moonlight is, but you dont play that part.....
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Venire, Videre, Vince

have to check it out!

PRO Member

I hope by "next month" they mean the first week, because the games comes out in two months

Quote Originally Posted by Eckes13 View Post
    if you mean the cybrog dog, then yeah....i have no idea who moonlight is, but you dont play that part.....
    I checked and yes, it's a different demo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12