Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PS3 3 beeps shutdown

This is a discussion on PS3 3 beeps shutdown within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hi guys i was checking ps store today annd stoped to check my email on pc looked over at tv ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

PS3 3 beeps shutdown

Hi guys i was checking ps store today annd stoped to check my email on pc looked over at tv ps3 shut down thort nufn of it.. so tryed to boot it up again now it just dose 3 beeps then shuts down iv tryed rebooting and holdong down the powerbuttion but nuffing helps?

anyone had this happen im using my old fat boy ps3

i think it goes standeby light red ,then press power light goes blue then top light goes green and flashis one yellow errr?shut down then red light just flashis till i try all over??? is it dead guys?

Lvl 9 - Gold

sounds like you just got the YLOD man. It's common with the old Fat PS3's

Death to zombies!!

Sounds like the YLOD to me.....

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

illegal in 9 countries

Does the LED on the front appear yellow for a moment before shutting down?

If so, its the dreaded Yellow Light of Death. Welcome to the club - I've lost two Fats to the YLoD.

You can get it repaired, but for the same price as a decent repair,consider buying a second-hand Slim that will survive far longer.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I lost my second PS3 to the YLOD, just like ant1 said it's a better deal to buy a new Slim that will live longer and has lower risk of YLODing.
    I just hope you had your PS3 savedata stored in another place like external hardrive.
    Awesome Sig By Apokolypz

Lvl 3 - Bronze

dohhhh..im finding it was getting a lil weary .. thanks guys for fast replys im gess il stop try to bring her back to life now and just gut her for her goods

Change is good

Yeah that's the good ol' YLOD. How I love it so. I've gotten it a total of 3 times before switching to a Slim.

News Team

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 4 - Silver

R.I.P, Your PS3 will get the highest honor. the "21 game salute"

Lvl 3 - Bronze

yer just checking the dates iv had her synce early 2009 its a few years for a sony divice to work at ful pace hehe. im very sad shes dead guys but gota keep up with the times and move on yall recon..but fuck now i got do sum home work will my old 500gig fit a modernday slimy?its a scorpion blu WD 500 maybe i can bye one of those new lil ps3s a 4 gig a swap it out
    ?? anyone done that on here yet ?

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by PS3GAMERMAN View Post
    yer just checking the dates iv had her synce early 2009 its a few years for a sony divice to work at ful pace hehe. im very sad shes dead guys but gota keep up with the times and move on yall recon..but fuck now i got do sum home work will my old 500gig fit a modernday slimy?its a scorpion blu WD 500 maybe i can bye one of those new lil ps3s a 4 gig a swap it out
    ?? anyone done that on here yet ?
    I personally dislike the new Superslim. Buy a second-hand Slim 120GB for about $200 (or less, depending on country) and slot your 500GB WD HDD in there.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Perfecting since 1996

Mine has been doing this constantly for the past year. It is not the YLOD, so don't believe that. It happens to me mostly when playing games online.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 3 - Bronze

cheers for tip bro here new super slim bran new in store 12 gig 350 bucks?? so dunno the old slims second hand can get for cheep here ..oh and i might swap my vita for a ps3 maybe

Lvl 3 - Bronze

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Mine has been doing this constantly for the past year. It is not the YLOD, so don't believe that. It happens to me mostly when playing games online.
    It all depends on the yellow LED. If that appears, then it's YLoD, which also beeps 3 times and shuts down.
    If there's no yellow LED, it could be another hardware fault or more likely overheating, which eventually leads to YLoD.

In any case, the best long-term bet is to ditch the Fat and get a Slim. The solder in the Fats is lead-free which cracks over time and causes YLoD. The solder in the Slims uses lead and is far less likely to cause hardware failure.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3GAMERMAN View Post
    cheers for tip bro here new super slim bran new in store 12 gig 350 bucks?? so dunno the old slims second hand can get for cheep here ..oh and i might swap my vita for a ps3 maybe
    If you've got EB Games in NZ check their online prices for a 120GB Slim. I've bought two Slims recently from EB Games in Oz ($194 for 120GB, $240 for 250GB), both are in great condition and come with a 1 year warranty.

You'll need to buy a hard-drive mount if buying the 12GB Superslim, but your 500GB will slot into the mount.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    It is if it won't turn back on again. What else could it be. If it turns back on it's usually just an overheat or that the system didn't shutdown correctly is what the 3 beeps is. The main signal is to check if there is a flash of yellow just before the beeps. YLOD goes green, yellow, red beep beep beep

Legalize it...

Happened to me back in April. It sucks...

A plat a month!

I had this happen to my beloved fatty in June. I used a hair dryer on my PS3 for 15 minutes, which revived it long enough to retrieve my saves. I subscribed to plus... uploaded my saves, and I was happy! Got a new slim in the process

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by wandarer View Post
    I had this happen to my beloved fatty in June. I used a hair dryer on my PS3 for 15 minutes, which revived it long enough to retrieve my saves. I subscribed to plus... uploaded my saves, and I was happy! Got a new slim in the process
    dude that might be the trick ay, just looking round super slims 12gb cheepest in shop and can easyl fit my old 500gig with the hdd dock from fat boy iv seen converson vids online looks not to bad fingers crosst..

Perfecting since 1996

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    It all depends on the yellow LED. If that appears, then it's YLoD, which also beeps 3 times and shuts down.
    If there's no yellow LED, it could be another hardware fault or more likely overheating, which eventually leads to YLoD.

In any case, the best long-term bet is to ditch the Fat and get a Slim. The solder in the Fats is lead-free which cracks over time and causes YLoD. The solder in the Slims uses lead and is far less likely to cause hardware failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    It is if it won't turn back on again. What else could it be. If it turns back on it's usually just an overheat or that the system didn't shutdown correctly is what the 3 beeps is. The main signal is to check if there is a flash of yellow just before the beeps. YLOD goes green, yellow, red beep beep beep
    The yellow light always flashes when it shuts off on its own. It does it at the very least three times a month. Happened a shit load with Uncharted 3. I actually had a thread about it and everybody said that I would get the YLOD any day, but never did.

Sig by Bladia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast