Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

PS3 3 beeps shutdown

This is a discussion on PS3 3 beeps shutdown within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; That happened to my original PS3 back in September this year 15 mins after I updated the firmware Rest in ...

Deathless Destroyer

That happened to my original PS3 back in September this year 15 mins after I updated the firmware

Rest in Peace 60GB FAT PS3 - November 06' - September 12'
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lvl 3 - Bronze

well felas and gals i just brought a new ps3 dang 289 $ with a discount got it at 268 $ sweet plus it came with a hdd cradle he threw in its was 17 bucks but he never charged me for it few.. So thats the 12 gig flash superslim ps3 updated to my 500 gig in one day dang never thort id be spending that sort cash today but yay im back up and running now ..

thats 268 $ for new 12gb superslim package
    +the HDD cradile thingy..
    happy as now the mission of fixing ylod on my fatboy..yay..

Digital Terror

YLOD

Negator

3 Beeps is a hard-freeze, usually associated with a severe system or game error. This is commonly seen due to overheating of the unit, and sometimes corrupt OFW installations. Worst case scenario is the YLoD, which has been described above already.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

PRO Member

My fat still have that issue but still working LOL

Gaming since PONG !

I had my 80gig 4usb Fatty from 07 to 2010 then got YLoD ... went online looked at a youtube video on how to repair the solder ... and here it is almost 2013 and not one problem.... ohh yea that an i modded the case to fit a 30mm PC case fan and put new "real" CPU compound on the cpu's the happy plat dance guy is how i felt after i turned it on and it booted up!

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by revbob666 View Post
    I had my 80gig 4usb Fatty from 07 to 2010 then got YLoD ... went online looked at a youtube video on how to repair the solder ... and here it is almost 2013 and not one problem.... ohh yea that an i modded the case to fit a 30mm PC case fan and put new "real" CPU compound on the cpu's the happy plat dance guy is how i felt after i turned it on and it booted up!
    So, you actually re-balled your entire PS3? Or, you just added Arctic Silver thermal compound and called it a day?

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    The yellow light always flashes when it shuts off on its own. It does it at the very least three times a month. Happened a shit load with Uncharted 3. I actually had a thread about it and everybody said that I would get the YLOD any day, but never did.
    Just back up those game saves, that's all I'm gonna say
    Never say never...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by revbob666 View Post
    yer mate thats just what im doing pulling old fat boy apart tommoro then reflow chips gpu,cpu..seems to work most of the time to ps3s after 5 years old ..cheers for all the tips guys

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

it's always a sad day when your fat PS3 dies :/ mine died in January while playing Star Ocean: Last Hope International on my old profile. i had 899/900 battle trophies and the save data corrupts itself if you copy it... 600-700 hrs of my life just gone. i have 2 slims now though

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Mine has been doing this constantly for the past year. It is not the YLOD, so don't believe that. It happens to me mostly when playing games online.
    My Fatty has been doing that for a year and a half now and she still works. 4 years and still running strong but I bought a slim just in case when I had some extra cash. Now my kids play the fatty.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by System H View Post
    My Fatty has been doing that for a year and a half now and she still works. 4 years and still running strong but I bought a slim just in case when I had some extra cash. Now my kids play the fatty.
    bro id do a data back soon bro or at least get playsation plus to save all game data online then swap to new ps3 its the easyst way i think ...if ya doint have a extarnl hdd in fat32..

Lvl 3 - Bronze

FIXED IT EVERY ONE YLOD gone .... wicked FIXED YESSSSS

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by PS3GAMERMAN View Post
    bro id do a data back soon bro or at least get playsation plus to save all game data online then swap to new ps3 its the easyst way i think ...if ya doint have a extarnl hdd in fat32..
    Thats why I said I already bought a slim model and I have had PSN+ since it has been released.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by System H View Post
    Thats why I said I already bought a slim model and I have had PSN+ since it has been released.
    Nice man im renewing ps+ tonight to sync new game saves then over to new ps super slim 500gb fingers crosst cheers for your tips man..

Lvl 3 - Bronze

my lil vid on my fix..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12