Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Longest you have worked on a Non-platted game

This is a discussion on Longest you have worked on a Non-platted game within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So, I suck. I have been playing Medal Of Honor:Frontline on and off since it came out with no shiny ...

PRO Member

Longest you have worked on a Non-platted game

So, I suck. I have been playing Medal Of Honor:Frontline on and off since it came out with no shiny new plat for all my efforts. That is roughly 2 1/2 years. Just wondering what is the longest others have worked on a plat steadily (playing it atleast every other week) without getting it finished?
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Forget I Was Ever Here

LBP took me over 1 1/2 years and I believe Dragon Age Origins did also! Some other games I stopped playing and go back after months so I won't count those

It is time for me to go underground

Retired...

Gran Turismo 5 I don't need to explain why Vettel's so insanely hard since ppl knows about it.

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Plats-O'-War!!

NGS2. My old 60GB PS3 caught instant aids (YLOD), and I didn't have a way to backup my saves at the time. So, I was forced to start over. Making great progress!!! 4 more Team Missions left, then I can finally lay this game to rest

Lvl 3 - Bronze

GT5 and still don't have it :'(

PRO Member

I would say Oblivion, came out prior to trophies. I spent so much time on that game.

I would like to say the Oblivion does not have trophies and that I should read the title of the thread more carefully.

Therefore my new game would be LBP, I've been playing that game for a solid 3 months and its not that difficult
    Last edited by User011010; 12-04-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Symantics

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

PRO Member

The plat that took me the longest would be GTA IV (took me around 4 years xD) But I did have large amounts of time where I didn't play the game at all ... so I guess the game you are looking for would be " Little Big planet" pretty sure that took me a few months to get all the "hearted levels" and what not ^^

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

> Restart Button <

Fallout 3 for me. I grabbed it after playing Skyrim and my PS3 was offline for a time. I beat the shit outta that game but got no trophies for it

I left AC Revelations unplatted for awhile and before I played SSX a few months ago, I finished it up randomly. Books cost a lot in renaissance Istanbul.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 7 - Gold

Warhammer 40k Space Marine. I've pumped more time into that than some of the longer plats I've achieved, including Nier and Dragon Age. The multiple kills with one shot online (if you're familiar with the game, the plasma cannon and melta gun) are terribly hard for me to get. To have two live people in such a close space at the right time is near impossible.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 1 - Bronze

3D Dot Game Heroes, definitely. It was one of the first games I played, and I haven't come close to platting it yet. I think I only have one SILVER for that game. Granted, I haven't tried in over a year and a half... Collecting those damned swords, and then beating the game without getting hit. Man, that's tough.
    AC:Brotherhood was next. Didn't want to do that multiplayer grind. Finally bit the bullet and finished that one this summer.

Platinum Dohvakiin

I'm going to have to go with Gt5 and LBP (hate all those community trophies were other people have to play/rate your levels...blah)

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

PRO Member

I have probably poured at least 150 hours into James Bond 007 Blood Stone, and I have no plat to show for it (just missing a bronze and a silver). I'm sure I would have the plat if the online medals system wasnt glitched :-(
    Currently working on: FFX HD

Platinums (28): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sorcery, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

Angel of Death

For games with Plat's, that I don't have the Plat for, LBP and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Lost planet 2, almost 200 hours played, and the toughest trophies required at least 500 hours more. I just couldnt keep playing it because of how absurd the rest of the trophy list was
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

> Restart Button <

Quote Originally Posted by themute88orl View Post
    Fallout 3 for me. I grabbed it after playing Skyrim and my PS3 was offline for a time. I beat the shit outta that game but got no trophies for it

I left AC Revelations unplatted for awhile and before I played SSX a few months ago, I finished it up randomly. Books cost a lot in renaissance Istanbul.
    I want to add Skyrim as I played over 100 hours on it and don't have half of the trophies.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

A plat a month!

I've got a few games I'm working on now, that will most likely take forever, and most likely won't plat

White Knight Chronicles - been putting time into this every so often. Online is probably dead now, so not sure if I'll make it
    Star Ocean 4 - Was putting a break on that game, gonna start it up again soon, but doubtful I'll ever get the plat
    Frontlines - What OP said
    Terminator Salvation - Ok, this should be easy. However, couldn't get past chapter 3 on hard. Starting it back up again
    SW TFU II - stuck on challenge 1 - can't get a gold rating

Lvl 9 - Gold

street fighter 4 125 hrs combo challenges r hard!!

Local Drunk

Tie between GTA IV & Fallout 3 been playing them on and off for 3 years.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Banned

Probably something like 50-100 hours for a non platinum and I'm sure it's one of the Rock Band titles. I guess it wouldn't totally count because I wasn't "working on the platinum"; I was just playing for fun because the platinums are next to impossible.

PRO Member

I'd say GTA IV or Little Big Planet... I still don't know if I'll ever do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast