Dark Souls 2 Has DLC Item Storage

This is a discussion on Dark Souls 2 Has DLC Item Storage within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Report: Dark Souls II Will Have Paid DLC Item… Storage? | Siliconera An early report from Famitsu floating around 2ch ...

INTJ

Dark Souls 2 Has DLC Item Storage

Report: Dark Souls II Will Have Paid DLC Item… Storage? | Siliconera

An early report from Famitsu floating around 2ch says Dark Souls II will have paid downloadable content. Namco Bandai and FromSoftware will sell extra item and weapon storage for a fee.

The magazine also says the trailer shown during the Video Game Awards is not in-game footage. Famitsu also says there is a connection between the world in Dark Souls II and Dark Souls and hints that Dark Souls II might take place in a different period.

I TOLD YOU BRO

I TOLD YOU ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU APPLY TO A CASUAL MARKET

illegal in 9 countries

That's nothing new. Guild Wars implemented DLC item storage and character slots in 2005 and it's hardly what I'd term a casual game. This sort of DLC is targeting hardcore DS fans, not newbies.

With any sort of doomsaying rumour, we won't know whether this is good or bad until the game drops. It's way too early to run around yelling "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

INTJ

That's nothing new. Guild Wars implemented DLC item storage and character slots in 2005 and it's hardly what I'd term a casual game. This sort of DLC is targeting hardcore DS fans, not newbies.
    lets compare a giant MMO to a singleplayer game. Even Capcom didn't commit such bullshittery in dragons dogma and they are the DLC Ripoff masters

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    With any sort of doomsaying rumour, we won't know whether this is good or bad until the game drops. It's way too early to run around yelling "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"
    the moment you say you want your game to apply to a wider audience, your series is dead unless it's a very VERY simple game or already does apply.

example: Dragon Age 2. They wanted the COD Audience, now they have only the Biodrone audience and no one else.

My Favorite quote i heard from the internet about stuff like this

"Make a game for everyone, and no one would want to play it. Make a game for one person and everyone will think they are that person"

Kiwi Defender

Not very fond of what this could mean. If it means you can buy whatever in-game item right off the bat, it's totally ruining what the franchice is about ("suffer your way through the game to get that badass armor you want!"). If it means there'll be alternative weapons and armors you may purchase that are balanced with the average weapon/armor in the game itself, then at least it's not as game-breaking.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

KCCO!

Honestly, I can't say I'm a fan of this news. It's deviating even further from the original formula that made the Souls franchise a cult hit, so to speak.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanchan View Post
    Honestly, I can't say I'm a fan of this news. It's deviating even further from the original formula that made the Souls franchise a cult hit, so to speak.
    When a game sells as much as Demon's Souls and starts a franchice by going multiplatform in it's next installment it can hardly be called a "cult hit", since it means it's very popular and isn't restricted to a small group of players.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Chocobo Master

Seeing how I still consider myself new to the DS and DkS Clan, Dark Souls bosses fight were a little better the Demons Souls but environmental, gear and enemy wise, Demons Souls hands down better. I don't see how they will improve on DkS II if they listen to people that tought DkS was better then DS.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Negator

:stare:

What. The. Fuck.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay