Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Metal Gear Rising Demo Coming Next Week to PSN

This is a discussion on Metal Gear Rising Demo Coming Next Week to PSN within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; That's right! MGR Revengeance demo will be up in the Japanese Store on December 13. This was just announced by ...

PRO Member

Metal Gear Rising Demo Coming Next Week to PSN

That's right!

MGR Revengeance demo will be up in the Japanese Store on December 13. This was just announced by Konami Japan, so we'll have to wait to see if it arrives in North America and Europe on the same day.

Metal Gear Solid: La démo de Metal Gear Rising arrive sur le PSN

Lvl 9 - Gold

Interesting... I'll definitely check it out! Should be some good old-fashioned, mindless hack'n'slash fun!

INTJ

For those who haven't played it yet, im guessing this is the Pax Demo.

it's fucking amazing. It's like someone combined Devil may cry and bayonetta into one then said "Lets throw metal gear in there". So now there is stealth in a fucking hack n slash.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

it's fucking amazing. It's like someone combined Devil may cry and bayonetta into one then said "Lets throw metal gear in there". So now there is stealth in a fucking hack n slash.
    Time will tell

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

PRO Member

i played the demo in the ZoE HD package...it is awesome...and wish for everyone to play it
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Plats-O'-War!!

I'm looking forward to this!!!

-i- love myself.

I'm kinda interested in the game. Haven't played a MGS game yet, but this one look's pretty cool. Will be downloading the demo if it ever releases in NA PS stores.

PRO Member

Besides the S3, something I'm actually willing to agree with you on.

I'm very excited for this game to release!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 6 - Silver

Sold Sony, take my money. Just shut up and take it.
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

The Deathly Rhythm

I can't wait for it
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

PRO Member

Glad to see people are looking forward to this game, being an old school MGS fan myself I won't know how I feel about the game until I play it, but I have a good feeling and I'm can't wait for it

Btw, still no Metal Gear Rising forum in the Games Section!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Stealth? Sure, you can kill enemies from behind with a single strike but the game's far from stealth. Call Boris on the codec a few times, you'll hear something funny.

The game does look fun but the whole canon thing is killing it for me.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    About a year ago it was stated by Kojima that it's not part of the main series, so it wouldn't be considered canon, but at this point we'll have to wait and see

Buy my book, Alteration

The game looks awesome. Gotta love the hacking and slashing.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    About a year ago it was stated by Kojima that it's not part of the main series, so it wouldn't be considered canon, but at this point we'll have to wait and see

I've read an interview that stated that the game is canon. And if the demo is anything to go by, it is. You get a nice little story explanation before the demo starts that mentions it takes place after MGS4 and the events in MGS4 are mentioned as well. I hope the game won't be considered a part of the main MGS storyline because I really don't like how they butchered Raiden's character with this.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well it looks fun as is and I can not wait for this demo. I just want to see more footage for Ground Zeroes!

Sig by kid420247

PRO Member

I've read an interview that stated that the game is canon. And if the demo is anything to go by, it is. You get a nice little story explanation before the demo starts that mentions it takes place after MGS4 and the events in MGS4 are mentioned as well. I hope the game won't be considered a part of the main MGS storyline because I really don't like how they butchered Raiden's character with this.
    I know what you mean, I'm an old school MGS fan myself and at first I was really scared, but I think the game makes sense. I mean Raiden in MGS4 is as crazy as he is in this game, taking down Gekkos with his legs, fighting FROGs with no arms... so it's really not such a big difference in Raiden's style, Platinum Games didn't make him what he is now, Kojima did. Now we just get to play as him. Like you, the story is what worries me, but I think it makes sense, given Raiden's past the only thing he can really do is get involved in this kind of stuff.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    I know what you mean, I'm an old school MGS fan myself and at first I was really scared, but I think the game makes sense. I mean Raiden in MGS4 is as crazy as he is in this game, taking down Gekkos with his legs, fighting FROGs with no arms... so it's really not such a big difference in Raiden's style, Platinum Games didn't make him what he is now, Kojima did. Now we just get to play as him. Like you, the story is what worries me, but I think it makes sense, given Raiden's past the only thing he can really do is get involved in this kind of stuff.
    You know, had he not be turned into a cyborg, Raiden would've been a great character to continue the MGS storyline. He was a good soldier by the time MGS2 ended, not to mention he had past experience. He would've made a good heir to Snake's "throne".

What I'm worried about is that now MGS will be associated with something like hack 'n' slash and that future games will suffer for it. If they keep up with this they'll move further and further from what makes MGS...MGS. Not to mention that Raiden had a good ending in MGS4. He stopped running from his past and his responsibilities as a father and a husband. He was going to settle down with his family and live in peace. Now he's a cyborg again just because it looks cool.

Kojima's first concept for the game was great. A game where you cut at will but the emphasis was still on sneaking. If a MGS game is canon I'd like it to be a game that is true to the MGS formula. They could've simply made the game à la AC!D, where it uses the character from the main game but has nothing to do with the story f the main series. But then hardcore fans wouldn't HAVE to buy it since it wouldn't be important to the story.

I don't know. From the gameplay point of view I can see this game as being a lot of fun. It's the story part of it I don't like.

PRO Member

I actually think Raiden should have died in Shadow Moses in MGS4. The first time I played the game I really thought he died crushed by Outer Haven, when his light goes off and you hear the flashback of him and Rose talking. But then at the end when he is reunited with his family, I liked that and you're right, it's a good ending for him.

The reason why I was excited by Rising at first was because it was going to be between MGS2 and MGS4, and in MGS4 what Raiden has done for the past 5 years is explained in one Codec conversation, I still feel we should know more about that. Then when Platinum took over the game and said it would be after MGS4 I too was like WTF

But at this point, I just tell my brain to shut up and I'll wait to finish the game to see the bigger picture. I agree with most of what you've said, but since the story is actually done by Kojima Productions , I have hope in it.

INTJ

Stealth? Sure, you can kill enemies from behind with a single strike but the game's far from stealth. Call Boris on the codec a few times, you'll hear something funny.

You can sneak and avoid conflict

i did it at pax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast