View Poll Results: Would you continue to earn trophies if there was no trophy support for the PS4?

Voters
187. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it wouldn't matter to me.

38 20.32%
  • Yes but i would be disappointed.

97 51.87%
  • Maybe

17 9.09%
  • No i would stop collecting trophies if the PS4 had no trophy support.

35 18.72%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Would you continue to earn trophies if there was no trophy support for the PS4?

This is a discussion on Would you continue to earn trophies if there was no trophy support for the PS4? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I would still carry on earning trophies, It doesn't really matter 2 me as some things just happen and you ...

PRO Member

I would still carry on earning trophies, It doesn't really matter 2 me as some things just happen and you just gotta move on, I mean it would be sad 2 see it go, but I wouldn't spend time dwelling on it, I always look 2 the future not the past, so yeah I'd carrying on getting trophies and then maybe get a PS4 and carry on playing games, but I doubt Sony will actually do this, and if they do I'm sure there be some sort of protest(e.g. a online protest etc, sending messages to Sony etc), which I would join in or at least tell Sony that people want trophy support but if that didn't work I wouldn't care one bit....

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I love trophies; it was the very thing that got me hooked on the PS3 in the first place! I'd not be happy if the PS4 didn't implement trophies

PSN: joshualeuty96-2-
    XBL Gamertag: joshualeuty1996
    I DON'T ACCEPT BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS, IF YOU WANT TO ADD ME SAY YOU ARE FROM PS3TROPHIES.COM IN THE FRIEND REQUEST MESSAGE!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    It wouldn't matter to me... I think PS4 should not have trophies and it should only be for PS3 IMO
    Look at you talking, mr. 63 plats..........
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    Look at you talking, mr. 63 plats..........
    lol I think PS4 should not have trophies, but it will... either way whatever.

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 5 - Silver

I'll be extremely dissapointed, but I'll still hunt trophies in ps3 (for I doubt I'll get ps4 in the first 2 years of its release).
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

Game on....

lol I think PS4 should not have trophies, but it will... either way whatever.
    Why would you want that? If the PS4 doesn't have trophies, you will see this site becomes somewhat redundant. Also don't you like other players or friends looking at your trophies and comparing them? Who will care about your 63 platinum trophies if the PS4 doesn't continue the platinum trophy legacy?

PRO Member

I care, but if the PS4 has trophies (I think it will btw) I won't be collecting them, I may go for a few plats now and again but not every game I play and I definitely will not be going for a 100% account. Trophies has to end sometime, I think it should end with the PS3

Sig by Smashguy

Game on....

I care, but if the PS4 has trophies (I think it will btw) I won't be collecting them, I may go for a few plats now and again but not every game I play and I definitely will not be going for a 100% account. Trophies has to end sometime, I think it should end with the PS3
    But why do trophies have to end? Long live trophies

Lvl 6 - Silver

no doubt i will be keeping my PS3 once PS4 comes out anyway so even if they took it out (which i doubt) i'd still keep collecting trophies on my PS3.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    But why do trophies have to end? Long live trophies
    cuz they have to

Sig by Smashguy

Game on....

cuz they have to
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    I was just thinking that it is obvious that trophies will continue on for the PS4 but what changes will be made? A few things i want to see are:

1) Improved sync times for uploading trophy information.

2) The ability to remove a game from the trophy list (if required).

3) Some kind of Playstation store trophy rewards.

4) A more detailed trophy profile and the ability to instantly compare trophies to friends.
    This is nice....I also would like to be able to change my PSN name for free, and with no hassle, or loss of anything.

Lvl 7 - Gold

i would still be playing playstation buty sony aren't made, they will not stop trophies, just look at all the trophy hunters, that will make sony loose money

Lvl 10 - Platinum

i would if it were to happen and i can guarantee it wont. This rakes in tonnes of money for sony they would never let this by.
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I wouldn't give a shit. I played ps1 and ps2 and neither of those had a trophy/achievement system. Don't need the ps4 to have one either.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I would like a leaderboard displayed in the PS4 of everyone who has atleast 1 trophy on an account so we can see where we rank against the world, been wanting that feature for ages.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I could care less for trophies, even though I went ahead and got all of the trophies for Assassin's Creed II & Portal 2, I wouldn't care if they chose not to implement them again in the next generation Playstation. What really grinds my gears for some reason are the people here who are saying "Trophies are the reason why I got the PS3!" Really? That's it? Trophies aren't even real life accomplishments. I think of it as a time waster. If they do decide to add trophies in the next iteration Playstation, I hope to see improvements. (Leaderboards, mostly.)
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

I'm not going to buy a PS4 in that case. Even if a PS4 does come out I wasn't going to buy one anyway for a long time.

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by iToxicityHD View Post
    I could care less for trophies, even though I went ahead and got all of the trophies for Assassin's Creed II & Portal 2, I wouldn't care if they chose not to implement them again in the next generation Playstation. What really grinds my gears for some reason are the people here who are saying "Trophies are the reason why I got the PS3!" Really? That's it? Trophies aren't even real life accomplishments. I think of it as a time waster. If they do decide to add trophies in the next iteration Playstation, I hope to see improvements. (Leaderboards, mostly.)
    Trophies are certainly not the reason i would ever purchase a PS3. I thoroughly enjoying gaming and i play games as a sort of stress reliever and a way of getting away from reality when i feel like it.

On the edge

I can almost certainly guarantee that the trophies that we earn on the PS3 will not carry over to the PS4. I feel sure that Sony will have a separate trophy count for the next console.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast