View Poll Results: Would you continue to earn trophies if there was no trophy support for the PS4?

Voters
187. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it wouldn't matter to me.

38 20.32%
  • Yes but i would be disappointed.

97 51.87%
  • Maybe

17 9.09%
  • No i would stop collecting trophies if the PS4 had no trophy support.

35 18.72%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Would you continue to earn trophies if there was no trophy support for the PS4?

This is a discussion on Would you continue to earn trophies if there was no trophy support for the PS4? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I have have always wondered about the future of trophies on the PS3 and i cannot help thinking if in ...

Game on....

Would you continue to earn trophies if there was no trophy support for the PS4?

I have have always wondered about the future of trophies on the PS3 and i cannot help thinking if in the future at some point trophies aren't used or are replaced by something else. I would imagine that if the PS4 is released in the future it would have trophy support but who knows. What i would like to know is your opinions and how it would affect your trophy hunting if you knew that trophies were being removed for the PS4.

Please vote on the poll

Lvl 2 - Bronze

It would anoy the Shit out of me.....

Lvl 7 - Gold

I bought my ps3 long before they add trophy support so I doubt it'll bother me much.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Lvl 4 - Silver

i probably would stop playing playstation and start a pc/steam run instead.
    but if the trophies never would have been added then i would not care.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Sony aren't stupid enough to create a new console with no trophy support. If they did that then they would lose a lot of the gaming market. Just look at how many websites like this there are, too many for sony to ignore. And trophies are linked to PSN so its really unlikely that a new peice of hardware couldn't support simple software like trophy support.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac795 View Post
    Sony aren't stupid enough to create a new console with no trophy support. If they did that then they would lose a lot of the gaming market. Just look at how many websites like this there are, too many for sony to ignore. And trophies are linked to PSN so its really unlikely that a new peice of hardware couldn't support simple software like trophy support.
    Sure your right... i have spent days trying to get some of them bloody trophies. They make me play the game to its full. where as before once story mode is done i would have stopped

Crocodile Hunter

id be annoyed enough to air drop sony heads a couple of crocodiles and drop bears

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 9 - Gold

Trophies f*ck me off, so i'm in favour of it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i absolutely love the trophy's! they push us as gammers to the absolute max to play a game to its fullest! sony would be out-of-there-minds to not have trophy support for the ps4

Closing this account

i could really care less about trophies to stroke my ego. that is why i have a beautiful 4 year old doberman with a coat that looks like silk for. i like playing games for fun. trophies are NOTHING.IMO

Lvl 3 - Bronze

games are meant to be played for fun, not collecting trophies/achievements so I wouln't be bothered if they removed them

Prometheus stole fire from Zeus, I'm stealing his thunder

Buy my book, Alteration

I enjoy trophies, but if the PS4 has none (probably will...), that's what Sony wants. Besides, I won't but a PS4 until the second model releases, so I'll be trophy-collecting long until then.

And besides that, games are for fun, which is why we play them. For fun.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Legalize it...

Itd be stupid if they didnt have trophy support, it adds to the game IMO. Plus they added them to Vita right? So Im sure theyd be on PS4. But I dont see a PS4 coming out for a long time...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by digitalman123 View Post
    And besides that, games are for fun, which is why we play them. For fun.
    He pretty much said what i have to say.. i don't care if the PS4 have no trophy support i play games for fun and trophy hunting is just making sure i complete the game..

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Dude, Sony's not stupid. The PS3 made me register an online account and I am known as hyperhealer3 in the Gaming world. My trophies are my street cred and I've invested a shitload of time cultivating it. If they dump them and my online ID with new hardware, I'd be livid... But not mad enough to stop gaming altogether.

Local Drunk

I don't really care about trophies, I play games for fun not to earn trophies so it would really bother me

Lvl 8 - Gold

im pretty sure the ps4 will have trophies,i seriously doubt your ps3 trophies will rollover though

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by hyperhealer View Post
    Dude, Sony's not stupid. The PS3 made me register an online account and I am known as hyperhealer3 in the Gaming world. My trophies are my street cred and I've invested a shitload of time cultivating it. If they dump them and my online ID with new hardware, I'd be livid... But not mad enough to stop gaming altogether.
    I agree

A plat a month!

I would be really pissed if Sony dropped trophy support. Trophies have changed my perspective on gaming. And I'd hate to see all my progress go down the tubes.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Beanheadio View Post
    Sure your right... i have spent days trying to get some of them bloody trophies. They make me play the game to its full. where as before once story mode is done i would have stopped
    i''m the same way, play the story mode once and move on to the next game before trophies came out.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast