Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Fighting Games

This is a discussion on Fighting Games within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; King of Fighters XIII is a good fighting game. Practice with everyone before playing online....

Lvl 6 - Silver

King of Fighters XIII is a good fighting game. Practice with everyone before playing online.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I crush krypty at any and all fighting games. It's very, very true. cept I did get my head knocked in a few times in KoFXIII T___T" so mean.......... P:<

Lvl 6 - Silver

I would suggest Soul Caliber V Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Street fighter X Tekken and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 in that order of fighting games I enjoy that you dont already have excluding SSF IV from the list since you have mentioned getting it above

Lvl 5 - Silver

I rented Soul Cal V a while ago simply to play as Ezio lol. xD

Lvl 9 - Gold

If I may suggest a really fun game, get Skullgirls. It's only $15 and it's really good. I bought it the day it was released and still play it. No idea how the online holds up though in terms of people playing, but it uses GGPO so it's a decent netcode.
    Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is another really, really fun game, and I recommend it. Though if you're an online player you'll be surprised to see the same 5 or 6 characters all over the place (Wesker, Vergil, Dr. Doom, etc).

Another really good game for $15 is Virtua Fighter 5 the Final Showdown, if you're Plus you can get it with the DLC for the same price. Again I doubt many people still play online, same with KoF.
    Other than that MvC Origins and MvC2 are also quite fun, but MvC2 is so broken it's not funny online. Then again I only play my fighting games offline, so I can't be too sure.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SoS-kryyptyyk View Post
    I was looking into SSFIV for PS+ but it's almost 18gb and I have 12gb max lol xD
    Buy SSF4 on disc and it'll take up much less space on your HDD. It's a great fighter that'll keep you busy for a long time.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Yeah I don't reaaally play fighting games online too often, give it a go now and then but those people are way too damn good... reminds me of going to arcades as a kid, going up against some dude on MK 1-3 and getting smoked within milliseconds... fun times lol. In [new] Mortal Kombat, I love the trophies for online play "10 Wins in a row online" lololol Yeaahh riiight, never happen... T__T

Lvl 5 - Silver

Double posting, sorry - but hey, it's my thread after all. XD Keep the game ideas coming! I think [eventually] I'll even post ALL fighting games I have on all consoles lol, when I get bored enough.. '<__<

Retired...

I really don't play a lot of fighting games but sometimes I play Ultimate MvC3 with cousins and friends at their place.

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

You said you don't like playing fighting games online (I don't blame you) so I'm going to recommend them all :stare: Fighting games > All other games

I'm guessing you play games with family and friends so SF x Tekken & MK are really good games to play if you have friends over... but games with trials like SF4, SSF4, Blazblue, UMVC3 & KoF XIII are best to play when you're alone for 100% concentration otherwise you'll never get them done!

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 5 - Silver

lol Dragon so I take it fighting games are your major fortay XD Well thanks for that. Yeah KOF is intense, but doable. I could probably get more trophies in new MK if I actually sat and tried; it's not that I'm stumped on story mode or Tower, just haven't been motivated. If anything is annoying it's the 'combo' stuff in MK vs DC - holy balls it's frustrating...

Lvl 5 - Silver

The Year of the Combo - GameSpot.com Just a thing I read briefly, thought some of you dedicated fighters might be interested.

Noob Member

If you enjoyed Tekken 6, you might as well try Tekken Tag 2

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by SoS-kryyptyyk View Post
    lol Dragon so I take it fighting games are your major fortay XD Well thanks for that. Yeah KOF is intense, but doable. I could probably get more trophies in new MK if I actually sat and tried; it's not that I'm stumped on story mode or Tower, just haven't been motivated. If anything is annoying it's the 'combo' stuff in MK vs DC - holy balls it's frustrating...
    MK vs DC isn't that hard, and the game itself feels like it needs fixing when it comes to them combos... if you enjoy trials and are new to them then you have to get SF x T. They are easy to complete and you will learn a lot on how them trials work for other fighting games, then you can work your way up to the more difficult fighting games.

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 5 - Silver

Yeah I'm interested in Tekken Tag 2, I've yet to master Tekken 6 though lol. I do much prefer 3D style fighters than 2D, but all are good to me.

Ice Cream Firefighter

I'm not a fan of fighting games at all but what about Tekken Tag Tournament 2. I have never played it to tell you what it's like but it's a popular game it almost made my VGE deathmatch other then that from the quick look I had at your list there is another BlazBlue game out there.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 5 - Silver

Yeah the BlazBlue and Persona games are actually my fiances lol. But I play with her on occasion, usually just to help her get the trophies xD She still needs Calamity Trigger and Extend; I just put all fighting games on the list that the household contains. I wonder if they'll make a Tekken 7, or if they're on their "tag" mode for a few games to come... hmm.

----

I have MK Deadly Alliance and Deception for GameCube, MK Armageddon for Xbox reg, And Dead or Alive 3 for Xbox reg
    Last edited by SoS-kryyptyyk; 12-25-2012 at 11:26 AM. Reason: More to say :P

Lvl 5 - Silver

Bump! I got my girlfriend Persona 4 Arena "for Christmas" but I gave it to her like a month ago lol. Her sister got her BlazBlue Continuum Shift EXTEND, just came in the mail today. :3 Anyone get any new/good fighters today? ^.^

PRO Member

I preordered Mortal Kombat and got it at 10am on release day and i was underwhelmed... maybe I had too high expectations after not seeing a good one in like 10 years come out.. but if you are really into fighting games I'm sure you will enjoy any of these

Lvl 5 - Silver

I was a pre-order buyer of new MK as well, but I loved it. As I've said, I've still yet to complete it 100% lol but eventually I'll get around to it. XD MK has always been my alltime favorite fighting game, but oldschool Darkstalkers and Killer Instinct were up there as well back in the day. The only new MK character I'm missing sadly is Freddy Kreuger I think... X__x but I have everything else DLC related for it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast