What is a good videogame recorder to get?

This is a discussion on What is a good videogame recorder to get? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I would like to get something so I can record what I am playing. I have never gotten anything like ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

What is a good videogame recorder to get?

I would like to get something so I can record what I am playing. I have never gotten anything like that before so I would like to know what is good but not too expensive. What should I get?

Sig by Bladia

-i- love myself.

Hmm try a Dazzle or HD PVR they are both good especially the HD PVR, haven't really tried them though, that's just what I hear from people.

illegal in 9 countries

Elgato Game Capture HD

It's somewhere between the bee's knees and the duck's nuts.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Forgot to mention I would also like to be able to record my voice using a headset, so if you can connect a headset to those I will have to check those out.

Sig by Bladia

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by skatingsam96 View Post
    Forgot to mention I would also like to be able to record my voice using a headset, so if you can connect a headset to those I will have to check those out.
    Commentary is typically added later while editing, or via a microphone connected to PC / Mac while playing, rather than via a game capture device.

I know the Elgato doesn't support voice recording. I think the Hauppauge PVR's might support it, but you'd need to do some research.

Threat

Depends if you wanna do commentary or not.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Ice Cream Firefighter

If you are good at editing record your commentary straight to your computer as you are playing the game then if your using Windows MM when you add your video reduce the volume of the game then add your commentary sound file & adjust it until you know it's in the right position.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I am pretty happy with this: AVerMedia MPD USA - PCTV tuner card - HDTV tuners - HD Capture - Live TV on iPad - HD Media Player - Live IPTV Streaming Encoder -Video Capture Card - Game Capture HD

However: It doesn't have any ability to hook up a headset, so you'd have to do what others are suggesting and put it in post-production. Also, I have experienced a few minor issues that make me a little apprehensive to enthusiastically recommend it.

Furthermore! I think it is about the same price as the El Gato and I'm hearing nothing but good stuff about that.
    Got a YouTube channel? Join our group: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/group.php?groupid=109

Making random gameplay videos at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRevRickyD

Message me if you make videos on YouTube or can record a commentary track and want to collaborate on some gameplay/multiplayer together. I'd like to get a group of people together from PS3T's to start making videos.