New ps3 model

This is a discussion on New ps3 model within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I know we threads back when the new model was announced. So I want to know if any of the ...

PRO Member

New ps3 model

I know we threads back when the new model was announced. So I want to know if any of the members of this site has bought one and what are your thoughts on it so far? I am thinking of getting one in the beginning of next year and am just wondering.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

PRO Member

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

PRO Member

Looks pretty slick. I guess it would play just as well as the slim. It's almost like the Fatboy meets the slim.

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

PRO Member

It looks good, but the sliding door for the disc drive looks flimsy to me. Also, looks like it would be a dust collector. I might be wrong as I don't own one. I've only seen unboxing videos on the web.
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

-i- love myself.

I got the new PS3 model a couple weeks ago and it's pretty cool. It's so light compared to the previous models and the new design is pretty neat. I like it, compared to my old fat PS3 this one is like carrying a feather. The sliding disc thing can get pretty annoying sometimes but overall great model.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i own one of these. the only really useful addition is the disk drive. although it may collect may dust because of the design, i like being able to change games without the system being on. it also seems to load disks faster.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I got a new one was 280$ at beginning of the week i like the fact its so quite compared to my old fatboy, i going to be putting my 500 gb in soon..

Lord of all Goat-Men

I own the previous Slim (120gb), but my brother just bought one of the new super-slims which I have had set up next to mine, side-by-side, for the past few weeks.
    It's noticeably slimmer and lighter, but at a cost. The sliding disc-cover feels flimsy and can be difficult to use if you stand your console vertically and in a confined space, such as next to your television in a cabinet. It also feels cheap.
    Disc read and seek times seem to have been improved, so too game performance. The improvement is minimal (a game may load in 10 seconds, instead of 11), but worth nothing.

The downside is that it is a little louder than its older brother.

If noise doesn't bother you, however, the new slim is a solid purchase. The price has been dropped by a fair margin (in the US, not in Aus), which justifies its late arrival. If your PS3 is still in working order, though, I'd keep it and wait for the PS Orbis.

Legalize it...

Idk if youve seen this. But its a pretty decent review...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Looks dank, I was thinking of changing mine (120GB) for this one but I said f*ck it, I'm not gonna be spending money on a new PS3 unless mine stops working.
    Surgeon Of Death

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Adell View Post
    Looks dank, I was thinking of changing mine (120GB) for this one but I said f*ck it, I'm not gonna be spending money on a new PS3 unless mine stops working.
    I Really wish that sony would consider upgrades that consumers want with their PS3`s....Big whoop, its a little slimmer.

When are my 4 USB ports coming back?
    As soon as sony releases a new 4port usb PS3 I will buy it.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    I got the new PS3 model a couple weeks ago and it's pretty cool. It's so light compared to the previous models and the new design is pretty neat. I like it, compared to my old fat PS3 this one is like carrying a feather. The sliding disc thing can get pretty annoying sometimes but overall great model.
    Thanks for your insight.

Quote Originally Posted by XxSTMELVINxX View Post
    i own one of these. the only really useful addition is the disk drive. although it may collect may dust because of the design, i like being able to change games without the system being on. it also seems to load disks faster.
    Thats the main reason I want one is because of the 500GB hard drive.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3GAMERMAN View Post
    I got a new one was 280$ at beginning of the week i like the fact its so quite compared to my old fatboy, i going to be putting my 500 gb in soon..
    Thanks, I have a slim and never hear it so I'm not sure it can get quiter.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I own the previous Slim (120gb), but my brother just bought one of the new super-slims which I have had set up next to mine, side-by-side, for the past few weeks.
    It's noticeably slimmer and lighter, but at a cost. The sliding disc-cover feels flimsy and can be difficult to use if you stand your console vertically and in a confined space, such as next to your television in a cabinet. It also feels cheap.
    Disc read and seek times seem to have been improved, so too game performance. The improvement is minimal (a game may load in 10 seconds, instead of 11), but worth nothing.

The downside is that it is a little louder than its older brother.

If noise doesn't bother you, however, the new slim is a solid purchase. The price has been dropped by a fair margin (in the US, not in Aus), which justifies its late arrival. If your PS3 is still in working order, though, I'd keep it and wait for the PS Orbis.
    It won't be vertical but thanks for the input. My slim is still in great working condition. It's going on 3 years and I have played the crap out of it but it is only 120 gb and I plan on keeping it. I was already thinking of getting a second ps3 before this model was anounced and the 500 gb is what sold me. design really isn't a concern for me.

PRO Member

I have the 500gb model, yes it is a dust collector! But Defo loads a bit quicker, still not sold on the new sliding door though !!

Angel of Death

I have one, and I like it way better than the previous two models. It's a bit more loud, but nothing noticeable, and nothing can get stick in the disc tray. It's lighter, smaller, more portable, and has a bigger storage capacity. Plus it comes only in bundles, so you get games with it too.

Rangers F.C

I honestly think I would give this model a miss even if my Slim broke , I like the front loading disk and it would be a pain to use the top loader on the new model because of where my PS3 is located
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i got one, i like it a lot, especially since it has 500 gb

PRO Member

Update. I eneded up getting one. I didn't get the 500gb like I originally wanted but did get the 250gb which is still more then what I had. I got the 250gb because amazon had a bundle with it. It included the R&C collection and Ps All Stars. I like it a lot and also have noticed that it don't get real hot after a long gaming session.