Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone else been irritated by Sonys trophy bug?

This is a discussion on Has anyone else been irritated by Sonys trophy bug? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; It has been present since around firmware 3.41...Basicly...You are viewing your friendslist, Hit X on your username, Then hit circle ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Has anyone else been irritated by Sonys trophy bug?

It has been present since around firmware 3.41...Basicly...You are viewing your friendslist, Hit X on your username, Then hit circle to cancel trophy sync, Only to be stuck there with an activity bubble at the topright of the screen while the PS3 continues to sync without your consent and does not let you stop it.

Bug has been around for ages and for some reason Sony has neglected to notice it...Anyone else irritated or notice it?

Threat

Never happened to me. I'm always able to immediately cancel a trophy sync.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

NSFW

Never happened like that. I have tried though, where I view my trophies, looks at a game, goes back, and you have to wait for it to load up all of the other games. It's annoying.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

> Restart Button <

Its never been a problem for me but I just let the sync happen. It only takes 30 seconds IF its being slow for me.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Very strange...This has been a problem frequently for me and my friends in real life o.e Must just be related to the internet in the area....Either way, Its horribly annoying.

The problem also happens after you purchase PSN games. Like it has to reload the entire store.

Legalize it...

If I try to cancel a sync it will cancel, but it takes a few minutes. Its actually way faster just to let it sync...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    If I try to cancel a sync it will cancel, but it takes a few minutes. Its actually way faster just to let it sync...
    Thats exactly what im talking about, And it doesnt actually cancel, it syncs all of your trophies...

then when you try to click again, you have to sync a second time despite them already being force-synced.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

It's annoying but not the worst part, the worst part is having it sync whilst you are in game and trying to look through the trophy list, considering it used to let you look without syncing.
    Ah well, i have this site to fall back on for the lists and have to say i rarely get annoyed by these syncing problems, just seems to be when time is short and i want to look quickly, the waiting game starts up.

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    It's annoying but not the worst part, the worst part is having it sync whilst you are in game and trying to look through the trophy list, considering it used to let you look without syncing.
    Ah well, i have this site to fall back on for the lists and have to say i rarely get annoyed by these syncing problems, just seems to be when time is short and i want to look quickly, the waiting game starts up.
    If you want to look at your trophy list in-game without syncing then just press triangle while on trophy collection and choose "offline mode".

Up the Irons!

I haven't encountered that. Probably because I rarely look at my friends' trophy collection, and when I do, I really want to see it, and so I don't cancel.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    If you want to look at your trophy list in-game without syncing then just press triangle while on trophy collection and choose "offline mode".
    Were not talking about the offline online mode, Were talking about the profile.

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by AdorableNirvash View Post
    Were not talking about the offline online mode, Were talking about the profile.
    You obviously didn't read what he said.

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post

I've tried this and it still syncs for me. Ah well.

PRO Member

I just hate the placement of trophy icon and how no matter I do, even if I did sync, when I into it to see what the next trophy I should go for...it syncs..
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Negator

Been through this dozens of times, and it's definitely annoying as fuck. It takes about the same amount of time as a normal sync, but if you try and back out, it doesn't sync at all, even after wasting 3+ minutes of your time.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Buy my book, Alteration

Yeah, I'll be waiting to connect to an online match or something, then sync my trophies, and connect, then I hit to back out but it takes as much time as it would to sync, not getting out then and there.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

iv never seen this befor ?

PRO Member

This happens to me as well. The same thing also happens if you accidentally click on a friends name on your list and you try to cancel out of it, because it wants to sync trophies before showing your friends profile.

I also wish that it wouldn't allow you to send empty PSN messages. Numerous times I've scrolled down during a reply to the send and hit X thinking I was in the text field.

Check Those Corners

I hate this glitch. Even though if I want to see friends trophies, I don't cancel... otherwise I just look on here.

PRO Member

YES, this happens to me, also when i look at a friend's trophy list it has to load the full of list of games that my friend has before i can click one and sometimes when i try to compare my friend's trophies the game list will just not appear and maybe the next day it will work....

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast