Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I loved ME 2 and 3; should I get ME 1 from the PSN store?

This is a discussion on I loved ME 2 and 3; should I get ME 1 from the PSN store? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by owltalon012 The original Mass Effect is best. Once EA bought out Bioware, Mass Effect turned into complete ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by owltalon012 View Post
    The original Mass Effect is best.

Once EA bought out Bioware, Mass Effect turned into complete trash, and now it's a shell of it's former self.

Most people don't realize this though, because they just buy the games without playing the original, which is idiotic.
    Well if you only owned a PS3 then you could have never played the original until now.......

Sig by Bladia

Rangers F.C

The first one story wise is probably the best but like said before all other stuff in the game off the main plot is stupid , very boring and very repetitive . I would imagine going for a platinum on this would be a nightmare , that is is they are giving trophy support which I don't know . The main story is awesome and the end of the game is nothing but epic , have not played this for a long time so do not know how well it has aged and I played the games in order so don't know how it would be if you are playing 2,3,1
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Well if you only owned a PS3 then you could have never played the original until now.......
    Mass Effect was originally on the Xbox 360 and PC.

I played it on the PC, which is always better.
    Truly, we live in the age of shitty games.

Lvl 7 - Gold

When they announced ME2 for the ps3 i decided to try playing ME1 at my friends house to see if its good and then get ME2 for the ps3. I absolutely hated ME1. Played about 5hrs. Decided not to get ME2 but then changed my mind when i played the ME2 demo and loved it. Got the game on launch and loved it also. Got ME3 on launch but havent played as i was banned by my parents due to major exams and now i was recently unbanned but got other newer games to play so havent played ME3 yet

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    My two cents, though: I hated the first game. Waaaaay too much time spent running around talking to people, not enough time shooting bad guys..
    It's an RPG...not CoD.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

No. ME1 has aged terribly

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

PRO Member

Now that I'm a little ways into it, I do recommend it. It's a little bit more difficult than the other two and you don't have as much room for error. It's truly an RPG compared to ME2 and ME3. Of course I have some complaints like the cover system and recycled areas, but I give that to it's age. I'm having fun with it.

A plat a month!

I'm liking ME1 so far. Was a big fan of the 2nd and 3rd in the series.

I will warn you, that the gameplay is noticably different, most likely from Bioware getting a feel for developing ME. Gameplay became streamlined in ME2, so you may take you a little while to get use to ME1.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Thanks again for the latest comments! So far, the positive reviews have outweighed the negative ones, and since ME1 seems to have more of a RPG feel to it, that is another nice bonus. Will start up the game after I finish Okami HD next. Keep on gaming hard! =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12