Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your Hardest/Proudest Plat of 2012

This is a discussion on Your Hardest/Proudest Plat of 2012 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Metal Gear Solid 4, by a mile. It's the one game I wanted to have trophies for over four years...Despite ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Metal Gear Solid 4, by a mile. It's the one game I wanted to have trophies for over four years...Despite it having less than 35 trophies, it was still worth the wait. It was also my 40th plat on the PS3, and 4th MGS game plat in a year span. Probably will stand as my favorite Plat on the PS3 to date.

Looks like you need my help--Again...
    Games Beaten: 434 (As of March 7, 2014)

PRO Member

My plats this year

Toggle Spoiler

I'm proud of all them fighting plats, obviously but the top 3 that were difficult and proudest have to be..

Arcana Heart 3 - I heard how difficult it was but I didn't really think it was that hard, there are a few hard trophies but I was able to plat it in 1 day and 5 hours making me the fastest achiever

Ninja Gaiden 3 - The game is easier than NGS2 but it's full of glitches!! The plat really wasn't a problem, it was the damn glitches that stopped me many times from beating this... also the plat is a fucking joke compared to 100% plus the glitches you can imagine how much of a pain 100% is!

Battle Fantasia - I really enjoyed this game! It was simple and easy to learn how to fight, the trophies were cool too but the only trophy that was difficult and annoying was the You Want ME To WHAT? You Want Me To WHAT? (Battle Fantasia) - PS3Trophies only 20 on this site have got that trophy.

Sig by Smashguy

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Demon's Souls and Shadow of the Colossus for me. The latter is because of the infamously difficult Hard Time Trial #3, or I believe that number was. Demon's Souls needs no self-explanation. I wish I could finish off Vanquish's last trophy so that I can add it to this 2-game list, but hey, I am not really in any need for more stress over its tactical challenges.
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

Out of the 14 plats this year, I'm probably proudest of 3:

1. Motorstorm: Pacific Rift - Hard on the later stages and thankfully managed to get the online trophies done before the plug was pulled on the servers. Never thought I was going to get this plat, it was one of the first games I put into the PS3 and never planned on trophy hunting back then. Still a few more dlc trophies for 100%, but I'm holding them off for now.

2. Brutal Legend - Online was a mess, disconnections and not being able to find other players. 70+% save game bug was annoying too for tracking the many collectibles in the game.

3. Yakuza 3 - Tough and long plat. Game itself wasn't hard, but some of the mini games were hellish to clear 100%. As an extra bonus, I got the plat on 29th February, so it's my leap-year plat

Other noteworthy mentions:

Bulletstorm - Finally got around to the online trophies, and anarchy master is pretty tough to get coordinated without a headset.
    Dead Nation - Sleeper hit, took me by surprise. Harder difficulties were quite challenging.
    Killzone 3 - While much easier than 2, the very last on rails section was ridiculous and had me restarting for a couple of hours.

Lastly, I'm pretty proud for sticking to my 1 plat a month goal. Actually got 14 instead of my target of 12 this year (and maybe I can squeeze a quick one in before new year)

timezone: GMT+7 ⌋ // ⌈ blind PSN friend requests are ignored

Lvl 9 - Gold

black ops 2 there are other hard ones but this 1 is my current rarest plat in my list

Lvl 1 - Bronze

GTA4

FF13

Nier

PRO Member

My hardest Platinum this year was probably InFamous 2, not a hard one but I didn't have too many hard ones this year.
    My proudest was definitely Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken. I had just come home from a hospital with multiple right forearm fractures from a fall that morning and was looking at surgery in a week's time. Against my own better judgement and with possible risk of further injury, I calmed myself the best way I knew how: finishing the last 3 trophies needed for Platinum. I'm proud of the fact that despite the pain and swelling in my arm as well as the risk of further injury, I scored Platinum on an underrated gem. What should have been the worst day of my life was one of the best.

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

Lvl 4 - Silver

My most proud is Wipeout 2048 I think. Not as hard as Wipeout HD, which i haven't tried.

Quote Originally Posted by A random guy on youtube
    If you want to marry a Korean woman, you will have to beat their father in StarCraft first \(-.-\)

PRO Member

None of my plats in 2012 were 'hard', and I can't say I feel pride from any trophies.

I will say that Far Cry 3 was the most enjoyable ride out of all of them though. So much fun running over animals.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

PRO Member

Since I only got 3, I would say it would be World at War. Not enjoyable at all but it is satisfying to have it.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Star Ocean 4 The Last Hope just got the Plat today

The Deathly Rhythm

CoD Black Ops and FIFA 12 is the only game I can think of, I didn't plat alot of games this year and the plats I did were kinda easy
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Dull Ember

9 this year
    bioshock gave me most satisfaction

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

PES 2012 was challenging as feck, mainly because i didn't take the easy shortcuts available, been playing PES for over a decade and always play on the hardest difficulty no matter what. Felt very happy to get it as the older games trophies were cheap and practically impossible unless you boosted them.

I will look to add PES 2013 to the list next year.

Skyrim was second, so deeply engrossed in playing it i barely registered how many trophies i had but it was a joy to secure them.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Probably Demon's Souls. The game itself isn't very hard but some stuff is hard to get, like the Pure Bladestone or some other stones you can only get from the lizards.
    But I'd say it's my proudest Plat of the year since it is a really, really good game.

Mass Effect 2 was also hard to get because of Insanity.
    Though compared to the other people in here I feel so mediocre...

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 3 - Bronze

crysis 2 Took me 1year to get dedication trophy

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hardest-Ghost Recon Future Soldier
    Proudest-Battlefield 3

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Out of the 34 platinums I got this year Call of Duty World at War was defenitly the hardest. My proudest was getting the platinums in all 4 Uncharted games and LA Noire since those games are special to me.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Dragonball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi or FIFA 12

Lvl 2 - Bronze

dark souls just because of the time. I've never found a game that you had to grind so much to be enjoyable, but somehow it is.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast