View Poll Results: Would you continue to earn trophies if there was no trophy support for the PS4?

Voters
187. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it wouldn't matter to me.

38 20.32%
  • Yes but i would be disappointed.

97 51.87%
  • Maybe

17 9.09%
  • No i would stop collecting trophies if the PS4 had no trophy support.

35 18.72%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Would you continue to earn trophies if there was no trophy support for the PS4?

This is a discussion on Would you continue to earn trophies if there was no trophy support for the PS4? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; It would be stupid not to have them but i wouldn't care as i still have loads of games to ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

It would be stupid not to have them but i wouldn't care as i still have loads of games to get/ play n PS3 to get trophies and then i would get a PS4, having no trophies is just like playing the PS2 in which u played the game for enjoyment not for something that goes ping!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Clearly trophies are a huge part of Sony's future. They made that point clear by adding it to the PSV

Lvl 6 - Silver

I love getting trophies but it wouldn't bother me much because some trophies require you to get the best rank in missions or to complete the hardest mode in the game and I can't do those ones. I can enjoy the games without trying to get the trophies and do it on the difficulty setting that I please.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

Lvl 5 - Silver

in the beginning i didn't care that much but when you start collecting you can't stop

Forget I Was Ever Here

I wouldn't be dissapointed as I do it for myself not for other people to take notice.. I myself cannot say I beat a game until I have the platinum as I would be completing everything the game/developers asked me to if it had trophies as I play a lot of games that are not even trophy enabled..

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 2 - Bronze

It would be easier to play games. You would not have to complete everything. Just finish the game.

Lvl 5 - Silver

My biggest fear i hope they do if sony decided not to add trophies to thee ps4 i would still gaming. Been gaming for over 24 years and i dont plan on stopping ^--^

~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

I think by now we all know they will add trophies, no argument there
    But if somehow they didn't we will really see who are the real gamers and who are the reaL trophy whores nuff said
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Check Those Corners

I am going to be PS2/PS3/PC gaming until 2017 no matter how or when the PS4 comes out. I bought my PS3 in 2007 and almost did not touch it until 2009. I am not even close to finished with the PS3, wont be. I am not buying the PS4 until I know it won't break on release. So I will buy the newest version in 2017, but will STILL trophy hunt till than.
    Final Answer: I will be playing those three at the top until 2017. I will keep earning trophies for as long as I am gaming.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Trophies for me have helped me play a game to its fullest, the first time i played uncharted (without trophies) i couldnt get through crushing and didnt have the will/want to get better. With trophies im a better games and went back to uncharted 2 years later and smashed it!!!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Probably NOT.. it's bad enough playing 'some' PS3 games without trophy support. You only finish the game and there is nothing else to do. No replay value, imo.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

How would I continue to earn trophies if there is no support for PS4?
    ..unless you mean go play my "last gen" PS3 then... yeah, I guess.

But I'm sure PS4 will have some sort of trophy system, it will probably be separate from the PS3 though / not carry over.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    But I'm sure PS4 will have some sort of trophy system, it will probably be separate from the PS3 though / not carry over.
    I hope that isn't the case. I want trophies from the PS3 to carry over to the PS3 or at least be included on the PS4.

Angel of Death

It would be a damn shame if they didn't have trophy support, so I would go back to the PS3 to get trophies still.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    How would I continue to earn trophies if there is no support for PS4?
    ..unless you mean go play my "last gen" PS3 then... yeah, I guess.

Considering your trophies are tied to your PSN/SEN account I would be very surprised if they didn't carry over to the new console. They are not going to create an entirely new online network for the PS4. If they do i'll eat my PS3, controller and all.

Rangers F.C

I think that on the PS4 they should adapt the trophy system , keep the actual trophies the same like platinum but the way it is right now they are just something to look at , they should give you awards for achieving say 10 100% platinum would win you a free 90 day trial on PS+ or free DLC on a Playstaion exclusive , you could say they would lose money so they wont do it but if you are buying at least ten games to get it am sure they could work something out .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 5 - Silver

I hope it does have trophy support, you get more out of games with trophies.

Sig by Bladia

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567