Assassin's Creed 3 Wii U and PS3 comparision

This is a discussion on Assassin's Creed 3 Wii U and PS3 comparision within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Assassin's Creed 3: PS3 vs. Wii U Comparison Video - YouTube Jeez....

Retired

Assassin's Creed 3 Wii U and PS3 comparision

Lord of all Goat-Men

So it would seem that it took Nintendo almost 6 years to the day to release a console on-par with the current generation

illegal in 9 countries

Welcome to 2006 Nintendo. Let's see how well you perform against the competition in a year from now.

Check Those Corners

Knew it.

Nintendo can not support 1080p & 720p, they need to admit the most they can do is 480i and all they know is last gen graphics.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeNasty View Post
    Knew it.

Nintendo can not support 1080p & 720p, they need to admit the most they can do is 480i and all they know is last gen graphics.
    1080p & 720p don't change the graphics to be a huge deal.
    Sucker Punch and Guerrilla Games
    Are awesome

Prayer Warrior

well i would certainly hope that a brand new console would be able to match or dare i even say surpass a 6 year old system. just wait till next year or even the year after that once the real next gen hits and the wii u will be obsolete along with the ps3 and 360

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    well i would certainly hope that a brand new console would be able to match or dare i even say surpass a 6 year old system. just wait till next year or even the year after that once the real next gen hits and the wii u will be obsolete along with the ps3 and 360
    As an optional extra, the ability to remote play a blockbuster console release purely on a handheld does give the Wii U version a slight edge over the competition. It's only unfortunate that the frame-rate doesn't quite hold as steady compared to the 360 rendition, being more in the ballpark of the PS3 when chasing down the city streets, and marginally lower during some cut-scenes. This makes it the weakest of the trio in the crucial performance stakes, though they all have issues in achieving a sustained 30FPS where it's needed.
    Wii U version of AC3 is the worst, unless anyone cares about playing it on a 6 inch display.

Not only does it have the lowest framerate, it does some weird depth-of-field effect to save CPU / GPU cycles, which makes it look worse than the other versions.

Angel of Death

PS3 version looks "darker" kind of. The skin tones seem more tan.

Rangers F.C

Looks exactly the same to me ? I was considering getting a Wii U for shits and giggles but I don't think I will , PC upgrade and decorating my new house is top of the list .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Deathless Destroyer

6 years to the day the PlayStation 3 was first released and the Wii U still can't match the performance of the PS3. This is noticeable on the left side of the image, where the jacket has more colour tone than the Wii U. A more noticeable difference while looking at the static images are that the left-hand side face looks more in-depth and realistic with more shadows than the right-side image, which looks more cartoonish.

Even on the right-hand side the difference is noticeable, where the PS3's jacket has more shadows compared to the Wii U's nintendo. The shirt stays basically the same for both platforms...at first sight. There is still a noticeable difference where the PS3's shirt looks more deeper with colour.

Overall the PlayStation 3 still tops the Nintendo Wii, though I still believe that the Wii U could be better, due to the limitations of performance on a handheld device compared to a computer or computer-like device.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Administrator

Sorry guys but are you serious?

Wii U is brand new so games probably don't utilize its full potential. If you look at a game from the launch of PS3 and compare it to what the PS3 can do now you will see a big improvement. I would expect the same to occur for the Wii U to a certain degree.

Also cross console games aren't made to utilize the full potential of the system they are on. They are usually developed on one platfrm and then ported so you won't see an improvement made to the Wii U since it is a waste of money for them to so that. You need to focus on the games made for one system only or by Nintendo.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Nintendo needs to stop making outdated childrens toys and just license and manufacture games for Microsoft and Sony consoles. It sucks that games like Mario and Zelda are tied to Nintendo's garbage system. Perhaps not Mario so much, but Zelda could be made into a glorious RPG if it were put onto the mass market as a PS3/Xbox title instead of remaining borderline cartoonish and a kids game able to be enjoyed by adults.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 8 - Gold

This is kind of a stupid video. I am not surprised that the "quality" of a recent system matches the "quality" of a recent system. Graphics isnt what made the wii (and possibly the wii U) junker than the ps3. Its the gameplay and controls. Lets see some gameplay footage of the wii U.

Really, what are we comparing? if its just the footage quality, why are we surprised they look the same.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Breakpoint View Post

Wii U is brand new so games probably don't utilize its full potential. If you look at a game from the launch of PS3 and compare it to what the PS3 can do now you will see a big improvement. I would expect the same to occur for the Wii U to a certain degree.

Also cross console games aren't made to utilize the full potential of the system they are on. They are usually developed on one platfrm and then ported so you won't see an improvement made to the Wii U since it is a waste of money for them to so that. You need to focus on the games made for one system only or by Nintendo.
    Stop joking around Brakepoint.

-i- love myself.

I truly agree with you on this.

This happens with every console.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    Nintendo needs to stop making outdated childrens toys and just license and manufacture games for Microsoft and Sony consoles. It sucks that games like Mario and Zelda are tied to Nintendo's garbage system. Perhaps not Mario so much, but Zelda could be made into a glorious RPG if it were put onto the mass market as a PS3/Xbox title instead of remaining borderline cartoonish and a kids game able to be enjoyed by adults.
    Nintendo is already making a profit on every Wii U system sold, it took Sony about 4-5 years to be able to accomplish that. Why would Nintendo stop? This is the reason Nintendo doesn't push a system with the latest technology.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Nintendo is already making a profit on every Wii U system sold, it took Sony about 4-5 years to be able to accomplish that. Why would Nintendo stop? This is the reason Nintendo doesn't push a system with the latest technology.
    I wasn't speaking from a business perspective. Thought that was clear enough to not have to note it. I'm speaking clearly as someone who would like to see a few of their exclusives freed because there are a couple (mainly Zelda installments) I would enjoy playing but would never buy a Wii just to play them. The Wii is geared too much towards children for my taste and I feel the Wii is a step back and the Wii U hasn't shown to be all that much more than the PS3 at this point.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE