Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you have PS+ ? Are you ticked off these days ?

This is a discussion on Do you have PS+ ? Are you ticked off these days ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I buy a game or DLC, a week or two later they give it away for free. I know "Elemental ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Do you have PS+ ? Are you ticked off these days ?

I buy a game or DLC, a week or two later they give it away for free. I know "Elemental Monster" is only.99 cents. But add it to the long list of games and DLC content i get screwed on. Two of the Worms2 DLCs were full price the week of release. The following week they were at a discount. Are you as pissed as i am ? or am i the only one that feels this way.

PRO Member

Maybe wait to buy games for week or two after they release?
    I that kept happening to me I guess I would be pissed off too lol

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Honestly I love ps+, for me it was a great deal but I hate when I buy games and a week later they are free on ps+ but hell I know it's just random and a bit of bad luck lol.
    Platbar by the infamous In2
    "If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it.
    If it's marketed right, you'll buy it, but...if it's real, YOU"LL FEEL IT"

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

I would definitely say show some patience when buying downloadable games if you have Plus. They aren't going anywhere, and there's no need to rush into getting them.

Thankfully, I don't really buy games off the PSN too much - I'm more inclined to buy DLC when I get the chance, and it's usually Rock Band songs, so it's never an issue of me buying it and then it ends up free.

Honestly, I can't possibly be ticked off as Plus has more than paid for itself with all of the content I've gotten from it - games I probably would have never bought in the first place [Like Astro Tripper, or Shatter], and games I've desperately wanted but could never afford [Like PLants vs. Zombies, and all 3 of the PSOne Resident Evils], not to mention themes that I use all the time [Got the Fireplace theme up right now .]

The addition of auto downloading demos and patches, and Cloud saving is a God send, and hour long trials of games that I've been fairly interested in getting is great.

All in all, I've enjoyed what Plus has offered, and last moth was quite honestly, the best month they've had yet - and I can't wait to see what they have planned for this month.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Well there aint to much to get excited about. You will like Costume Quest. Its gonna be free this month.

Lvl 9 - Gold

no and i dont plan on anytime soon i think its pricy and i rather spend on more important stuff like food and bills

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I am enjoying PS+

PSN ID: MikeyBoy02NY02
    XBL: MikeyBoy 02NY02

An old-fashioned cowboy

I'm actually wishing I had kept my PS+ especially with the discounts/free games they been receiving the last few and upcoming weeks. But like people have said maybe you should wait a week or two before buying PSN games.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Well all of you are happy with PS+. But a dude with lots of money to burn like myself.......... PS+ is not worth it. The main reason why i got it was for those quote "Exclusive Beta's" we were promised. So far the only thing "Exclusive" are a 1 week jump start to a beta on the PS network. Then its public. All my good beta's came from Fileplanet.

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by VANDRO View Post
    Well there aint to much to get excited about. You will like Costume Quest. Its gonna be free this month.
    Its going to be free this month? That's awesome news as I never bought it when it was discounted the last time but I really wanted to. I'll definitely be getting it now.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsoldier36 View Post
    no and i dont plan on anytime soon i think its pricy and i rather spend on more important stuff like food and bills
    It all depends on how much you buy from the PSN store. I signed up for the one year package when they were still offering an extra three months so I got 15 months for roughly $50. Since then, I've saved between $50-70 in probably two or three months due to discounts and free games, avatars, and DLC. Now not everything I got I would of purchased, but because it was free I took advantage of it. I figure by the time my 15 months are up, I'll have saved well over $200, and that's a low estimate in my opinion.

Back to the question the original poster asked. I do sometimes feel bad when I buy something and its free or discounted shortly thereafter. However, this isn't that big of a deal because I've already saved more than I paid for the service anyways.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by VANDRO View Post
    I buy a game or DLC, a week or two later they give it away for free. I know "Elemental Monster" is only.99 cents. But add it to the long list of games and DLC content i get screwed on. Two of the Worms2 DLCs were full price the week of release. The following week they were at a discount. Are you as pissed as i am ? or am i the only one that feels this way.
    It's part of the game. You take a chance when you buy stuff at full price. With +, I'd honestly wait on buying anything unless it's at a discounted rate already. I used to be the guy that buys everything every tuesday, and since I have over 100+ games on backlog, I've stopped buying stuff except whats on sale in PS+. And I've saved myself over $100 now doing that just off of deals.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I still have my PS+ membership, and have used it to download a couple of free or reduced items and games recently. Sometimes I've felt a little annoyed when I've bought something and then later see it reduced again or even free, but as I likely bought it for a reduced price in the first place, it's not really as big a deal as it would be had I bought the game/add-on/whatever for full price and then seen it go down.

It's no different to buying a full price game on release day and then seeing it at a lower price after a couple of months.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Twizzle View Post
    Honestly I love ps+, for me it was a great deal but I hate when I buy games and a week later they are free on ps+ but hell I know it's just random and a bit of bad luck lol.
    Oh yeah. Or in my case a few weeks, I had Critter Crunch by the time the gave it to Plus members. Few other games did that too.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I bought PS+ by accident and I think the entire program is crap. ALl the discounts aren't worth it, especially since I don't really care about "FREE GAMES" when they're almost all junk. Not to mention the discounts they offer a paltry when you think about how much you're paying to get the discount.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Getting games early is useless, but it depends on HOW early, and HOW important the game is (and it honestly does).

The USA always get everything first. So in that law, PS+ giving you stuff early isn't really a bonus at all.

-i- love myself.

This is my 2nd time being a PS+ member, and I am quite disappointed. The only reason I buy PS+ is for beta's and avatars. I'll like to see something more interesting added to PS+.

Buy my book, Alteration

Still Plus, sticking with it. I like some of the discounts (20% off inFAMOUS 2 Festival of Blood), some cool free games. overall just staying. I like it.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Aperture Test Subject

I'm enjoying PS+ immensely. Whilst I don't keep/play many of the PS1/Mini games, it's more than paid for itself over the year or so I've had it. I am absolutely STOKED that Costume Quest is being given away this month! I was just saying in another post that I should be buying that! The timing couldn't be better!

It does pay to wait a little bit before buying a game if you have Plus. Invariably there will be some sort of discount on it eventually. However, at the same time, it's given me the opportunity to play a lot of games that perhaps I would have overlooked in the past.

1000th Trophy | | Resistance 3 | Counter-Sniper | 10-Sep-2011

PRO Member

I pretty much just got it for the online storage and free stuff.. I don't buy a whole lot of stuff off there unless it's just DLC and I'm currently playing the game... Otherwise, it can wait.. cause everything comes down on there eventually
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

☆ Zzz...Zzz... ☆

Quote Originally Posted by 00Highway00 View Post
    I pretty much just got it for the online storage and free stuff
    Haha, I'm pretty much the same. Though I don't like the 150MB limit... when I uploaded all my save data had like 40MB left to use.

I don't really care for the discounts and stuff, its just convenience at best really, and if I signed on at a good time then sure I might take advantage of a few good deals if they're relevant to me at the time.
    ~★|Avatar and Sig made by the amazing Auburn|★~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast