Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Phantom Pain = Metal Gear Solid

This is a discussion on Phantom Pain = Metal Gear Solid within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I think thats Liquid Snake, he did get his arm cut off, and there was a British flag in the ...

The Deathly Rhythm

I think thats Liquid Snake, he did get his arm cut off, and there was a British flag in the hospital..and he is British so thats what I think
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

PRO Member

Liquid is missing is right arm, and in the trailer the character is missing his left arm

Breakfast and Chill

This is too much for me

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Kojima Productions boss Hideo Kojima has confirmed development on Metal Gear Solid 5 to the twentieth issue (June / July) of the French IG Magazine.

“There will be a Metal Gear Solid 5 with the new FOX Engine,” confirmed Kojima (via Google Translate), “but what we’ve shown was not gameplay, or anything like that. It was only a demo that we had developed internally and released because the lighting and interactions with the environment had fooled everyone.”

Kojima continued: “About Metal Gear Solid 5, I can tell you two things. There will be much question of infiltration, espionage, and convincing people to give you “a favor” like in the last Metal Gear Solid. I liked the idea of ****************social interactions in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but we will see. And if I say more, the female ninja public relations officer, who is behind the door, I will be carved up into pieces. So it’s better that we meet again when the time comes to talk about Metal Gear Solid 5.”

Kojima also touched upon Metal Gear Rising, reiterating that it is not a Solid Snake title, but rather an offshoot that does something new.

“Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance never claimed to be a Metal Gear Solid. This is not a game about our beloved Solid Snake. It is a spinoff that tries something different. We have not yet finished with Solid Snake, despite the fact that I wanted to let him die at the end of Guns of the Patriots.”
    Kojima confirms Metal Gear Solid 5 - Gematsu - Source
    so what you guys think now?
    Last edited by crazygrimmjow; 12-10-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Fix

Sig by kid420247

PRO Member

That interview is actually from before Ground Zeroes was announced and shown, Kojima has already confirmed Ground Zeroes is a game and the prequel to MGS5

PRO Member

HD Video and New Pictures!

Check out more pictures and the HD video here Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain : Vidéo HD et images inédites

My Own Worst Enemy

Looks like this cats missing his right eye too. That would be Big Boss right?

(Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

honestly this whole thing has got me SUPER excited for whats to come

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Self_Saboteur- View Post
    Looks like this cats missing his right eye too. That would be Big Boss right?
    Big Boss, yes. But Big Boss never had a prosthetic hand, as far as we know. According to the MGS database he did lose both of his arms after he was beaten by Snake in Metal Gear but was "repaired" in the Snatcher project. That wasn't mentioned anywhere in the games nor that he had a prosthetic for a hand.

PRO Member

I just love how kojima does this. No other game developer in the world would ever try something like this and it is awesome to speculate about the single greatest game series of all time Obviously that is Big Boss. I don;t care if it never showed him not having an arm in MGS4. He was wearing a giant jacket with gloves. This could very well be after the events of the first Metal Gear.

This cannot be Snake, so don't be looking for the continuation to his story anytime soon. Snake's hair was way more grey than this character.

Sig by Bladia

Kid, not loser

David Hayter made a comment on twitter
    “@aganej2: @DavidBHayter so what was your take on The Phantom Pain trailer?” It made my arm hurt.
    David Hayter comments on

So he must be the voice actor still, no doubt about it.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    David Hayter made a comment on twitter

David Hayter comments on

So he must be the voice actor still, no doubt about it.
    hahaha. wow.

But yeah, trailer has me excited and assuming some dream/nightmare thing going on. Definitely calling MGS5 on this as well but we shall see in time . Epic stuff though and whatever it is.. I wanna play it.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    I just love how kojima does this. No other game developer in the world would ever try something like this and it is awesome to speculate about the single greatest game series of all time Obviously that is Big Boss. I don;t care if it never showed him not having an arm in MGS4. He was wearing a giant jacket with gloves. This could very well be after the events of the first Metal Gear.

This cannot be Snake, so don't be looking for the continuation to his story anytime soon. Snake's hair was way more grey than this character.
    Eh, no. This can't be Big Boss post-Metal Gear 2. He'd need prosthetics pretty much everywhere, not only on his left arm. Remember how he supposedly died in Metal Gear 2?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

Moby Dick Studio

DISCLAIMER] Moby Dick Studio and our representatives do not currently operate through any social medias such as Facebook or Twitter, except for YOUTUBE.

so now we got a official youtube channel.

the trailer they uploaded is somewhat diffrent from the VGA one, i hear a few sound effects that wern't in the tv version.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Eh, no. This can't be Big Boss post-Metal Gear 2. He'd need prosthetics pretty much everywhere, not only on his left arm. Remember how he supposedly died in Metal Gear 2?
    Oh yeah, i didn't think about that. Okay so after watching the trailer I have a new theory. In the Ground Zeroes trailer it had the tagline "From FOX two phantoms were born." Now the definition of phantom actually means a specter. Which makes since for Big Boss seeing that he is all about stealth. He spectates the area before making an attack. So maybe the tagline from the Ground Zeroes trailer actually means that two Big Boss's were born. Not literally of course. But maybe being with FOX did something to Big Boss. It made him an excellent warrior, but at the same time did something to his mental state and created a somewhat alternate personality or something. Could this trailer just be like some weird vision that Big Boss is having? That could explain what caused him to go all antagonist like. Maybe Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain(Metal Gear Solid V) are one in the same. Anyone have any feedback on my idea??

I have no idea what that lady at the end means by "The has come to." I don't know if I am hearing it right, but that is what I am getting. I can't pick out a character to fit that voice. Dr. Strangelove and Naomi come to mind, but that wouldn't make sense for them to be in that period. Also early on in the trailer you see Big Boss in the car accident with the hook on his hand with the guy that he met in the hospital. So that scene is after all that crazy shit goes down.

Sig by Bladia

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Perhaps this is just Ground Zeroes, anyone stop to think of that? (despite the sneaky snake business).

Signature by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    Perhaps this is just Ground Zeroes, anyone stop to think of that? (despite the sneaky snake business).
    I agree if this is MGS then it has to be Ground Zeros it's just to similar not to be.

INTJ

4chan's /v/ is trying to do a hostile takeover of Kojima's ARG by posting fake info and making fake sites/social network shit to put out info all over the place. it's hilarious shit.

just a fyi.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    I agree if this is MGS then it has to be Ground Zeros it's just to similar not to be.
    It using the same engine doesn't mean much, you know? It might look similar, but that's something entirely different from it being the same game.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

The soldiers seems to be the same soldiers in both trailers

This is from The Phantom Pain

This is from Ground Zeroes

A closer look

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast