Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red dead redemption vs Grand Theft Auto IV...

This is a discussion on Red dead redemption vs Grand Theft Auto IV... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; just started this thread because im looking to purchase one of these games on the playstation store soon & im ...

I make lego out of you!

Red dead redemption vs Grand Theft Auto IV...

just started this thread because im looking to purchase one of these games on the playstation store soon & im hoping you guys could give votes or advice on what one to get... im gonna need a lot of votes on here to decide so fire away

Last edited by ROBO3AG13; 12-21-2012 at 03:57 PM.
    Making plat cards

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Both are great but I'm going to go with Read Dead Redemption on this one. The story is a must, & atmosphere is unique. Although some find this game boring (at least compared to GTA) so if your not into all the Wild West crap then stay away but if you are, you'll love it.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Forget I Was Ever Here

RDR complete edition or RDR either way

It is time for me to go underground

I make lego out of you!

2 Red Dead Votes so far...
    Making plat cards

PRO Member

Red Dead by far. Even though Metacritic has it listed as the highest rated game, GTA IV is a joke. It's high score is simply a testament to how pathetic the gaming market was in early 2008. #I'mStillBitterAboutIt...Don'tTouchMe
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

PRO Member

Both are absolutely marvelous games, but I would go with Red Dead. The story is really really good and the shooting is sooooo much better. The only downside is there isn't nearly as much to do in RDR as there is in GTAIV.

Sig by Bladia

I make lego out of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    Red Dead by far. Even though Metacritic has it listed as the highest rated game, GTA IV is a joke. It's high score is simply a testament to how pathetic the gaming market was in early 2008.
    Really! i haven't played it or heard much about GTA IV but bloody hell it sucks that much! ill bare this post in mind
    Making plat cards

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ROBO3AG13 View Post
    Really! i haven't played it or heard much about GTA IV but bloody hell it sucks that much! ill bare this post in mind

nah dude its just his opinion
    Personally I enjoyed GTA IV and I mean a LOT
    Great game to kill time with, but so is Red Dead
    Honestly I would have to say it boils down to what time period you prefer: Modern times or the old west

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ROBO3AG13 View Post
    It's more or less an exaggeration (just like the metacritic score itself). Compared to other GTA games, it has its quirks, which for me, were far too many to put up with to get through the game. Lots of people enjoy it though.

For me, seeing GTA IV at the top of the metacritic heap (which isn't the end all be all, yet is still something) is kind of annoying to me as a gamer. If a community is suppose to come together and celebrate the excellence of gaming, I kind of find it hard to believe they would choose GTA IV, which is why I suggested that it was recognized only because of the other games in the market at the time. But that's the problem with reviews in general - they're not timeless, and even though metacritic is attempting to average out the good and the bad, they only allow one shot review; no amendments or second opinions from the same source.

Red Dead Redemption is not only a great game, yet a great experience. I would also recommend it simply because you can't play it on PC, so may as well pick it up for the PS3. The GotY edition with the original and Undead expansion pack is the way to go.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

PRO Member

I'll go with RDR but both are great!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    Both are great but I'm going to go with Read Dead Redemption on this one. The story is a must, & atmosphere is unique.
    Exactly. RDR was an AMAZING game IMO. I put like 150ish hours into it including DLC lol...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Both good, but Red Dead is absolutely an unmissable experience in my eyes. As many have said, if you even remotely enjoy the old west, give it a shot. However, GTA certainly has a lot more to do, and is probably more RPG-like.

It really depends on what you think you would prefer, but whatever you do, make sure you pick up RDR at some point.

Stacking - Machinarium - Hell Yeah - Cuboid - Critter Crunch - Thomas Was Alone - Contrast

Lvl 6 - Silver

both are good games but I enjoyed red dead redemption more than GTA 4. also undead nightmare is one of the best DLC's for a game I have ever played and highly recommend getting it if you get red dead redemption

Angel of Death

I hate GTA IV. The story is bad, gameplay is boting, graphics are awful, racing is shit, and multiplayer is decent.

Red Dead is amazing. Great story, graphics, and multiplayer.

I make lego out of you!

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    I hate GTA IV. The story is bad, gameplay is boting, graphics are awful, racing is shit, and multiplayer is decent.

Red Dead is amazing. Great story, graphics, and multiplayer.
    with all these votes including yours... it just might be red dead redemption
    Making plat cards

PRO Member

Red Dead Redemption

Both are Rockstar games and both are great.

RDR has a great co-op engine and the game is well designed

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Banned

Red Dead Redemption.

PRO Member

Red Dead Redemption without a doubt I wont get into comparing the 2 its a waist of time. RDR by a long shot is a better all around experience and a must have.

PRO Member

Red Dead Redemption.

End of discussion.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Get Red Dead Redemption (try to get the GOTY) and pass on GTAIV. You're better off buying GTAV when it comes out and playing San Andreas (PS2 Classics on the store if you don't have it) meanwhile.

I'm not gonna spoil anything but Red Dead is a much better game in terms of story and gameplay.
    HOWEVER, if you just like to roam around wrecking stuff then GTAIV would be a better choice, but as I said San Andreas is better than IV anyway.

EDIT: By the way, in case you were wondering, GTAIV probably deserves the score it has on Metacritic, not because it's the best GTA game (which is not), but because the city actually FEELS ALIVE. The city itself is the main attractive of the game, and I'd go as far as to say the setting alone is worth the purchase. Though it has a fair share of glitches and the driving is a lot more "realistic" (I actually enjoyed that) and the cover system has flaws (gameplay overall is improved in Red Dead) it's still a fantastic game. If you do plan to play it someday I'd say play it before Red Dead so you don't feel the differences afterward 8which was my case, i played RDR first and then playing GTA I was like "oh this feels so awkward").

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast