Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your Hardest/Proudest Plat of 2012

This is a discussion on Your Hardest/Proudest Plat of 2012 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Mirror's Edge, Dead Space 2, Shadow of the Colossus....

PRO Member

Mirror's Edge, Dead Space 2, Shadow of the Colossus.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

PRO Member

I just got the Vanquish plat about 10 minutes ago so for me that is mine

Sig by Bladia

The Girl Gamer

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe is the hardest platinum I earned for 2012. Those Kombo challenges were a pain & even rage quit on the game. It's the hardest & proudest platinum that I have earned for 2012.

Killzone 2 will be my 2nd proudest since I did the whole online trophies legit & didn't boost at all. Getting those ribbons legit was very hard. Especially when playing against people who only uses rocket launchers.

Retired...

My hardest/proudest plat of this year has to be Gran Turismo 5 & Battlefield 3.

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

For me it has to be Assassins Creed: Brotherhood. I'm not a big fan of online gaming and when I first started playing it, I did the story and tried the online but gave up on it shortly after that. Earlier this year though, I decided to go back to it and after several organised boosting sessions and working out which bonus's I needed over the course of several weeks btw, I finally got it and jumped for bloody joy when I did

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Angel of Death

Proudest was either God of War III because of that stupid Cerberus boss, or Final Fantasy XIII because it took a long time.

Hardest is World at War, because Veteran is unforgiving; so many 'nades!...

Retired

I started out saying that I'll get a lot of plats this year, not so much, but ehh.. I had much more fun this year.

My hardest would be either Jak II or Dead Nation, Jak II being a pain in an area thanks to the checkpoints, or lack of checkpoints. Dead Nation, because it was really hard, I always liked finishing a game with someone else, thankfully, bnecker helped me .

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Dead Space 2, I believe.

The One and Only

Skyrim is my most proud platinum this year, but I didn't achieve any difficult platinums!

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Mine would have to be Dragon Age: Origins platinum. I started the game back in 2010. It was that freakin Traveler trophy. I did three full playthroughs of that game. If it didn't unlock on my final one I would have given up on it.

Edit: Let's add Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood to the list. I wanted it so bad but Extreme Variety was killing me. So I won't lie, I did boost to get it. There was no other way.

Lvl 6 - Silver

My hardest platinum is Mass Effect 2 since I pick the wrong class for insane mode.
    My proudest platinum is Street Fighter X Tekken since the controls were easy and I didn't have to complete all the trials.

The Incredible Marccap

My plats for this year:
    space
    • Trine 2
    • The Walking Dead
    • Far Cry 3
    • Wonderbook: Book of Spells
    • LA Noire
    • Dishonored
    • Men in Black
    • WWE Legends
    • Transformers FOC
    • Back to the Future
    • Lollipop Chainsaw
    • Harry Potter - Deathly Hallows pt 1
    • Spare Parts
    • Assassins Creed Rev
    • Start the Party
    space
    Far Cry 3 and The Walking Dead have been the most enjoyable!!

Add Me on PSN - Marccap

Royal Flush X2

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Hello all as the year comes to a close I was just wondering what you all thought was your hardest/proudest plat this year?

I know for me the man that encouraged me to get some harder plats was Omnislash. My goal was to get to 100 this year (won't make it ) but I started thinking. I didn't want to reach 100 and have people look at my plats and think the hardest ones were games like Uncharted 2 or No More Heroes.

So in 2012 I set out to find harder games to platinum, and while i never did things like UMVC3 or NGS2 I am happy with some of my games

1. 3D Dot Game Heroes-Between 3 playthroughs (one of them you cannot get hit or you die) and the time trials for the mini games, this has become my hardest and proudest

2. Jak 2-I don't know what Naughty Dog's problem was but they ramped the difficulty up on this one (and lowered it somewhat for the 3rd). Now there is a glitch you can do, but for those of us who did it without the glitch this is one tough

3. Blazblue: Calamity Trigger-Not the hardest fighter to plat, but since I am not great at fighters I took great pride making this one my #50 .

4. EA Sports Active 2-OK this one isn't hard, it is just the longest platinum I have ever done. I am also the 15th achievers of all time and with the online closed down it makes this even rarer.

5. Modnation Racers: Road Trip-While not as hard as its PS3 predecessor, this game still offers a great challenge. Beating the developers time by 200 seconds, completing all the side quests, grinding out 100 000 XP. I am proud to have this racer in my collection

6. Sonic Generations-There are a couple of trophies that make this a challenge. Not getting hit by the final boss and getting S Rank in all levels. I was a Nintendo person growing up, so it was cool to platinum a Sonic game

7. Tales of Graces F-Any RPG provides a lot things to do for a (except Last Rebellion) so for grinding out titles and Inn requests this one deserves a space on the list

8. FFXIII-2-Not as time consuming as XIII but I found it harder. Some of the enemies were tougher to beat making "beat every enemy in the game" a harder trophy than treasure hunter. I know some people voted this game Easy, but honestly if you guys weren't using Davey's guide would you have still voted it easy?

9. Getting all God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter and Uncharted plats. Some Sony's best IPs and I finally platted all of them this year . Not overly hard, but still a cool achievement.

So that is it for me, what are some of your guys' achievements this year?
    Thanks buddy great thread you made.

Anyhow I do have several plus 2 more hopefully before the year ends

1. Utlimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 . I knew this was going to be challenging but wow this was extreme hard as I had very little experience in this franchise. Online I got my ass kicked so bad that I had to boost getting to 6th rank but later on in the year on a different account I did earn my way to 6th lord and now would say I good enough to have good matches with Dr._Doom from this site. What really made this plat challenging was the missions or combo challenges and even now some of those are still really freakin hard. This is for now my 2nd best plat.

2. Twisted Metal: Ok this one wasn't hard for me as this was just a game that I was very good but what makes this special is that it's a extremely rare plat to own but mostly because this game has so many trophy glitches but I had no problems. Maybe because I earned them and not boosted. Also what makes this even more special for me is that I'm 1st in the world to earn this platinum so it feels good to have a # 1 spot to this extremely Ultra Rare

3. Ninja Gaiden 3: This was no where near the level of NGS2 in difficulty but still was a pretty challenging plat to get. Master Ninja mode did have some cheap spots that will make you rage but only back then as more weapons came out to make it easier but when I did it just the Dragon Sword. The online co-op missions where the challenge was but again no where near the difficulty of NGS2 but a couple of them were still a challenge but the glitches that are against you do make frustrating.

4. COD: World at War: I've heard of all the grenade spamming and wow this was hard. IMO hardest COD game to because of all the grenade spamming and endless of amount of enemies in some parts.

5. Jak II. Like Mayus said if you do this game without the orb glitch then it's a challenge with getting gold time on those races. They were really hard and even had me rage a little but the worst was the 1st ring race with all the fat people getting in your way.

6. eh I guess Dark Souls: Sure it was tough as expected and long too but it's not that hard IMO but was a fun game.

Now these 2 games I hope to have plat before the year ends so I'll make a quick mention of them

Doom 3 BFG Edition: Nightmare mode is hard but because your health drops to 25 % and that means your dead in one hit until you can find a medic station or use the soul cube but your health will drop fast and there is no pickup health packs. What makes really hellish is that when you die l it's a minute of loading time so you die 1 min of loading, start up die quick and another minute of loading time

Street Fighter IV: Everyone knows about how hard the trials are and once you learn how the game works, the normal trials are pretty easy but the hard trials are very very hard. I have them done so now just need to get the titles which take forever but will have this and will become my new #2

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I didn't really get any hard plats (some would argue I have none). But I'm most proud of Infamous this year, was a lot of fun, right up until I had to find all the blast shards. Admittedly not as hard as some have said, but still a bit monotonous (plus I think all that stick clicking killed my controller)

Stacking - Machinarium - Hell Yeah - Cuboid - Critter Crunch - Thomas Was Alone - Contrast

Local Drunk

Don't have any hard plats. My proudest plat is Rugby League Live because it's rare.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

PRO Member

It must to b Borderlands 4 me yes because i have never enjoyed a FPS game b4 and to platting it just wow

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Pancake Model View Post
    I don't have any hard plats
    But my proudest is Dragon's Dogma, I love that game.
    Yeah i am proud of my Dragon's Dogma plat still it might not be hard but it wasn't easy either lol.

'You're a soldier! Finish your mission! Show your loyalty! Face me.'

Lvl 7 - Gold

Ac3 platinum- Going to get it now last trophy left Encyclopedia of common man. I found this to be a relatively challenging plat because of the bloody original gamer trophy and also because of some of the optional objectives which were bullshit and also not to mention the irritating glitches.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Hardest Plat for me so far is this:

Proudest between these 2 :

Avy and Sig By Pixie of Darkness

Lvl 7 - Gold

My top 3 are Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Just Cause 2.

Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas - I put a lot of time into those games (played them fully, not just for the trophy) and am just . They were far from hard, but I am proud of those platinums because not everyone is able to go the distance with games as expansive and in-depth as the Fallouts.

Just Cause 2 - It wasn't "hard" as in difficulty, but damn were all of those collectibles time consuming and it became so monotomous that it was hard to stick with it and finish off the platinum.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast