Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your Hardest/Proudest Plat of 2012

This is a discussion on Your Hardest/Proudest Plat of 2012 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hello all as the year comes to a close I was just wondering what you all thought was your hardest/proudest ...

Resident PHD

Your Hardest/Proudest Plat of 2012

Hello all as the year comes to a close I was just wondering what you all thought was your hardest/proudest plat this year?

I know for me the man that encouraged me to get some harder plats was Omnislash. My goal was to get to 100 this year (won't make it ) but I started thinking. I didn't want to reach 100 and have people look at my plats and think the hardest ones were games like Uncharted 2 or No More Heroes.

So in 2012 I set out to find harder games to platinum, and while i never did things like UMVC3 or NGS2 I am happy with some of my games

1. 3D Dot Game Heroes-Between 3 playthroughs (one of them you cannot get hit or you die) and the time trials for the mini games, this has become my hardest and proudest

2. Jak 2-I don't know what Naughty Dog's problem was but they ramped the difficulty up on this one (and lowered it somewhat for the 3rd). Now there is a glitch you can do, but for those of us who did it without the glitch this is one tough

3. Blazblue: Calamity Trigger-Not the hardest fighter to plat, but since I am not great at fighters I took great pride making this one my #50 .

4. EA Sports Active 2-OK this one isn't hard, it is just the longest platinum I have ever done. I am also the 15th achievers of all time and with the online closed down it makes this even rarer.

5. Modnation Racers: Road Trip-While not as hard as its PS3 predecessor, this game still offers a great challenge. Beating the developers time by 200 seconds, completing all the side quests, grinding out 100 000 XP. I am proud to have this racer in my collection

6. Sonic Generations-There are a couple of trophies that make this a challenge. Not getting hit by the final boss and getting S Rank in all levels. I was a Nintendo person growing up, so it was cool to platinum a Sonic game

7. Tales of Graces F-Any RPG provides a lot things to do for a (except Last Rebellion) so for grinding out titles and Inn requests this one deserves a space on the list

8. FFXIII-2-Not as time consuming as XIII but I found it harder. Some of the enemies were tougher to beat making "beat every enemy in the game" a harder trophy than treasure hunter. I know some people voted this game Easy, but honestly if you guys weren't using Davey's guide would you have still voted it easy?

9. Getting all God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter and Uncharted plats. Some Sony's best IPs and I finally platted all of them this year . Not overly hard, but still a cool achievement.

So that is it for me, what are some of your guys' achievements this year?

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Game on....

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

All out of bubblegum.....

Splatterhouse for me... some people found it easy, but I just couldnt do the arena's. took a few months off of it... and made the Wickerman arena my bitch. Also my first plat for Sega Genesis Collection... wasnt a hard one at all, actually quite easy, but the fact I made a decision to start trophy hunting, and get those trophies with no help.... GO ME!
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Change is mediocre

This year I've gotten my two hardest platinums, Twisted Metal and Metal of Honor: Warfighter. Choosing between the two is hard...

NCBE

I don't consider it hard, but the Platinum I'm proud to have is Infamous 2 (it's on my old PSN).
    Made by DaRe

Legalize it...

Id go with either Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD because I love those games so much or Little Big Planet Vita since it was my first Vita plat...

Lvl 9 - Gold

My hardest/proudest plat of this year has to be Command & Conquer - took me well over a year to plat it, and it's not often seen around these parts. I was hoping to have GTA IV done this year as well, but that'll have to be in 2013.

Winter Is Coming

Final Fantasy XIII

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

Lvl 2 - Bronze

for me its vanquish unless I'm able to plat ngs2 before the end of the year

Lvl 2 - Bronze

It's kind of hard to say... I really enjoyed MGS2 and MGS4. I had Dark Souls waiting sinse launch and wanted to get it out of the way and when I finally got into properly playing the game with my friend it was fun I also got PAYDAY: The Heist platinum which was a blast.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Assassins Creed 3 was the hardest for me ( F U 9 man morris! ) but i had a great time getting the platinum on Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

proudest would probably be dead space 2 since i was scared off of hardcore mode for almost a year before i actually attempted it and found it to be not as hard as everyone was saying it was

hardest was probably jak 2 since i couldnt even finish the game when it originally came out, never even tried jak 3 until i got the collection since i figured it would be just as impossible as the 2nd one

Prayer Warrior

my hardest plat was bionic commando. it was easy for some but dang it playing on the hardest difficulty was brutal for me. and my proudest plat would be the bigs 2. only 17 people registered to the site have it and i'm one of them.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Death to zombies!!

Demons Souls i guess

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Ice Cream Firefighter

That would be Prototype 1, I finally got it oh yeah

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 2 - Bronze

My proudest would be Rainbow Moon all that monster grinding was nuts and Dungeon Hunters Alliance for the vita playing through the game 3 times killed me.

PRO Member

Even though I have got my share of easy ones this year I do have some I am proud of and I am making a goal for 2013 to either do some harder games or finally sit own and do a time consuming rpg.

2012 highlights for me.
    1. Battlefield Bad Co. 2. (did it without boosting)
    2. Batman Arkham Asylum Even though I didn't find it as hard as I was expecting it still presented a challenge and is a satisfying plat.
    3. Little Big Planet Started it back in June 2010 and Finally went back and aced all the levels and cleaned up the other trophies I needed.
    4. Medal Of Honor. I did have to boost Fire controller and a couple other Mp trophies but with Tier one mode it was enough of a challenge to make it a satisfying plat.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

★ Extra Astronomical ★

I don't have any hard plats
    But my proudest is Dragon's Dogma, I love that game.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It wasnt hard but i was definately proud of my Skyrim plat.

Up the Irons!

Hands-down, Killzone 2.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast