Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Next Assassin's Creed Game may be set in Brazil

This is a discussion on Next Assassin's Creed Game may be set in Brazil within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; It's been more than a month since Assassin's Creed III release, and recently also premiered AC3 Tyranny of King Washington ...

ISTJ

Next Assassin's Creed Game may be set in Brazil

It's been more than a month since Assassin's Creed III release, and recently also premiered AC3 Tyranny of King Washington DLC, according to Gameinformer; Ubisoft Brazil managing director Bertrand Chaverot has revealed to a Portuguese tech site that the next entry of Assassin's Creed will be taking place in Brazil.

This could be quite possible, we could be for example going round Rio De Janeiro or Brasilia, especially that one of the Desmond story missions takes place in a Stadium in Brazil, and also the tree climbing mechanism can easily apply to the huge Amazon Rainforest. There is no quite sure timezone yet, but this would be a sequel with good potential for the future and what is yet to come in the AC Universe. Assassin's Creed have released a game yearly since Assassin's Creed II in 2009, followed by Brotherhood in 2010, Revelations in 2011 and AC3 this year. Only time will tell if this is a true claim, and we should find out sometime next year.

Source: Gameinformer

Thanks to LuckayCanadianShulckayMooseackey for this Signature and Avatar. Thanks to RaveNScythE18 & Smashguy for the PPS userbar.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I think the next Assassin's Creed should come out in 2014 giving a gap year to hype it up more. I'm still not burned out on the series though and love it

Prayer Warrior

honestly man.....i'm AC burnt out. i liked AC III and really want to finish it but i'm just over it man. if they want my money again they are going to have to really change the game.....and i mean REALLY change the game. i mean the bump in the timeline was enough for me to buy AC III and the mechanics work really well but it still feels like i've been there and done that. i appreciate all the hard work that has gone into the game but i need something fresh. the yearly release has me frustrated.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Banned

Here's what I got from another source earlier,

The next Assassin's Creed game may be set in Brazil. Ubisoft Brazil managing director Bertrand Chaverot told Techtudo this week that the next entry in the company's stealth-action series is heading to the South American country.

The report was published in Portuguese and GameSpot has confirmed the translation. A representative from Ubisoft's North American outfit was not immediately available for comment.
    The Assassin's Creed franchise is no stranger to Brazil. This year's Assassin's Creed III had missions set in the South American country.
    Ubisoft has released a new core Assassin's Creed game every year since 2009, though no new entry is confirmed for 2013. However, a recent Ubisoft survey suggested a new game in the franchise--that may include co-op--could be on store shelves next year.
    It seems likely if they want to continue Connor's story, more colonies to conquer!

Banned

*Double Post* lolol

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    honestly man.....i'm AC burnt out. i liked AC III and really want to finish it but i'm just over it man. if they want my money again they are going to have to really change the game.....and i mean REALLY change the game. i mean the bump in the timeline was enough for me to buy AC III and the mechanics work really well but it still feels like i've been there and done that. i appreciate all the hard work that has gone into the game but i need something fresh. the yearly release has me frustrated.
    same here, havent gotten AC 3 yet because i feel its just more of the same, ill get it eventually, but for around $20, id appreciate ubisoft not CODing this series, but they have already stated that they are planning for AC to be a yearly release, might be nice if on the off year they release a downloadable version of AC that was smaller and cheaper just to hold over fans until the next major release, but unlikely since AC sells well enough to justify a yearly release

Kiwi Defender

Still a better location than the US.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

fuck brazil, land of the worst gamers on planet earth.

im not touching the series anymore.

"Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

Lvl 5 - Silver

I enjoy Assassin's Creed but I'm getting tired of it. I can't seem to get into AC3. I guess it's because Revelations was kinda boring for me. I'm only on sequence 3 so maybe it'll turn around but I wish they would spread the releases out a bit more so it doesn't feel like I'm going directly from one game to the next. I'd be excited to play in Brazil. It's always fun to play in different parts of the world. We'll see what happens.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    im not touching the series anymore.
    Huh, a look at your trophy collection indicates that you haven't touched the series so far, unless you've only played the 1st game.

Anyway, Brazil may or may not be a good location for the game; it's hard to say just now. It's far too early to be passing judgement on the location, if that even is where it will be set. It's just speculation at this point.

Good News, Everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    Huh, a look at your trophy collection indicates that you haven't touched the series so far, unless you've only played the 1st game.

Anyway, Brazil may or may not be a good location for the game; it's hard to say just now. It's far too early to be passing judgement on the location, if that even is where it will be set. It's just speculation at this point.
    Anymore
    Ps360 was pretty clear.
    *Forgot that she played them on X360 only, sorry.
    Last edited by vettes_4-ever; 12-09-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Lvl 9 - Gold

So was I. You can't "not touch the series anymore" if you haven't touched it to begin with.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Set it in China or Asia then we talk ... w ~

joke aside

I didnt get myself the 3rd game yet, bcoz i am not that excited for the gameplay, i only interested in the storyline for most part.
    That is why i never plat my AC series.
    Been playing Altair till Ezio trilogy, feel like the same game just add a few game mechanic here and there.

Banned

Here we go, Assassin's Creed III ended during the year 1783, according to wiki Colonial Brazil ended in 1815, between those years the following two historical events took place:

Inconfidencia Mineira - 1788-1798
    Which was the setting of the most important conspiracy against colonial authorities.
    InconfidÍncia Mineira - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Transfer of the Portuguese Court to Brazil - 1808-1821

Pretty much speaks for itself, they left Lisbon in Portugal just days before Napoleon Bonaparte's forces captured the city.
    Transfer of the Portuguese Court to Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So yeah, if it is going to be set in Brazil with Connor as the protagonist it will definitely be set during at least one of those two events, if not both.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Maybe I am just ignorant to post-Mayan South American history, but this doesn't exactly scream to me as something that is going to have major historical players, or play a pivotal role in the timeline of World History.

This series is getting milked hardcore, and I get that there is a fan base for it, but I personally have a hard time stomaching it at this point. I like the game play, but not enough to be engaged to it on an anniversary term relationship with my $60 going to Ubisoft year in and year out. (and now with the Season pass bullshit, bump that number up.)

Happy for the fans, but I seriously after playing around with ACIII for a few hours and hearing my best friends nephew go off about the game for months, feel this series is dangerously close to reaching Guitar Hero/Tony Hawk levels of stagnation. I highly doubt that the setting of Brazil is going to bring in more people either.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

ISTJ

I'm afraid this could be like Call of Duty but this game was so much different than the previous imo. It went up a good notch.

Thanks to LuckayCanadianShulckayMooseackey for this Signature and Avatar. Thanks to RaveNScythE18 & Smashguy for the PPS userbar.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?...%20the%20great

all games played on xbox

the First one i actually played on PS3.

"Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

PRO Member

I want it but I too hope it comes out in 2014 and not next year

Angel of Death

I would want it next year. I have yet to be bored of the series, although I would really like a modern setting, or dare I say a World War II setting. As for Brazil... Not feeling it. A Feudal Japan type of setting would be great too. Maybe even around the time of Ghengishan.

YnO
    Lvl 1 - Bronze

thats wrong the next assassins will be in mexico in chichen itza.

that is just only to mislead people

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast