View Poll Results: Would you continue to earn trophies if there was no trophy support for the PS4?

Voters
187. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it wouldn't matter to me.

38 20.32%
  • Yes but i would be disappointed.

97 51.87%
  • Maybe

17 9.09%
  • No i would stop collecting trophies if the PS4 had no trophy support.

35 18.72%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Would you continue to earn trophies if there was no trophy support for the PS4?

This is a discussion on Would you continue to earn trophies if there was no trophy support for the PS4? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; "IF" Ps4 didnt have trophy support then it wouldn't even be a question worth answering............ how would you collect trophies ...

PRO Member

"IF" Ps4 didnt have trophy support then it wouldn't even be a question worth answering............ how would you collect trophies if there are none on it X_o'

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Does this mean would you continue to earn trophies on PS3 if there was no option on PS4? Because for me its yes im not gonna get PS4 straight away i wanted to plat few games before i pick it up.
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Lvl 7 - Gold

I really don't know. I quess i would still earn some trophies on the PS3 until i get myself the PS4... But i rarely buy a new system from launch day...
    So i would keep playing on the PS3 until it's time to get me the PS4.....

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Sony isn't stupid. When the Playstation 4 does release it will have trophy support because if not they'll lose an awful lot of people to the Xbox 720.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by XxHuskiesMoonxX View Post
    Sony isn't stupid. When the Playstation 4 does release it will have trophy support because if not they'll lose an awful lot of people to the Xbox 720.
    yeah thats so true, now all it is, just a competition of who get more money and with the cod franchise favouring xbox with the dlc releasing earlier thats more of an edge to xbox so i really highly doubt they will have no trophy support for PS4

Lvl 4 - Silver

The PS4 better have trophy support. I will be pissed if it didn't have trophy support. Trophies make the game more fun IMO (There are some exceptions).

PRO Member

I voted yes, but would be disappointed. I never pick up systems as soon as they come out because there are always bugs. And it most likely would as trophies are connected to your PSN (soon to be SEN), so there shouldn't be any reason for them not to.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think I would stop playing all together . thats the only thing I care about now.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

when i any game its not just for trophies. All games are fun its just certin games we like to play. the reason why i earn trophies is to fully complete a game. once you plat a game you did evey thing it ask for you to do. would i be mad if ps4 have no trophy support yea but ill get over it.......

PRO Ninja

you guys should try to enjoy good games more, like me i'm enjoying AC3 and UC3 (the co-op in this game is amazing) multiplayer and don't think about trophies so much. i can plat any PS3 game another day, week or year, it doesn't matter. if the PS4 don't have trophies so what, i enjoy gaming anyway.

check my awesome plat list if you dare: CLICK ME!

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNinjaKen View Post
    you guys should try to enjoy good games more, like me i'm enjoying AC3 and UC3 (the co-op in this game is amazing) multiplayer and don't think about trophies so much. i can plat any PS3 game another day, week or year, it doesn't matter. if the PS4 don't have trophies so what, i enjoy gaming anyway.
    yeah i dont care if they dont have trophies or not i still love games, its just its a great bonus.

Legend...Nuff Said

I think for me I'd stop buying a lot of games I was on the fence for so it'd save me a lot of money. Also I'd spend a lot less time on games because there are so few games out there that really, and I mean really, interest me to the point of trying to do everything. Suikoden/Persona/dotHack are the only games that had me trying to do everything in them. Almost every other game I'd stop half way through it cause it was boring, or the story was boring, or it just didn't click. I had no reason to go any further.
    I'm a goal oriented person and trophies give me a clear cut goal, and a reason to do certain things in the game. It gives me a reason to play as characters I don't like, or play the game in a way I'd normally not play it, cause frankly the game isn't doing it on its own.

So if trophies suddenly disappeared it'd just mean I wouldn't be finishing 95% of my games instead of the 10% now.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Click-Click-Kaboom

Even tho I don't play games for trophies, I play them cause I like them. I would hope the PS4 would have come kind of trophy system. It's nice to earn them but I don't go out my way and spend hours to get one.

PSN- Il_WidowmakeR_Il

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by DeadPool View Post
    Even tho I don't play games for trophies, I play them cause I like them. I would hope the PS4 would have come kind of trophy system. It's nice to earn them but I don't go out my way and spend hours to get one.
    im totally opposite i love playing game for trophies. its awesome

Lvl 6 - Silver

Its pretty much a standard now for games... like xbox has achiev, WoW has achiev, we gots trophies, etc...

But I hardly play games that arent getting me trophies now, it just adds another level.. Though if i had good online i prolly wouldnt care and just play CoD all the time

Lvl 10 - Platinum

yeah its really common now

Game on....

I do sometimes wonder if at some point in the future i would have to stop earning trophies. Maybe for unforseen reasons or due to the fact that trophies are removed or replaced with something else for the PS4. Either way i would miss earning trophies....

Rangers F.C

I would be totally pissed off if they got rid of them , I only have 22 and a think number one has something like 350 so ever reaching that level don't even matter to me but the trophy side of thing's does , I really enjoy going for the platinum , I went through a stage of getting games just for easy platinum's and that kinda sucked and didn't really suit me , so now I just go for games that I enjoy playing . I think it's a great set-up because once you have finished a game that you enjoyed what better reason could you get to continue playing than being able to get a platinum and a 100% in that game . If they done away with it it would be a HUGE error ( but they wont )

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by XxHuskiesMoonxX View Post
    A would probably get the Xbox 720 out of badness if they done away with the trophy's lol

PRO Member

If PS4 had no trophies I wouldn't give a shit tbh, and if it did I wouldn't continue collecting them.

Sig by Smashguy

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast