Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

6 Different Rockstar PS2 Classics Rated by the ESRB

This is a discussion on 6 Different Rockstar PS2 Classics Rated by the ESRB within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Following the release of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on the PSN last week for $14.99, it looks as though ...

Prayer Warrior

6 Different Rockstar PS2 Classics Rated by the ESRB

Following the release of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on the PSN last week for $14.99, it looks as though Rockstar will be bringing more of their PS2 catalog to the PS3 in the near future.

The ESRB has rated Bully, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Midnight Club, Midnight Club 2, Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Remix, and Red Dead Revolver all for the PlayStation 3, which points towards a PSN release for all three titles soon.

While all of these games could take a little bit to eventually come out (Vice City was rated months ago and still hasn’t come out), we at least know they are on the way and we’ll be able to download them at some point. As for pricing, we can really only hope that Rockstar goes back to the standard PS2 Classic pricing of $9.99, as opposed to that $14.99 for San Andreas.
    if these are released as just ps2 classics then i won't touch them. but if HOWEVER they are somehow released together as an HD collection.....i'm so totally sold.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 4 - Silver

Why is rockstar just not make a couple of HD Collections like 1 for Read Dead, Vice City stories , and Bully in one collection and the midnight clubs in another collection. I know a lot a people would buy a Hd Collection in a heartbeat including me.
    Sucker Punch and Guerrilla Games
    Are awesome

INTJ

thanks rockstar now i can buy all the games i already own

(midnight club 3 is the second best racing game of all time)

Rangers F.C

Not interested in this , I have never played Bully but I think it was supposed to be ok and Midnight Club not my kind of thing so only leaves GTA and I already own it and have played it to death ...................... plus I hate cash grabs
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

They need to give us a PSN release of Rockstar: Table Tennis

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

To Be Announced

It boggles my mind that Rockstar can't just put out a GTA HD collection. I mean, the demand is there, and when games like Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank, GOW, etc., etc. have all gotten HD collections, it seems like a no-brainer on Rockstar's part to put out three of the five highest-selling PS2 games of all time together along with the two Stories games with a graphical polish (and trophies, obviously). It's just such a missed opportunity for them to just be sitting in the PSN store...

Even for the rest of these games, polishing them up and putting out a Rockstar HD Collection would, to me, seem like it'd net them a decent chunk of change in their pocket from Rockstar fans, people with an interest who never got to play them before, and people looking for the nostalgia trip.

No point springing money when I can still just pop in my PS2 discs, and, at the least, it's not like I haven't played the games before, so the fact they're not part of an HD collection is no real hit. It'd just be nice, I suppose.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

-i- love myself.

If it's released in a HD collection this I'll certainly buy it!

Saints Row IV

OMFG imagine Bully and Red Dead Revolver with trophies!
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Platinum Dohvakiin

PSN Classics or HD Collections, i could honestly care less. I still own nearly my entire PS2 Collection of games, with everyone of these included. And even if they did release them in HD w/ trophies, still doesn't make them any better of a game than the ones I already have. Woohooo they'll look better BFD, still not worth me buying games I already own.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffx37 View Post
    It boggles my mind that Rockstar can't just put out a GTA HD collection. I mean, the demand is there, and when games like Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank, GOW, etc., etc. have all gotten HD collections, it seems like a no-brainer on Rockstar's part to put out three of the five highest-selling PS2 games of all time together along with the two Stories games with a graphical polish (and trophies, obviously). It's just such a missed opportunity for them to just be sitting in the PSN store...

Even for the rest of these games, polishing them up and putting out a Rockstar HD Collection would, to me, seem like it'd net them a decent chunk of change in their pocket from Rockstar fans, people with an interest who never got to play them before, and people looking for the nostalgia trip.

No point springing money when I can still just pop in my PS2 discs, and, at the least, it's not like I haven't played the games before, so the fact they're not part of an HD collection is no real hit. It'd just be nice, I suppose.
    They will release a HD collection but they will put it on ice till they sold so many normal copies off PSN and then do a mad bundle with GTAV similar to what RE6 done
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Randy66 View Post
    Why is rockstar just not make a couple of HD Collections like 1 for Read Dead, Vice City stories , and Bully in one collection and the midnight clubs in another collection. I know a lot a people would buy a Hd Collection in a heartbeat including me.

This I can agree with. HD collections are a high demand and all rockstar wants to do is release them as PS2 classics. Come on rockstar give gamers what they want.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I was hoping that manhunt would be one of the 6, unlikely i know but you can dream lol.

PRO Member

I'm getting Red Dead Revolver. I'd love an HD version but I'll get what I can

Lvl 6 - Silver

if they release these with trophies ill buy most of them but odds are they wont since they didnt release san andreas with trophies these wont get trophies

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by snakebit10 View Post
    This I can agree with. HD collections are a high demand and all rockstar wants to do is release them as PS2 classics. Come on rockstar give gamers what they want.
    Vice City Stories was a PSP release, later ported to PS2. The only HD releases of PSP games thus far have contained trophies.

There's hope yet...but I'm betting these will be PS2 Classics without trophies. In which case, why bother?

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    but I'm betting these will be PS2 Classics without trophies. In which case, why bother?
    Minimal effort for an additional stream of revenue. Yeah, I agree, PS2 classics are sort of pointless.

If they're never going to bother to do a HD collection, they should make the PS2 games Vita compatible, just like PS1 games.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    PSN Classics or HD Collections, i could honestly care less. I still own nearly my entire PS2 Collection of games, with everyone of these included. And even if they did release them in HD w/ trophies, still doesn't make them any better of a game than the ones I already have. Woohooo they'll look better BFD, still not worth me buying games I already own.
    actually it is a BFD cause there are a lot of people myself included that no longer have their ps2 collection and an HD collection is a perfect opportunity to relive those classic games with HD graphics and trophy support. so yeah ..... it is a BFD

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Trophies and HD can go jump on this occasion, i would however, like them to become Vita compatible, Bully on handheld? yes please!

Remember, no one is making you buy a straight port of an old game and if your only incentive for digging up an old game is for Dings! then you may want to forget about playing them again.
    It's nice when companies do make an extra effort but it's a mixed bag, for every HD remake that stands the test of time there is a Devil May Cry Collection that savagely rapes your fond memories. There has to be a line in the sand with slapping trophies on old games, otherwise we will end up with the videogame equivalent of what cinema is doing, rehash for cash.

Oh and i'd rather be playing GTA V than going back to Vice City or somesuch because it looks 6% less blocky and gives me a trophy for riding a bike to Billie Fekkin Jean.

An old-fashioned cowboy

Not like it matters to me if these games are released as PS2 classics or in a hd collection. With the exception of Bully I wouldn't buy let alone re/play any of these games one way or the other.

Up the Irons!

I would, like almost everyone else, prefer them with trophies and in HD, but I haven't played some of these, so this will do.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast