[email protected] Trademarks registered in Europe

This is a discussion on [email protected] Trademarks registered in Europe within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Rumor: Namco Bandai may localize an Idolmaster game - Destructoid Here's a sign of hope, non-Japanese Idolmaster fans! It seems ...

INTJ

[email protected] Trademarks registered in Europe

Rumor: Namco Bandai may localize an Idolmaster game - Destructoid

Here's a sign of hope, non-Japanese Idolmaster fans! It seems that last week Namco Bandai registered trademarks in Europe for its Idolmaster series. The company registered two, actually, one for "The Idolmaster", and "Shiny Festa", which just so happens to be the title of a recent Idolmaster spin-off title released for the PSP in October.

What could this mean?! It could mean nothing. Companies file protective trademarks all the time, with no intention of actually doing anything with them. Then again, Idolmaster has been around for nearly seven years at this point (it was one of the Xbox 360's killer apps in Japan!), making Namco Bandai rather slow on the draw if brand protection was its sole motive.

If they do end up bringing some part of the Idolmaster franchise to foreign shores, Shiny Festa would in fact be an easy place to start. Whereas core The [email protected] titles have players nurturing a young pop star's career in a Tamagotchi-like fashion, Shiny Festa (trailer shown above) is a straightforward rhythm game in the tradition of Hatsune Miku Project DIVA or Elite Beat Agents. That would make localization simple and relatively cheap.

Gosh, I sure do hope this actually turns into something. Don't let us down, Namco Bandai!

i'm ready. i am a [email protected]

INTJ

Idolmaster Shiny Festa Trademarks Registered In The U.S. Too | Siliconera

Last week, Siliconera reported Namco Bandai filed trademarks for The Idol Master and Shiny Festa in Europe. Namco Bandai also registered Shiny Festa and [email protected] (not "The Idol Master") trademarks in the United States.

While Namco Bandai Games America has not announced any plans to localize the idol training simulation, seeing these trademarks pop up is interesting. Since the Shiny Festa titles are rhythm games with the Idolmaster characters perhaps Namco Bandai feels these are easier to market than an idol training sim.

you can't stop the [email protected] fever

more music

An old-fashioned cowboy

I just saw those 2 videos and all I can say is damn it Namco hurry up and localize these games.

INTJ

i hope this allows the PS3 Versions to come over to the west.

because it's a really solid and well made simulator. Sorta like The Movies but with music and concerts.

i have a import copy but i can't read shit

An old-fashioned cowboy

Well I'm hoping they go the One Piece Pirate Warriors route and atleast release the game digitally that way there's no need to import it.