Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Phantom Pain = Metal Gear Solid

This is a discussion on Phantom Pain = Metal Gear Solid within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Before you think "hey look thats a cool new ip", The whole trailer and company stinks of metal gear solid. ...

INTJ

Phantom Pain = Metal Gear Solid

Before you think "hey look thats a cool new ip", The whole trailer and company stinks of metal gear solid.

clue #1

Lets look at this studio. They came out of fucking nowhere. They have no publisher attached to this game. How the living hell does a Indie game company Get the funding to promote their game at the VGA?

http://www.mobydickstudio.se/en

Moby Dick studios is a swedish company founded by CEO Joakim Mogren.

Seems like a real person right?

Lets Rearrange the first name abit and...

hey look, it spells Kojima!

Mogren is a football club in Montenegro. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance opens in Montenegro.

Clue #2:

There was a guy, on fire in the trailer.

http://www.abload.de/img/666666666l1dlc.png

Doesn't he look familiar?

No?

Let me juice your memories.

http://t5ak.roblox.com/9d5f75d51cb5a83be7526721eda5a5c7

Mother fucking Volgin.

Clue #3:

http://i.imgur.com/2lit3.jpg

Hey look at that guy on the ground with a beard.

nothing out of the ordinary here.

Except it looks exactly Like the Fox Engine snake's Face model.

http://i.imgur.com/sRjPY.jpg

Kojima Mindfucked you all, and you didn't even know it.

Banned

I knew it lololol, I said so in the VGA thread

Clue #4:
    Mogren has a nice big juicy 'ogre' in the middle.

INTJ

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Another comparison is the white petals that "Snake" reaches up for in the hospital room. The same petals from the end of MGS3.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Indie Game Developer

Duuudddeeee holy shit that was some ridiculous mind trickery. Good job kojima, that gave last year's "Last of Us" mystery a run for it's money.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Fox
    Anatolia's Mercenary

One thing.

"Snake" is kind of missing something.

Like his ARM.

Last I checked, Big Boss never had a prosthetic hook for a hand. So, if it IS Metal Gear - what the bloody hell are they doing there? Why is Big Boss missing his arm?

Yes, it DOES look a hell of a lot like Fox Engine Big Boss - and it very well could be Ground Zeroes - but that's a pretty big wrench that's thrown into that theory that people seem to be overlooking.

Either it's some weird nightmare scenario like what happens in Metal Gear Solid 3, in the prison cell - or it's actually the real "Project OGRE", and the actual "mindfuck" is that they used these Metal Gear characters to throw us off.

Don't forget - Kojima is the type that LOVES to make you think one thing, and then completely flip the script on you later - Remember Metal Gear Solid 2? For the longest, people thought it was just going to be Snake as the main character.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It was obvious.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Then in all honesty it may be Liquid. O_O Since he's missing an arm. DUN DUN DUN.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Doom View Post
    Then in all honesty it may be Liquid. O_O Since he's missing an arm. DUN DUN DUN.
    Shit, that never once came to my mind, not even after I noticed the hook. And this being Kojima, it might as well happen. I mean, fucking Solidus wasn't dead, and neither was Big Boss .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Only thing I have to say is, What The Fuck?

It does looks like Fox Engine and MGS but seriously what the fuck was that?

Kid, not loser

Yeah it seems to be MGSV. I guess this is just the beginning of the game though.

Also, this seems too soon. Yeah I know it's not confirmation, and we may not hear anything else about it in awhile, but to have announced 3 MGS's before any of them have released, and to have this teased right before Ground Zeroes sounds like a bad idea written all over it.

And the whole arm thing doesn't necessarily rule out that it's not Snake. If this is MGS5 then anything could have happened. Also in the beginning he was in a car crash probably linking to the arm gone.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

#hashtag

Yeah but the dude in the trailer is missing his left arm Liquid lost his right arm....

My opinion is more or so the same as fox it could just be a sequence of the game if it really IS an MGS game and Kojima trolling and if it isn't it sure is the most interesting reveal in all of the VGAs

PRO Member

oh my fucking god I'm starting to belive this

fuck is this is true this is HUGE

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Who knows, there could be another clone in the mix or a twin, or an alien shapeshifter. Logic and Metal Gear Solid don't exactly go hand-in-hand, and I think that the possibilities of what were going on are endless.

I mean, a giant flaming whale ate a helicopter and a winged flaming unicorn were in the video as well, and the possibilities of where those fit into this giant puzzle are limitless.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon3110 View Post
    Yeah but the dude in the trailer is missing his left arm Liquid lost his right arm....

My opinion is more or so the same as fox it could just be a sequence of the game if it really IS an MGS game and Kojima trolling and if it isn't it sure is the most interesting reveal in all of the VGAs
    Or it could be one of the un-named clones. Three are only known, right? What if we're looking at the first?
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn

PRO Member

I'm about to cry in happiness I really am

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    One thing.

"Snake" is kind of missing something.

HIS ARM.
    Simple.

Snake is now a pirate

https://twitter.com/alexrubens/statu...79035426484224

https://twitter.com/Ken1555/status/277261709058662401

Lvl 7 - Gold

Well maybe the whale and unicorn are byproducts of the drugs that were administered? Or this un-named dude is a junkie.

Sig made by Auburn

INTJ

Well maybe the whale and unicorn are byproducts of the drugs that were administered?
    ment to throw people off

also kojima loves that imagery shit so it's probably related to something they don't want to show yet.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    Yeah it seems to be MGSV. I guess this is just the beginning of the game though.

Also, this seems too soon. Yeah I know it's not confirmation, and we may not hear anything else about it in awhile, but to have announced 3 MGS's before any of them have released, and to have this teased right before Ground Zeroes sounds like a bad idea written all over it.

And the whole arm thing doesn't necessarily rule out that it's not Snake. If this is MGS5 then anything could have happened. Also in the beginning he was in a car crash probably linking to the arm gone.
    Three MGS? Ground Zeroes, this and what else? Revengeance has been known for years, so you can't really mean that, do you?

It rules out the man that resembles the pics, and that is Big Boss. Specially because, if I recall correctly, the body of whats left from Solidus that they used as replace parts for him was not missing it's left arm, meaning that he couldn't have lost it. It's even more ridiculouos that it is him when you consider that he has both arms in Metal gear AND Metal Gear 2, which happen after this and before 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Who knows, there could be another clone in the mix or a twin, or an alien shapeshifter. Logic and Metal Gear Solid don't exactly go hand-in-hand, and I think that the possibilities of what were going on are endless.

I mean, a giant flaming whale ate a helicopter and a winged flaming unicorn were in the video as well, and the possibilities of where those fit into this giant puzzle are limitless.
    I didn't watch the trailer, so I wasn't aware of those two animals being there at all, so I'm supporting Fox's idea now about it being a dream/nightmare sequence.

Then again, this is Kojima we're talking about, and being criptic as hell is what he does best. Time to play teh waiting game.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast