Dual Play announced.

This is a discussion on Dual Play announced. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Waggler note: Embedded below is a video walkthrough of the DualPLAY controls] Is the DualPLAY peripheral form factor shown in ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Dual Play announced.

Waggler note: Embedded below is a video walkthrough of the DualPLAY controls]

Is the DualPLAY peripheral form factor shown in the video final? Has production started yet? When can we expect it to show up on store shelves and at what price?

Brett: The peripherals you are seeing today are still just prototype versions. Though, they are very close to what the final version will look like. We are waiting to begin mass production until we have established whether or not consumers are interested in adopting such a product. We hope that hardcore gamers will want to support the development of a unique innovation like this that is sure to greatly enhance motion controlled gameplay for existing and upcoming motion controlled games.

We are launching our Indiegogo campaign with the goal of raising enough funds so that I can team with a third party peripheral manufacturer and distributor, as well as continuing to develop a PlayStation 3 game to take full advantage of all the new gameplay opportunities the DualPLAY enables.

Our funding campaign is currently live and will be ongoing until March 31, 2013.

What are your hopes for the DualPLAY peripheral and motion controls in general? Do you see this sort of "dual" set-up as the way to go for motion controls?

Brett: My hope is that consumers who feel like they've been burnt by investing in motion controls see the DualPLAY as the device they've been waiting for to get back interested in using them. I believe that there is a large amount of hardcore gamers that purchased the Move expecting the next level in immersive gameplay, only to be let down time and time again. I hope that I can boost the spirit of all those gamers by letting them know that an affordable solution is ready and can be available much sooner than you might have expected. I want to change the opinions of all of those who think motion controls are just for kids and their grandparents! The PlayStation Move is incredible technology that has not been properly supported.

I aim to change that.
    Sucker Punch and Guerrilla Games
    Are awesome

Lvl 4 - Silver

DualPLAY Tech Demo Controls

Left Hand:

LEFT MOVE WAND – Left Arm Motion Control

LEFT JOYSTICK – Character Movement

UP – Left Hand Action Camera
    DOWN – Return to First Person Camera
    LEFT – Select Left Hand Primary Weapon When Reaching Down by Side
    RIGHT – Select Left Hand Secondary Weapon When Reaching Down By Side

CIRCLE – Flashlight/Red Dot On and Off
    CROSS – Interact

L1 – Shoot Left Weapon
    L2 – Left Hand Close and Grab
    L3 – Sprint

Right Hand:

RIGHT MOVE WAND – Right Arm Motion Control
    RIGHT JOYSTICK – Camera Control

UP – Right Hand Action Camera
    DOWN – Return to First Person Camera
    LEFT – Select Right Hand Secondary Weapon When Reaching Down By Side
    RIGHT – Select Right Hand Primary Weapon When Reaching Down by Side

CROSS – Interact
    CIRCLE – Flashlight/Red Dot On and off

R1 – Shoot Right Hand Weapon
    R2 - Right Hand Close and Grab
    R3 – Jump
    All this info is from
    http://www.iwaggle3d.com
    Are awesome

illegal in 9 countries

Posting the video helps...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post

Posting the video helps...
    So I don't know how to copy and paste videos on the site.
    Are awesome

INTJ

didn't they already do something like this for wii motes

the only difference here is that you can touch things and that can be easily coded into the wii script.

Retired

That splittable Dualshock/Move hybrid thing would be very good for this.

PRO Member

It looks like the Move controller attaches to the front - does the standard navigation controller attach as well, or are the joystick and buttons integral to the dual play? Anyway, looks like they could do a lot with it. I like how you can aim a flashlight or weapon in a direction independent from your view.
    Currently working on: FFX HD

Platinums (28): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sorcery, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports