Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RUMOR: UBISOFT interested in aquiring THQ Assets.

This is a discussion on RUMOR: UBISOFT interested in aquiring THQ Assets. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Acording to the article Ubisoft is interested in aquiring THQ IP's. What do you think of Ubisoft getting ip's like ...

PRO Member

RUMOR: UBISOFT interested in aquiring THQ Assets.

Acording to the article Ubisoft is interested in aquiring THQ IP's. What do you think of Ubisoft getting ip's like the Saints Row and WWE Franchises to name a couple.

RUMOR: Ubisoft Planning Bargain Bid to Acquire THQ Assets | EGMNOW

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Not exactly the ideal place I would like to see those franchises go. Ubisoft has gotten progressively worse as a developer, and is oftentimes spread too thin for it's own good. Sure they allowed Farcry the amount of time it needed to be a GOTY candidate, but they also seem to rush out everything else at breakneck pace without care of technical issues, or customer feedback, add in my own personal beef that they have Marcel Anton in Rayman purgatory when he should be making a new Beyond Good and Evil game, and I can't really say I would be too happy with the acquisition of THQ's asset.

The best publisher in recent years at allowing companies to do what they can, to get the most out of their games, has been Square Enix beyond a shadow of a doubt. I would prefer that they make the bid and carry on franchises such as Saints Row, Darksiders, and perhaps some Marvel titles. Hopefully Wada uses his good business since and makes some play on some IPs, and developmental studios (this more so than the IPs, because they can always create new games) and get the most out of those franchises. I sincerely feel that it would be better for all parties involved if it wasn't an Ubisoft, EA, or Activision that ended up with these titles, and that the Square Enix's, Valves, and Rockstars of the world give these people the freedom the need to make the best possible games. Only then, do I think us fans truly win out in this whole THQ debacle.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Banned

I think they acquire THQ's assets sometime later on.

Resident PHD

not Ubisoft. Besides Rayman they don't have a single game worth playing (and even that they are making only for the WIiU now)

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Platinum Dohvakiin

I'm happy somebody is willing to acquire THQ, but not Ubisoft. Sure THQ is in bad need of some help. But they also need to acquired by a company who will help them and their IP's grow, not milk the sh*t out of them. One can only hope that, if Ubisoft is looking into THQ. That other and better developers will also looking into THQ's IP's. And hopefully see some of the IP's as worth saving. But I do have this notion that for some reason EA would love to get there hands on the WWE licenses, just to make their yearly sports games complete.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Ubisoft has gotten progressively worse as a developer.
    Ubisoft is a Chaotic Neutral in my book.

goes insane at times then produces really good stuff

i say go for it, ubisoft is a good company.

Retired

Ubisoft? Overseeing a game like Saints Row? No thanks.

I'm pretty sure WWE will give their license to EA though.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

I hate Ubisoft, they are no better than Activision/IW & their COD crap. All they do is milk the same dam game (Assassins Creed). I really do hate them now.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Woah woah. What's with all the hate on Ubisoft. Just in this generation that have grown in a huge proportion so they must be doing something right. Plus Ubi is always willing to develop on the newest platforms. I say go for it. Do you guys forget Ubi's E3 2012 press conference. It was the clear winner of the show because of all of the awesome games that they showed off. They are a great company and those who say they are milking franchises is dumb. Besides Assassin's Creed and Just Dance, I cannot think of any others. I love how nowadays people think it is basically illegal for big businesses to make money.

Sig by Bladia

Ice Cream Firefighter

Great so if this comes to pass SR4 will require Uplay that will fuck with getting to play MP along with a variety of other ingame problems. Luckily THQ won't be going out of business & just need to get back in the black so hopefully they will sell Ubisoft the games that no-one gives a fuck about.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

PRO Member

Ubisoft is too big for it's own good. Although I'm in love with Far Cry 3 and the earlier Assassin's Creeds, I'm not sure them becoming any bigger would do the industry any good.

I prefer the Saint's Row series to be as ridiculous as possible, and with such a large company behind it, I feel like it would inevitably be watered down to avoid tarnishing their image. It's far better off in the hands of THQ.

As for the other franchises of THQ, I can only say Darksiders is of interest to me, and I can't really see Ubisoft fucking that up too badly. Still prefer THQ sticking it out as long as possible though.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Woah woah. What's with all the hate on Ubisoft. Just in this generation that have grown in a huge proportion so they must be doing something right. Plus Ubi is always willing to develop on the newest platforms. I say go for it. Do you guys forget Ubi's E3 2012 press conference. It was the clear winner of the show because of all of the awesome games that they showed off. They are a great company and those who say they are milking franchises is dumb. Besides Assassin's Creed and Just Dance, I cannot think of any others. I love how nowadays people think it is basically illegal for big businesses to make money.
    They are also the lead producer of shovelware and essentially make a bunch of crap and sell it at modest price. I have seen a lot of parents pick up several 20$ shit games as opposed to 1 good game because of that price.

Also people get on EA and Activisions case for producing the same game over and over but Ubi is the leader in my opinion. Raving Rabbids, Just Dance, Assassin's Creed and all their shovelware games prove my point.

Check Those Corners

Just imagine what Ubisoft could do with all those franchises....
    HomeCreed 2
    WWECreed 14'
    Saints Creed 4

Maybe Ubisofts "originality" can bring new things to these franchises..

Angel of Death

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    not Ubisoft. Besides Rayman they don't have a single game worth playing (and even that they are making only for the WIiU now)
    Assassin's Creed isn't worth playing?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Oh god no, Ubisoft is worthless.

It's like a nightmare come true, Ubisoft is just as bad as EA.
    Truly, we live in the age of shitty games.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    I have always hated the AC series. I beat the first 2 and after that I was done. There are so many better open world games (infamous and prototype for example) that I don't need to bother with AC

Banned

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GO UBI, BEST PUBLISHERS/DEVELOPERS EVER!!!!!!!
    This is awesome news, even though I already read it a few weeks ago lololol

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Ubisoft is pretty much one of the best devs out there dispite their PC gaming stupidity.

They always push tons of love on new platforms. They innovate and try new things. They are forcing hollywood to make good game movies when using their IPs and also make their own movies that are quite good.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Well Ubisoft did buy most of the 3DO IPs including Might and Magic. My thoughts are that M&M is being half utilized. The Heroes one is pretty good job they done with and yes I love Heroes 6 for the record. My disappointment is they need to bring back the RPG which I thought was better. I have yet fully tried Dark Messiah and see how that is. Still Ubisoft is an good fit but realistically EA and Activision would want the Saints Row, and WWE ones unless Ubisoft gets there first.

Someone mentioned Square Enix. They fit well too but the only thing is my concern is that they better use the IPs like the Edios ones they did or else it's wasted.

I'm still interested to see how much of THQ's IPs are on fire sale.
    Lord Fenton
    Gaming since the days of Kings Quest 3

Working On: Dungeon Defenders and Batman:AC(PS3) and Borderlands (PC Steam) til I start round 2 of my BG:EE good guy this time.
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GrimFenton

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    Far Cry 3 is what came to mind instantly when I read this. (I was also a big fan of Far Cry 2, by the by.)

Latest Platinum: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (PSV)
    Next Platinum: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
    Twitter: @JEWombat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast