Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Next Assassin's Creed Game may be set in Brazil

This is a discussion on Next Assassin's Creed Game may be set in Brazil within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Mexico That'll be quite interesting....

ISTJ

Mexico That'll be quite interesting.

Thanks to LuckayCanadianShulckayMooseackey for this Signature and Avatar. Thanks to RaveNScythE18 & Smashguy for the PPS userbar.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I don't play AC for the game mechanics any more. It's a lot of the same thing through each release, much like a Call of Duty MW or the major sports franchises (Madden, NBA 2K, FIFA, etc.). There are small tweaks and new features, sure, but overall it's just like a huge DLC piece to the previous version, right? I play it for the storyline. As long as they keep the storylines good, I'm happy to see an annual release. When they start spitting out garbage just to get a title out, then I'll complain.

I was hoping they'd stay in an America setting to build off of AC3 and have it set during the Civil War. Oh the possibilities during that time period. Assassin's running the Underground Railroad (Harriet Tubman an Assassin agent?), Jefferson Davis the Grand Master of the Templars, the introduction of the gatling gun (an Assassin invention) and the submarine (a Templar war machine), and a big buildup to the ending with Abraham Lincoln gunned down by John Wilkes Booth, a Templar agent.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I want to see how this is going to develop, probably free running throw the favelas or or climbing trees in Amazon Rain forest, I want to see how they explore the history and period like Trains pointed out, if it's around that time naval gameplay will continue to be a very important part of AC wich is freakin' awesome.
    In another point, I'm afraid that AC is going to outrun themselves in trying to release a game yearly and maybe not exploring all the possibilities, also they better not launch the next AC with so many bugs/glitches like AC III.
    Awesome Sig By Apokolypz

Kid, not loser

Weren't they saying the fans had horrible taste on what they want the next setting to be, like in India and Egypt, then they want to go to Brazil!?! Seriously devs can be dumb sometimes.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

> Restart Button <

Well everyone keeps asking them to do WWI & II and they have said multiple times that they will never do those. I'm a longtime AC fan and I'm gonna say it. AC is dead. Its cool, I'll still play whatever game they release eventually but its just never going to be magical like it used to be.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by themute88orl View Post
    Well everyone keeps asking them to do WWI & II and they have said multiple times that they will never do those. I'm a longtime AC fan and I'm gonna say it. AC is dead. Its cool, I'll still play whatever game they release eventually but its just never going to be magical like it used to be.
    That's the truth about it, they have exhausted and squeezed the series, if they had taken it slower and less greedy it would have work. To AC get back it's magic they will have to re-invent the franchise in it's hole and core but that can also f$%& up so they are in a bad situation in my opinion.
    Awesome Sig By Apokolypz

> Restart Button <

Quote Originally Posted by NFPM View Post
    That's the truth about it, they have exhausted and squeezed the series, if they had taken it slower and less greedy it would have work. To AC get back it's magic they will have to re-invent the franchise in it's hole and core but that can also f$%& up so they are in a bad situation in my opinion.
    Well said and considering my experience with Ubi before, they won't be able to make it special again. THey were too hasty with ACB & ACR coming so quickly. I have also seen that they are going to refrain from having annual releases ater AC3 but I'll believe when I don't hear about AC in March.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Let Me Watch

I was hoping the next AC game would be set in Japan
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

"Got more soul than a sock with a hole"

Lvl 8 - Gold

After AC3 I'm not that interested in Assassin's Creed games anymore. I was disappointed by the story and I won't be pre-ordering the next game. The story went down the crapper with AC3.

Lvl 4 - Silver

It would be great, but it will not be set in Brazil

It will be set in the fucking Rio de Janeiro!!!!! By God how I hate that fucking stupid city!
    "Roach? Ghost? Come in Ghost. Do you Copy?! Does ANYONE copy?!

Rangers F.C

I hope not its a shit location it totally ruined Max Payne 3 for me .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I hope not its a shit location it totally ruined Max Payne 3 for me .
    Colonial Brazil and modern Brazil are nothing alike, and Max Payne 3 was just a rubbish game to begin with lol, I wonder how many people it gave headaches or even seizures with it's 'unique' form of storytelling, the game was basically shutting a gerbil in a cardboard box and every few minutes pouring in a few hamsters, giving the gerbil a thumbs up and shutting the box again.
    If Assassin's Creed were to head to Colonial Brazil there would be tropical rainforests, lizards, crocodiles, frogs, anteaters, toucans, otter's, electric eels etc. all scattered throughout the fungi covered swamps for you to hunt, and there wouldn't be ghetto's either.

It's pretty obvious that Ubisoft is working on AC4 alongside this game, but that will be for next gen consoles and feature a new Assassin in a new time period.
    They no doubt want to take full advantage of the naval gameplay before moving onto a new Assassin who might have air-force missions instead!!! lolol
    This should be the last Assassin's Creed this gen and should also end Connors story, as for the modern day part, I don't think they will ever end it, without it Assassin's Creed can't exist, it's just a chore to develop and I bet Ubisoft regret bothering with it now looool

Let Me Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    Colonial Brazil and modern Brazil are nothing alike, and Max Payne 3 was just a rubbish game to begin with lol, I wonder how many people it gave headaches or even seizures with it's 'unique' form of storytelling, the game was basically shutting a gerbil in a cardboard box and every few minutes pouring in a few hamsters, giving the gerbil a thumbs up and shutting the box again.
    If Assassin's Creed were to head to Colonial Brazil there would be tropical rainforests, lizards, crocodiles, frogs, anteaters, toucans, otter's, electric eels etc. all scattered throughout the fungi covered swamps for you to hunt, and there wouldn't be ghetto's either.

It's pretty obvious that Ubisoft is working on AC4 alongside this game, but that will be for next gen consoles and feature a new Assassin in a new time period.
    They no doubt want to take full advantage of the naval gameplay before moving onto a new Assassin who might have air-force missions instead!!! lolol
    This should be the last Assassin's Creed this gen and should also end Connors story, as for the modern day part, I don't think they will ever end it, without it Assassin's Creed can't exist, it's just a chore to develop and I bet Ubisoft regret bothering with it now looool
    Spot-on gerbil metaphor.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Maybe I am just ignorant to post-Mayan South American history
    I think you're actually ignorant to geography, not history >__>. The Mayan culture never got past Central America. Hell, it didn't even get past mid-Central America. South America had different cultures, the most prominent being the Inca Empire, which wasn't even near modern-day Brazil.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by themute88orl View Post
    I agree, the two World Wars would be horrible settings for an AC game. Any and all similarities to the previous games would be chucked out of the window if that were to happen.

As regards the series losing its magic - that's happened because we've had 4 AC games in the last 3 years; it's too much too quickly. If Ubisoft decide to slow down and release no more games before AC4, which should be out in late 2014 at the earliest, then maybe they can recapture some of the magic that ACII gave us. I'd be fine with episodic DLC or something for AC3 in the meantime, but please Ubisoft - no more full AC games for at least 2 years.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I think you're actually ignorant to geography, not history >__>. The Mayan culture never got past Central America. Hell, it didn't even get past mid-Central America. South America had different cultures, the most prominent being the Inca Empire, which wasn't even near modern-day Brazil.
    Touche. Never said geography or world history was my strong point. I also often make the mistake of confusing Central and South America and getting my Aztecs, Incan, and Mayans mixed up (they teach us here about them in the third grade, and then move onto state history, then ancient civilazations of Eurasia, and by the time high school rolls around, heavy emphasis on American history. I don't think a far east Asian country gets covered once in the curriculum)

I'll admit I am about as ignorant as it comes to South American history, but at the same time - I asked my friend who is his last year of being a student teacher to be world history teacher, what Brazil's place was in the global history and he couldn't recall anything major enough off the top of his head either, and he basically studies history books in his free time as a hobby.

It could be good, since it leaves a lot of fiction to be added in past events in a way that hasn't been tapped into yet, but at the same time I just don't see the appeal or where major historical figures are going to be mixed in a way that captivates someone like a Leonardo DaVinci or George Washington would have.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Let Me Watch

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    I agree, the two World Wars would be horrible settings for an AC game. Any and all similarities to the previous games would be chucked out of the window if that were to happen.

As regards the series losing its magic - that's happened because we've had 4 AC games in the last 3 years; it's too much too quickly. If Ubisoft decide to slow down and release no more games before AC4, which should be out in late 2014 at the earliest, then maybe they can recapture some of the magic that ACII gave us. I'd be fine with episodic DLC or something for AC3 in the meantime, but please Ubisoft - no more full AC games for at least 2 years.
    I'd rather have an AC game in the cavemen era than have one in WWI/II or any other time period with automatic fire weapons

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Touche. Never said geography or world history was my strong point. I also often make the mistake of confusing Central and South America and getting my Aztecs, Incan, and Mayans mixed up (they teach us here about them in the third grade, and then move onto state history, then ancient civilazations of Eurasia, and by the time high school rolls around, heavy emphasis on American history. I don't think a far east Asian country gets covered once in the curriculum)

I'll admit I am about as ignorant as it comes to South American history, but at the same time - I asked my friend who is his last year of being a student teacher to be world history teacher, what Brazil's place was in the global history and he couldn't recall anything major enough off the top of his head either, and he basically studies history books in his free time as a hobby.

It could be good, since it leaves a lot of fiction to be added in past events in a way that hasn't been tapped into yet, but at the same time I just don't see the appeal or where major historical figures are going to be mixed in a way that captivates someone like a Leonardo DaVinci or George Washington would have.
    Yeah, I'm sure you're not alone in that department. I for one can't mix those cultures up (including many others) because when I moved to Mexico I didn't stop by all those museums just to not learn aynthing, but that's just me .

I whole heartedly agree that Brazil shouldn't be used as a location due to lack of world importance (which is something that should be pivotal for the Ass Creed franchice), and I also agree with many others that there are other locations that would've surley been much more interesting. In the end though, the location will probably work for whatever it is that Ubisoft is trying to do, but we'll have to see.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

As much as I love AC, it's time to take a break. And i sure hope that AC4 doesn't use Connor as a protagonist. He was so underdeveloped, and ... boring. In my opinion the story has taken a turn for the worse. It went to something that would shock when played it to a point where saying that it is predictable is a stretch. Before they even think about tweaking the gameplay, they need to get the stirringtelling back to where it was. Also, I'm not too familiar with Brazilian history, and there are so few worldwide historical people and events that would appeal to many people outside of that region. I still want a Russian Revolution game, but it looks as that's not going to happen (besides, there is already comics about it). At least in my eyes the RR is as far forward as they should go in history.

Let Me Watch

Quote Originally Posted by DIAMANTEAQUOS View Post
    As much as I love AC, it's time to take a break. And i sure hope that AC4 doesn't use Connor as a protagonist. He was so underdeveloped, and ... boring. In my opinion the story has taken a turn for the worse. It went to something that would shock when played it to a point where saying that it is predictable is a stretch. Before they even think about tweaking the gameplay, they need to get the stirringtelling back to where it was. Also, I'm not too familiar with Brazilian history, and there are so few worldwide historical people and events that would appeal to many people outside of that region. I still want a Russian Revolution game, but it looks as that's not going to happen (besides, there is already comics about it). At least in my eyes the RR is as far forward as they should go in history.
    Agreed, Connor had the personality of a robot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast