2012 is the year of...

This is a discussion on 2012 is the year of... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Metal Gear Solid for me. Let's see: - Got the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection in February and played through ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

2012 is the year of...

Metal Gear Solid for me. Let's see:

- Got the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection in February and played through 2, 3 and Peace Walker fully.
    - Then played through them again later on in the year
    - Metal Gear Solid 4 gets a trophy patch
    - Played Metal Gear Solid 4 playthrough with the patch
    - Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes is announced
    - Metal Gear Solid celebrates 25 year anniversary
    - More Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance details as that will be released next year.

I just thought of those facts for me about Metal Gear Solid this year and it seems for me that it is the year of MGS

PRO Member

2012 is the year of me really failing at getting Pretty disappointing year in that aspect. On the flipside, it is also the year I just went back to gaming. Playing just about anything that I could and having a ton of fun. It is also the year that I got my wife really into games.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

I would say walking Dead.

What with the TV show blowing up and the game, along with the comics hitting a massive milestone of 100 issues, with 9 variant covers.

My year is a Walking Dead year

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

INTJ

2012 is the year of dota 2 for me. the game is intense as shit.

But Metal Gear solid really impressed me too. When i was at Pax that Confrence was fucking amazing, showing off the tech demo live and inperson in the same room as hideo kojima.

PRO Member

My 2012 was the year of ... GTA IV for me
    Finally got the platinum for the game, considering "off the boat" was the very first trophy I got which was sometime, 4 years ago, before I even set up my psn profile ... I guess you could say it was about time

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Lvl 7 - Gold

You can add the Metal Gear Rising demo to your list since it comes out next week. In the broad world of ps3 gaming, this was definitely the year of Metal Gear. I don't think any other franchise experienced so much over the past 12 months.

For me personally, 2012 was the year of multiplayer. I never really played online much, but I started to this year.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

> Restart Button <

2012 for me is the year of awakening.

I have played games my whole life and just now I'm really defining what I like to play and what I don't.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Banned

2012 is the year I got laid lolol... nah women don't deserve me.

PRO Member

Year of Final Fantasy for me. I platted FFXIII (the second time) and FFXIII-2, started a new game on FFIX, and finally a couple weekends ago finished up the last aspects of a perfect game run on FFXII (not that what I had left was time consuming, but the PS2 is at my parents' house, not mine).

Also a year of mostly single player/couch co-op gaming, which I vastly prefer to online multiplayer.
    Currently working on: FFX HD

Platinums (28): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sorcery, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

Breakfast and Chill

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    Metal Gear Solid for me. Let's see:

- Got the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection in February and played through 2, 3 and Peace Walker fully.
    - Then played through them again later on in the year
    - Metal Gear Solid 4 gets a trophy patch
    - Played Metal Gear Solid 4 playthrough with the patch
    - Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes is announced
    - Metal Gear Solid celebrates 25 year anniversary
    - More Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance details as that will be released next year.

I just thought of those facts for me about Metal Gear Solid this year and it seems for me that it is the year of MGS
    Year of the "Snake"

Lvl 4 - Silver

2012 is the year of...bows.
    "Roach? Ghost? Come in Ghost. Do you Copy?! Does ANYONE copy?!

-i- love myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Near-McTavish View Post
    2012 is the year of...bows.
    LMAO! Agreed.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

For me 2012 is the year of the ps3. Got my first one late last year and I've made some good progress I think.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

2012 will be remembered as the year that indies stepped up with the big boys.

With Journey and The Walking Dead on the short list of a lot of people's GOTY, and finally getting major recognition from the gaming community, the press, and the sales charts - it's time that titles like this aren't seen as cute creative little niche titles that rarely get talked about, and only get big numbers by reviewers.

--

Many franchises turned 25 this year (Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, Mega Man, Phantasy Star) and the list grows even larger next year as more titles celebrate their Silver Anniversary. I am not so sure how much value that number is going to hold in a couple years when there are about 40+ franchises that reach that mark, but I am sure most of them will try to milk it somehow.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

PRO Member

I would side with the MGS crowd, it does make the most sense....but i have to say nothing was more consistent then the HD remakes...

2012 - year of the HD
    -Zone of the Enders
    -Okami
    Devil May Cry Etc..
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

PRO Member

2012 I'm already satisfied with ToG F and RE6 and reaching #50 plat hope i can keep enjoying this awesome hobby with all of u mates xD add oil add oil

PRO Member

Well 2012 is the 25th Anniversary of Metal Gear Solid so... MGS!.

A few days ago I got The Walking Dead videogame and it really is amazing. I've never played anything like it before, and it's so good. And I still have 2 chapters to go. The TV Show truly is one the best TV Shows ever made, and this game really makes The Walking Dead Universe even better. Comic, Show, and now Games, all pure awesomeness.

Also I have to say L.A. Noire, which came out last year but I got it this summer and I love it.