View Poll Results: Would you continue to earn trophies if there was no trophy support for the PS4?

Voters
187. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it wouldn't matter to me.

38 20.32%
  • Yes but i would be disappointed.

97 51.87%
  • Maybe

17 9.09%
  • No i would stop collecting trophies if the PS4 had no trophy support.

35 18.72%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Would you continue to earn trophies if there was no trophy support for the PS4?

This is a discussion on Would you continue to earn trophies if there was no trophy support for the PS4? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I haven't been caring about trophies in a while. Just don't care as much anymore. Nice to have them though....

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I haven't been caring about trophies in a while. Just don't care as much anymore. Nice to have them though.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Fatone View Post
    i''m the same way, play the story mode once and move on to the next game before trophies came out.
    But now u have to go back and mop up the trophies u didnt get so you are playing more.

WHO DAT!!!!

trophies will live forever, Sony isnt stupid...and i bet you ps3 trophies will transfer to ps4 trophies just because that would be a killer to sony customers(and yes im one that would be pissed)

Lvl 9 - Gold

I consider trophies like a side task. Once you finish the game, you have something else to do. If the PS4 does carry trophies on they might keep are current trophy count since they're on the Sony servers.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The answer is simple, just watch the online integration of trophy support between ps3 and the future ps vita. So i see possible an account integration also with ps4, maybe not trophies any more, but i know that there wont be lost at all. Maybe all the same in an insane single ps3 psvita ps4 gamertag with tons of statics xD cant wait

By the way, hello everyone

Lvl 5 - Silver

Trophies are fun earn and prolongs the life of any game, but honestly wouldn't care less if the game i have supports trophies or not if i enjoy it i will play it
    Annoying PS3T.com members since March 2010

Platinum Procrastinator

If they don't continue one with the trophy system then I won't really care that much. I'd actually be able to play through my games a lot faster just like before became addicted. However, I'm pretty sure they are here to stay.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yes, but I would be disappointed. I love the trophies.

Lvl 7 - Gold

i would dtill play games, but i think it will be dumb idea to do so

PRO Ninja

i couldn't care less.

check my awesome plat list if you dare: CLICK ME!

PRO Mimbur

I'd still trophy hunt because I have personal goals to reach.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

You guys really didn't think this thru, of course PS4 will have trophies if they weren't interested in them they would not have included that feature in the up coming vita portable console, and yes trophies will carry from the PS3 to the PS4 and how do I know this? Simple. We already have existing accounts on the PSN which contains our trophy stats so to simply log in on a PS4 means all our progress will transfer over and not to mention the things we bought from the store becuz why make us sign up again on new accounts when we will most likely use the same email address.

Also you think Sony doesn't know that trophy whores bring in more money from them platting a game then going out and buying another just to have a trophy race to get to the highest rank possible?
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 4 - Silver

Yes I would but I be dissapointed because I think the trophies help me futher explore the games and give me experiences otherwise I probably wouldn't have had.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Idk... I really like trophies since it gives games a little extra flavor. (especially since most games only have a 5 hour storyline >_>) Some trophies out there really push you to do something different ya know? I've been gaming for awhile before trophies, but they sure are addicting

PRO Member

Trophies don't really mean that much to me there an added bonus to the game and most times make me play a game that little bit longer than i normaly would.

Lvl 6 - Silver

It will suck if our trophies don't carry over to the PS4, please Sony here your fan's pleas

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I've had my PS3 long before trophies were even here. It wouldn't bother me since I get trophies for personal accomplishment anyway....Without trophies I probably wouldn't come back to a game once I beat it. For me it makes the game last longer, always coming back to get that last trophy.

Lvl 6 - Silver

im confused...how can you collect trophies if there is no trophy support? guess im misinterpreting the question? lol, if ps4 decides not to have trophies, i'll just stick with ps3 and earn more trophies until they decide to bring them back! lol. or at least till i hit max level. hah.

Lvl 6 - Silver

That would be a bad move on Sony's part if that were to happen as people have grinded it out getting all those trophies in the first place only to have it removed on the next-generation of their console. All I am worried about is if the trophies on PS3 would carry over to PS4 and keep the same stats or would people have to start all over again
    MyAnimeList: Killermachine252 | Sword Art Online <3
    Expand Platcard to see my entire Sword Art Online signature below it

Lvl 7 - Gold

Probably... the whole reason I'm on this site is because of those damn things! (ah who am I kidding, I'm here because of you! I love you!!) But I can definitely see myself in 5-7 years playing PS3 games that I missed out on in the past, because I was trophy hunting... then i'll be buying used ps3 games that are out of print just to complete my collection... ARGH! I still need all ps1 and ps2 games...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast