Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Phantom Pain = Metal Gear Solid

This is a discussion on Phantom Pain = Metal Gear Solid within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Well it does look awesome! so all we have to do is to play the waiting game now....

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well it does look awesome! so all we have to do is to play the waiting game now.

Sig by kid420247

PRO Member

Psycho Mantis? The Sorrow?

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Here's one of the (very few) links to the video. I am sure by tomorrow it will be up everywhere in much better quality.

The Phantom Pain - Trailer des VGA 2012 - Vidéo Jeu Vidéo Action / Aventure - wat.tv

Hopefully you can navigate the french well enough.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Fox
    Anatolia's Mercenary

Let's also not forget about this cryptic message from before -

It can be one of 2 things [Or maybe even both.]

1.) It's talking about "FOX": the military group that Big Boss was a part of, during Metal Gear Solid 3. The Big Boss & Major Zero dynamic or something.
    2.) A literal reference to 2 games being born from the FOX Engine - "Ground Zeroes" & "The Phantom Pain" (Or whatever this "other" game might be called.).

Hell, for all we know, this could actually be a new Snatcher or something. [Snatcher being set in the same "universe" as the Metal Gear Solid titles. A point a lot of people miss or don't realize.]

Why do I say that? The reference to it in Metal Gear Solid 4, Act 3. The Young Snake FaceCamo + the Eastern European disguise looked a LOT like Gillian Seed.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Here's one of the (very few) links to the video. I am sure by tomorrow it will be up everywhere in much better quality.

The Phantom Pain - Trailer des VGA 2012 - Vidéo Jeu Vidéo Action / Aventure - wat.tv

Hopefully you can navigate the french well enough.
    Thanks for the link. There was definitely a lot of very symbolic shit going on right there . The giant flaming whale being the most amusing of them all.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Not one single person in the whole world was expecting this... from the bottom of my heart thank you Kojima for making life better

INTJ

and the dot has been connected

Les Enfants Terribles (event) - The Metal Gear Wiki - Metal Gear Solid Rising, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, Metal Gear Solid 4, and more

After Big Boss became exposed to nuclear radiation at Bikini Atoll, he was discovered to be infertile. Not wanting to let the genetic legacy of the greatest soldier to have ever lived simply die out, as well as not wanting to lose the Patriots' icon, Zero hatched a plan to create clones of Big Boss. This became known as the Les Enfants Terribles project.
    In 1972, when Big Boss returned from a mission in a coma, Zero used this opportunity to extract DNA from him.

so we have a setting. The trailer takes place Pre-Peace walker.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    and the dot has been connected

Les Enfants Terribles (event) - The Metal Gear Wiki - Metal Gear Solid Rising, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, Metal Gear Solid 4, and more

so we have a setting. The trailer takes place Pre-Peace walker.
    Fuck, didn't remember that at all. But that does seem likely.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

this is awesome

Lvl 2 - Bronze

i totally lost it at the name part ... nice theory lol ~

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Before you think "hey look thats a cool new ip", The whole trailer and company stinks of metal gear solid.

clue #1

Lets look at this studio. They came out of fucking nowhere. They have no publisher attached to this game. How the living hell does a Indie game company Get the funding to promote their game at the VGA?

Moby Dick Studio

Moby Dick studios is a swedish company founded by CEO Joakim Mogren.

Seems like a real person right?

Lets Rearrange the first name abit and...

hey look, it spells Kojima!

Mogren is a football club in Montenegro. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance opens in Montenegro.

Clue #2:

There was a guy, on fire in the trailer.

http://www.abload.de/img/666666666l1dlc.png

Doesn't he look familiar?

No?

Let me juice your memories.

http://t5ak.roblox.com/9d5f75d51cb5a83be7526721eda5a5c7

Mother fucking Volgin.

Clue #3:

http://i.imgur.com/2lit3.jpg

Hey look at that guy on the ground with a beard.

nothing out of the ordinary here.

Except it looks exactly Like the Fox Engine snake's Face model.

http://i.imgur.com/sRjPY.jpg

Kojima Mindfucked you all, and you didn't even know it.
    it was obvoius really, it doesnt take a genius

Retired

It would be hilarious if you all were wrong and this is in fact a new IP.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

well i'm surprised no one else has brought it up, but that little kid who popped up twice could very well be psycho mantis! seeing how he was born sometime in the 1970's, and ground zero if i recall takes place around the 80's, would make him about 8 or 10 here. he also happens to be someone who has a history (if you played MGS: twin snakes) of making fiery hallucinations to fuck with people. coincidence?

Sin is in 10

I called this in the CB as it was shown live. All signs point to it being a MGS installment. Plus the guy in the trailer with his burned face wraped up, he didn't die, did he? The main character in the trailer left him behind I think? If so, what if he is the fucked up face guy from the Ground Zeroes trailer out for revenge for getting left behind?

On the contrary, Phantom Pain refers to a pain you feel in a limb that you no longer have i.e. having an amputated arm and feeling a pain in it months or years down the line. So it could just be a new ip and be all about the guy finding his arm. I mean, people DO grow beards and long hair in comas, some are bound to look like Big Boss I suppose.

Sig and Avatar by SideEffect

Lvl 8 - Gold

It does have a MGS feel to it but it's really strange. Big Boss was in a coma when they cloned him but that was before Peace Walker. It doesn't feel right making a game before PW when they have a hole to fill leading up to MG. Then again, they're probably saving that for MGS5.

Although Big Boss was in a coma it was never mentioned he lost his arm. He sure looks fine in Peace Walker. He was only "rebuilt" at the end of MGS4.

If This is MGS the old man could be Dr Madnar. He is an expert in robotics so he could've made that arm. But once again, it feels really strange. While the guy does have long brown hair like Big Boss the whole unicorn and whale things are REALLY strange. We'll just have to wait and see.

EDIT: So I just watched the trailer a few times and I've been reading some discussions about this. What we've seen could very well be a halucination.
    Last edited by Silent Assassin; 12-08-2012 at 09:39 AM.

PRO Member

This photo was taken at a Konami after party in the VIP section. The man on the right is Kyle Cooper, who did the title sequences of MGS2 and MGS3

Thanks Gematsu Is The Phantom Pain a new Metal Gear Solid? [Update] - Gematsu

PRO Member

PRO Member

I'm on the fence with this one...yes it has some famillar settings and likeness to a MGS game but I don't know I'm not sold yet maybe the next trailer or even better screen shots might reveal more to see what exactly this is..but for now I'm just gonna sit back and wait.

Kid, not loser

I'm hoping this is actually a remake of Metal Gear, so we know more of what happens at Zanzibar.

Here is one of the doctors from MG2 Kio Marv, and possibly in the PP trailer.

Toggle Spoiler

Kio Marv - The Metal Gear Wiki - Metal Gear Solid Rising, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, Metal Gear Solid 4, and more
    Is Phantom Pain Actually Metal Gear Solid V? All Evidence Examined - NowGamer

Of course some o fthe background story would have to be different for him to fit here. But if it is a remake, I'm sure Kojima would have changed a lot to make it new now.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    I'm hoping this is actually a remake of Metal Gear, so we know more of what happens at Zanzibar.Of course some o fthe background story would have to be different for him to fit here. But if it is a remake, I'm sure Kojima would have changed a lot to make it new now.
    IF that is Big Boss and if he is indeed in a coma, then that can't be a remake of Metal Gear/Metal gear 2. As far as we know Big Boss was in a coma once, during early 70s when LET project took place. That was before Peace Walker.

And it doesn't make sense for that to me Marv. As far as I remember he came up with a solution to the world's oil crysis, he had nothing to do with medicine. It could be Drago Pettrovich Madnar, a character Snake rescued in MG who later defected to Big Boss' side during MG2. And according to MGS4 he's an expert in robotics so he might've operated on Big Boss.

Another thing. I don't think this is MGS "V". MGS games never used roman numerals so the V could stand for Vita. Also, since Big Boss is in a coma this takes place before Peace Walker and therefore before Ground Zeroes and Kojima said GZ is a prequel to MGS5.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast