Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

VGA 2012 Chat thread - Video Game Atrocities for 10 years running

This is a discussion on VGA 2012 Chat thread - Video Game Atrocities for 10 years running within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Undrey What did Nintendo show? they showed everything they wanted to show on nintendo direct on wednesday...

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Undrey View Post
    What did Nintendo show?
    they showed everything they wanted to show on nintendo direct on wednesday

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    they showed everything they wanted to show on nintendo direct on wednesday
    I meant on the VGAs.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    GOTY went to The Walking Dead.

Alright! One for the indie.
    Probably did it for the same reason they gave some comic award to the comic serialization instead of Blackest Night, which was to promote the show even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Undrey View Post
    What ?
    CoD's been around since the last generation, whereas Assassin's Creed's been around for 5 years, thus, they've milked AC much more than CoD in terms of time. Got it now?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Probably did it for the same reason they gave some comic award to the comic serialization instead of Blackest Night, which was to promote the show even more.
    Well it was a fan vote, so I am not entirely sure how that works. It could have gone to Journey also IMO, but either way - glad the indies are getting their just dues.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Retired

CoD's been around since the last generation, whereas Assassin's Creed's been around for 5 years, thus, they've milked AC much more than CoD in terms of time. Got it now?
    Ok .

PRO Member

Congrats to HL2 on game of the decade.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Wow, thanks for the link! I had no idea it was on.

God of War (2010/08/29) God of War II (2010/09/06) FIFA10 (2010/09/16) God of War III (2010/09/18) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2010/10/05) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2010/10/11) Assassin's Creed II (2011/07/11) Trine 2 (2013/05/27) The Walking Dead (2013/07/15)

Lord of all Goat-Men

CoD's been around since the last generation, whereas Assassin's Creed's been around for 5 years, thus, they've milked AC much more than CoD in terms of time.
    Um...nope. There have been 6 Call of duty games released during this current generation, compared to 5 Assassin's Creed. And yes, both franchise's first outings on current-gen technology were in 2007. In November.

The Call of Duty main franchise (I'm not counting portable titles) have been made available on more consoles ie. CoD4 Modern Warfare was ported to the Wii, whereas Assassin's Creed, until the Wii U, has remained on the big three (Xbox 360, PS3 and PC).

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Um...nope. There have been 6 Call of duty games released during this current generation, compared to 5 Assassin's Creed. And yes, both franchise's first outings on current-gen technology were in 2007. In November.

The Call of Duty main franchise (I'm not counting portable titles) have been made available on more consoles ie. CoD4 Modern Warfare was ported to the Wii, whereas Assassin's Creed, until the Wii U, has remained on the big three (Xbox 360, PS3 and PC).
    I meant in terms of time the franchcie has been around, Ass Creed has been milked more. I know there's been a lot of CoD spin-offs (then again, there've been a lot of Ass Creed spin-offs as well), but CoD wasn't milked from the beginning. On other side, there've been spin-offs and signs of milking since the original Ass Creed was released back in 2007. Thus, CoD isn't an outright rip-off in the same way Ass Creed is, even if they're similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Well it was a fan vote, so I am not entirely sure how that works. It could have gone to Journey also IMO, but either way - glad the indies are getting their just dues.
    Is it really a fan vote? I wasn't aware. But then again, I'm amazed there were more votes for something like The Walking Dead than for others, more popular games.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Is it really a fan vote? I wasn't aware. But then again, I'm amazed there were more votes for something like The Walking Dead than for others, more popular games.
    My coworkers have played it, and they normally only play stuff like CoD or AC3. If you go to tumblr or game specific forums - you'll see a lot of people have played The Walking Dead. It's a title that resonated with a lot of people, and it deserved the honor for being one of the best character driven games ever made.

People like to bash it and call it an interactive movie, but seriously - you going from place to place in any other game and killing all enemies, or fulfilling required set pieces/activities is the same thing. The game is about choices, and individuals who are against it, seem to have difficult time grasping that a characters words needing to be said in 6 seconds is as stressful as any fire fight, and actually holds greater weight than killing minion 1,018 in a game.

I am glad it won, and voted for it personally - and hopefully this is just the first of many accolades for the little title that could.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

PRO Member

I'm very happy The Walking Dead got GOTY, it proves you can make a better game with a very simple gameplay than being all about graphics and super movements and attacks (and DLCs).

Legendary...Nuff Said

Dark Souls II first impression: Fanboy out at another Souls game because they're my favorite.
    Dark Souls II second thoughts: Continue to fanboy out at another Souls game, even though I will be judged and hated for it by all of you.

The Phantom Pain first impression: Looks like a cool new IP, I'm interested (though the trailer seemed weird and corny at times).
    The Phantom pain second thoughts: Oh, it's a MGS game. Never played any of those and won't play this one. :/

The Last of Us first impression: Finally some fresh footage! New story background and a release date within the next few months!
    The Last of Us second thoughts: My most anticipated game of 2013. Really looking forward to this one.

That was pretty much all I cared about. Award shows + video games = Stupid IMO. I'm just in it for the announcements. Pretty annoyed that Infinite got pushed back again, but it gives me more time to complete the original BioShock in anticipation.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

PRO Member

Jack you have nothing to say about the Lords of Shadow 2...im still hype over the mega man music...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Looks like I'm going to have to give Walking Dead a go then... wasn't really interested in it, mainly because I attached it with the tv show (unfairly, I admit)... I'm still a little hesitant though, as I'm not a big fan of point-and-click adventures...

God of War (2010/08/29) God of War II (2010/09/06) FIFA10 (2010/09/16) God of War III (2010/09/18) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2010/10/05) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2010/10/11) Assassin's Creed II (2011/07/11) Trine 2 (2013/05/27) The Walking Dead (2013/07/15)

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Eckes13 View Post
    Jack you have nothing to say about the Lords of Shadow 2...im still hype over the mega man music...
    Considering that he's probably only played one Castlevania game on his whole life (the first Lords of Shadow), why would he have anything to say about it ?

Toggle Spoiler

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Eckes13 View Post
    Considering that he's probably only played one Castlevania game on his whole life (the first Lords of Shadow), why would he have anything to say about it ?
    What Nag said. Lords of Shadow is the only Castlevania I've ever delved into, and it was a good, but uninspired game. I don't have high expectations for the sequel, nor will I likely be purchasing it.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by brotherfranciz View Post
    Looks like I'm going to have to give Walking Dead a go then... wasn't really interested in it, mainly because I attached it with the tv show (unfairly, I admit)... I'm still a little hesitant though, as I'm not a big fan of point-and-click adventures...
    You should. It's good and I did the same thing. I absolutely hate the show and think it's extremely boring. The game is great though. Give it a shot!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

What were the 5 previous unannounced games?

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

#hashtag

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    it was a good, but uninspired game. I don't have high expectations for the sequel, nor will I likely be purchasing it.

I've played and beat almost every installment and my thoughts exactly

We need challenge and good level design Play 1,3,Super 4,Bloodlines.

If not make an explorable world with collectables,similar to the Symphony Structure.

And the only games that have mildly done that have been the Nintendo DS games which I've yet to play them all.

INTJ

just gunna say that journey shouldn't of won indie game category because indie games are independent of a publisher and thatgamecompany was funded by sony

it isn't a indie game.

Fez is a example of a indie game (and is probably the only "indie" game on the list) , funded by his own money and goverment grants. i hate fez but it's qualified as indie.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234