Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should I get ps move or kinect?

This is a discussion on Should I get ps move or kinect? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Which one has good games on them? Which has a better motion control?...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Should I get ps move or kinect?

Which one has good games on them? Which has a better motion control?
    Sucker Punch and Guerrilla Games
    Are awesome

PRO Member

Assuming you have both a PS3 and Xbox 360 already, the Kinect is probably a cheaper investment because there are no controllers. However, I think there are better long-term prospects for the move, because you can do more things with a controller (Killzone w/ Move is a good example) than with just motion. Right now there aren't a lot of good games but there are a few options (Sports Champions, Sorcery, LBP2 Move pack and some move-compatible games like Disney Epic Mickey 2). I do like my PS Move a lot but wish they would come out with more move-required games. Move-compatible games are almost always easier with regular controllers because you have better control.

I have never tried Kinect but from what I've heard, the move has the best 1:1 control. Certainly is better than the Wii's.
    Currently working on: FFX HD

Platinums (28): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sorcery, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

Prayer Warrior

i personally hated the move. i found it awkward and unresponsive. and as of right now there are only 2 games worth getting. sports champions 2 and sorcery. i didn't like the tracking with the move and the playstation eye and found myself in weird positions trying to get the damn thing to register. i do however LOVE the kinect and would highly recommend it to anyone. it's a cheaper investment with more bang for your buck. it offers more than just motion contorls. like take madden for example....you can call out plays and audibles using the kinect.....can't do that with the move. and in my opinion there are more than a few good games the show the kinect off and how fun it can be.

but seriously dude you asked peoples opinions so get as many as you can before making your choice. don't just listen to one person and say "oh hey he liked it so it must be a buy...." don't be that dude. do some intelligent researching bro.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Forget I Was Ever Here

Johnny Sparx is right about the move being unresponsive I have about 8 games that are move capable and on almost all of them the move becomes unresponsive or just doesn't do what you want because it becomes uncentered easily. Not the greatest choice and I never touched or been around a kinetic so I couldn't say anything about that.

It is time for me to go underground

Saints Row IV

PS Move
    Now lot's of games support move (and old games get patched)
    Ex. Killzone 3
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Ice Cream Firefighter

I would say Kinect I have 10 Move games, 2 I like using the move for (Time Crisis's) but others like NBA 2K11 & Child Of Eden the move feels kinda slugglish & is better to use a normal control on while playing them. But as others have said move is still in their early days

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

NSFW

I personally like the Move. I've never found it unresponsive. I would say, that for each peripheral, there aren't THAT many games. I think the Move has the most varied. The Kinect is cheaper if you wanna play with your friends while the Move is cheaper if you prefer to play alone. Check the wikipedia articles below, and see what games you like the most. It's really up to you. I personally like the Move a lot. I can't say anything about the Kinect since I don't own it, but I've heard it should be a bit finicky. Remember for the lists below that not every game listed below (especially for the Kinect) have a fully featured version of the games, but just have a few convenient features.

Kinect:
    List of Kinect games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Move:
    List of PlayStation Move games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    I personally like the Move. I've never found it unresponsive. I would say, that for each peripheral, there aren't THAT many games. I think the Move has the most varied. The Kinect is cheaper if you wanna play with your friends while the Move is cheaper if you prefer to play alone. Check the wikipedia articles below, and see what games you like the most. It's really up to you. I personally like the Move a lot. I can't say anything about the Kinect since I don't own it, but I've heard it should be a bit finicky. Remember for the lists below that not every game listed below (especially for the Kinect) have a fully featured version of the games, but just have a few convenient features.
    t
    Kinect:
    List of Kinect games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Move:
    List of PlayStation Move games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Thanks for the links.
    Are awesome

Lvl 4 - Silver

Is their any new move games coming out soon? I see kinect has a lot coming out next year but none for ps move.
    Are awesome

Threat

Both suck but I'd say the PS Move is better since it actually works most of the time.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Lvl 5 - Silver

I have got the Move: i don't know about kinect but since it works with a camera just like a ps3 move ( light ) the room has to be well and equally lit with light ( natural or lamp ). The move works really nice if you follow the instructions. Sportschampions 1 & 2 are worth playing. People who are saying the kinect or move does not work properly have issues with light in the room...

I would say: if you buy a move on the ps3 you won't need a wii becouse it's simply better. I never played kinect...
    PS2 slim silver - PS3 super slim 500gb - PSVita pch1104 - PS4

Lvl 5 - Silver

Move has a lot better games. Killzone 3 is especially fun with move.

Sig by Bladia

illegal in 9 countries

Move is fine for casual games and works well with rail shooters like The Shoot, Time Crisis and Dead Space Extraction. Anything requiring accuracy and turning like MAG, Killzone 3 etc, is better left alone. Killzone 3 in particular was utterly horrid with the Move, particularly with the Sharp Shooter attachment which made the game unplayable.

Kinect is more fun and feels more accurate, but again is best suited to casual games. I use it with my son for Kinectimals, but that's about it.

Give motion-control a miss and wait for the next generation iterations.

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by sept-sept View Post
    I have got the Move: i don't know about kinect but since it works with a camera just like a ps3 move ( light ) the room has to be well and equally lit with light ( natural or lamp ). The move works really nice if you follow the instructions. Sportschampions 1 & 2 are worth playing. People who are saying the kinect or move does not work properly have issues with light in the room...

I would say: if you buy a move on the ps3 you won't need a wii becouse it's simply better. I never played kinect...
    Kinect has problems picking up the movements of people with dark clothes/skin
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    i respectfully disagree with you there. one of my best friends is dark skinned and plays kinect with me all the time with no problems at all. i've never once had an issue with detection with my kinect with any game. rather it was me or my friend or i was wearing dark clothes or even if i was playing in low light. never EVER had an issue.

Ice Cream Firefighter

Racist? You be the judge
    it does have a K in it's name

Thinks you're lazy

Sorry just had to throw that in. My mate owned a racist dog but I have never heard of a racist game accessory. lol

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 6 - Silver

neither, they're both just gimmicks.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Microsoft would have been sued by now if that was true. Also that doesn't make any sense that kinect has problems reading people with darker color.
    Are awesome

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Randy66 View Post
    Microsoft would have been sued by now if that was true. Also that doesn't make any sense that kinect has problems reading people with darker color.
    like i already posted bro that allegation is completely false. i have a dark skin friend that comes over to my house that plays kinect with me all the time and i'm white and he registers just as well as me. no problems.

Kiwi Defender

Neither has good support for good games, and both may feel awkward, uncomfrtable and unaccurate to you, so you should just not buy either.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast