Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I loved ME 2 and 3; should I get ME 1 from the PSN store?

This is a discussion on I loved ME 2 and 3; should I get ME 1 from the PSN store? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I have been comtemplating buying Mass Effect 1 separately, not the trilogy pack, from the PSN store since I already ...

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

I loved ME 2 and 3; should I get ME 1 from the PSN store?

I have been comtemplating buying Mass Effect 1 separately, not the trilogy pack, from the PSN store since I already mastered both ME 2 and 3. For those who have played ME 1 before, how was the game and is it worth a purchase? It also has a full trophy list for itself, so that is a nice bonus!

Thanks for your comments if any.
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Inactive

I haven't played the first game yet, but I'm thinking of getting the ME Trilogy soon. And if you loved the 2 & 3, you'll probably love the 1st. You should definitely get the first since you'd play the whole series.

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

INTJ

mass effect 1 is the best one.

get it.

Editor in Chief - Editorials

I suppose if you liked the two sequels, buying the first would be a good idea.

My two cents, though: I hated the first game. Waaaaay too much time spent running around talking to people, not enough time shooting bad guys. Oh and I hate the goddamned space travel mechanic. Fuck scanning planets and shit. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

get it.
    i remember a long time ago a certain someone said mass effect would NEVER come to ps3.....well.....it did lol u mad bro?

on topic:

i haven't played the first one myself but have heard tales of it being the best of the series so if you enjoyed 2 and 3 then you should probably get it

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Angel of Death

Mass Effect 1 is the worst in the series. Get it.

Compared to 2 and 3, it's the worst, but it is still a great game. I may buy it again myself.

Noob Member

I will get the first most probably, I'll wait till the price drops a little or if PS+ will have a discount for it

(cheap guy)

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    Mass Effect 1 is the worst in the series. Get it.

Compared to 2 and 3, it's the worst,
    everything said here is wrong

it's the direct opposite.

the writing and Lore is Top quality in mass effect 1. It's a actual genuine RPG with tons of choices to put points in compared to the sequels with a simplfied skill set.

it also has the better combat system where you Have infinite ammo, but a overheat system instead of reloading. This forces you to be smart about firing your gun then just rushing in guns blazing like a TPS.

the Mass effect writing started to dip during mass effect 2 when they brought in a new writer to write with drew (characters were the only good part and saved it) and then the writing committed suicide in mass effect 3 when drew left to work on book tie-ins to SWTOR and then left bioware entirely.

illegal in 9 countries

Mass Effect 1 is the worst of the three, but still well worth playing. It feels cheap and cobbled together compared to the sequels.

The main story missions are great, but the game is chock full of recycled filler for side-quest content. The Mako exploration is nothing short of painful and a lot of exploring is required to snag the Completionist trophy.

The Plat is going to be a grind, requiring at least 3 playthroughs, but I'm more than happy to do it to get a fix of the ME universe again and to round out the trilogy on PS3.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The original Mass Effect is best.

Once EA bought out Bioware, Mass Effect turned into complete trash, and now it's a shell of it's former self.

Most people don't realize this though, because they just buy the games without playing the original, which is idiotic.
    Truly, we live in the age of shitty games.

DH
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

I still have it installed on my PC so I would definitely suggest it if you are a fan of the series.

PSN ID: Devilhunter290
    Big thanks to D1Mech for this signature and avatar

Kiwi Defender

Yes. While the gameplay was polished for 2 (and based on the demo, for 3 as well), the original felt much better story-wise and more... unique. While the exploration gets tedious and repetitive after a while, the overall experience is still top-notch and enjoyable, even more when you replay it with a different class and pick different choices.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Ah, thanks very much for all your feedback on this! Okay, I have purchased ME1 from the PSN store now, so downloading it currently. I am sure it will be as enjoyable, though more repetitive, as the sequels. Have a merry Christmas, everyone! =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    The Mako exploration is nothing short of painful and a lot of exploring is required to snag the Completionist trophy.
    excuse me but the mako was the best thing.

Jinx? ...Stands for Jinx!

I believe so, ME2 and ME3 look amazing, I'm not sure why you wouldn't like no.1

Thanks to Luckay for this Signature and Dare_xLw Avatar. Thanks to RaveNScythE18 & Smashguy for the PPS userbar.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

excuse me but the mako was the best thing.

Oh man, that is so awesome
    I totally agree, the Mako was awesome, but the planet exploration got a bit tedious on the 3rd playthrough and onwards.

get it.
    Indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I suppose if you liked the two sequels, buying the first would be a good idea.

My two cents, though: I hated the first game. Waaaaay too much time spent running around talking to people, not enough time shooting bad guys. Oh and I hate the goddamned space travel mechanic. Fuck scanning planets and shit. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    I loved the first game. It's an RPG, you're supposed to run around talking to people, and less focus on shooting others.
    Space travel was awesome.
    And the scanning of planets only happened in the later games.

-------------------------------

But the very best thing about the first game, was the "infinite" ammo. I have no clue why they decided to make ammo limited, it's a stupid mechanic that shouldn't just be removed.
    I mean, they're flying through space and shit, why do they still need to rely on ammo clips?

Lvl 6 - Silver

I've played this on the xbox 360 and thoroughly enjoyed it and now I've just bought it again on psn. Mass Effect is the best game of the trilogy.
    Thanks to xEl_Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

PRO Member

I started it last night... and it's quite different in terms of gameplay and squad management than ME2 or 3. It's a lot more on the RPG end of the spectrum... which is good. It just took me a bit to get adjusted to it.

Angel of Death

everything said here is wrong

it's the direct opposite.

the writing and Lore is Top quality in mass effect 1. It's a actual genuine RPG with tons of choices to put points in compared to the sequels with a simplfied skill set.

it also has the better combat system where you Have infinite ammo, but a overheat system instead of reloading. This forces you to be smart about firing your gun then just rushing in guns blazing like a TPS.

the Mass effect writing started to dip during mass effect 2 when they brought in a new writer to write with drew (characters were the only good part and saved it) and then the writing committed suicide in mass effect 3 when drew left to work on book tie-ins to SWTOR and then left bioware entirely.
    This is wrong because I like my opinion better. Mass Effect 3 might have had a let-down of an ending, but the game as a whole is much more polished than 1. 2 is still the most fun however.

PRO Member

Just go for it and get it

It's affordable, you've played the other 2, you seem to enjoy them...SO GET IT

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast