Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should I buy a PlaystationPlus pass?

This is a discussion on Should I buy a PlaystationPlus pass? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hello everyone, so I'm Hero Of Kvatch, named after the hero of th legendary elder scrolls game oblivion, and I ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Should I buy a PlaystationPlus pass?

Hello everyone, so I'm Hero Of Kvatch, named after the hero of th legendary elder scrolls game oblivion, and I would like to become a real trophyhunter. Now to do so you need games, lots of games and that costs money, lots of money.

Now I've seen playstation doing a lot of marketing about 'PlaystationPlus' and that seems super!
    A one year pass for 38 euros and you get over 64 free games to download and lots of extras, but it just sounds too good...
    I mean those games are worth 640 euros if they would all cost 10 and I just have to pay 38?

So I'm searching around to learn more about this because the PSstore has a lot of "buy now" marks but not much "learn more" and I would appreciate it if some people who are also on this site could help me with some questions

Is a 1 year pass worth it?
    can I download as much as I want?
    Do I need to buy storage room?
    are there some dangerous things between the lines in the small letters?
    there are probably a lot more questions I have but don't know them right now anyhow thanks to everyone who wants to help

Lvl 10 - Platinum

yes
    yes
    only if your harddrive is small
    not that i know of

get it if you like free stuff, i have gotten so many free games over the last six months that i probably havent had the chance to play about 20 of them

Proud Greek Gamer

For me,it is worth it.You get 1 GB of save games for free (which never goes full) and a lot of good stuff for free or discounted.Go ahead mate,you can get whatever you want from it and there are no dangers.

Signature and Avatar made by the awesome TheGeneral09

Prayer Warrior

playstation plus is the best thing ever. it's so good in fact that i have 2 plus accts. 1 US and 1 UK. so i get double the goodies. it's freaking awesome. as long as you have a hard drive big enough to support all the downloads or you get creative with managing your downloads then you'll be fine. there are no dangers and you can download all the free stuff you want. it's really fantastic. like i said it's so fantastic i have 2 plus accts from 2 different regions because they offer different stuff.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

NCBE

For the overall question, my answer is a yes.
    Made by DaRe

Lvl 1 - Bronze

ok then, 1st i think another thanks is in order
    uhm I still have an old 2006 (yes the very first!) Ps3 with 80G and I think that one of these days he'll be full
    still I have a harddrive for uhm "legally" downloading movies that has the capacity of one TB, can I if the time comes copy al my files to that drive and access it when needed?

if so then from now on call me a PSPlus member
    if not isn't that much of a difference I guess, then i delete the install data and redownload when needed

I know what I want for christmas

Lvl 1 - Bronze

is this a serious thread ???

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Shaunsta View Post
    is this a serious thread ???
    Yes it's serious because it's an honest question for a person who's never had PS+ before

To the OP: Hell yeah PS+ is well worth it. On top of everything everyone else said, you can get exclusive access to betas before they go public. I got the PS All-Stars Battle Royale's multiplayer beta thanks to PS+, and I also got into the LBP karting beta thanks to PS+. A good time to get it because who knows what next years lineup of free games will be. This years lineup was pretty damn good (Infamous 2, Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine, LBP2, Bioshock, RE5 Gold Edition to name a few for the NA PS+ subscribers). So, I say go for it man, you won't regret it. Also, when your subscription is about to expire, you can add money to your PSN wallet via PSN cards, and you can renew your subscription with that.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yup, for 38 Euros (50 USD) it's a steal, not only for the free games, but even some of the discounts. The best part, it's not JUST for PS3 games, but for the whole lot of VITA games they have out free, like Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

Looks like you need my help--Again...
    Games Beaten: 434 (As of March 7, 2014)

Lvl 7 - Gold

Yes. You will thank all of us who said yes later.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

I make lego out of you!

fuck yeah, go for it you won't regret it... its

Toggle Spoiler

Making plat cards

Chocobo Master

You should really get it. There some games that I didn't want to get because of the high price for them but when I had gotten the PS+ subscription I was able to get those games that I wanted to play for free. Some of the free games trash for most people but enjoyable for the rest. If you ever need to reboot your PS3, then you put all your files on the cloud. You get free avy's also.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

PRO Member

yes, get it it's though i'm starting to run low on Hard drive space

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I am going to give you some advice. YES buy it. Believe me some of the stuff they put free and if it's really good it can get you to buy the DLC/Add-ons. For instance I discovered how good The Walking Dead comic game is despite my avoid almost anything with an license type of mentality. Still the storage space is tops along with the free stuff for PS 3 and PS Vita is an bonus.
    Lord Fenton
    Gaming since the days of Kings Quest 3

Working On: Dungeon Defenders and Batman:AC(PS3) and Borderlands (PC Steam) til I start round 2 of my BG:EE good guy this time.
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GrimFenton

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I was skeptical at first but I simply can't believe the constant stream of free games. Quality ones also, not the crap throwaways.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'm gonna say no, but only to the exact question you asked. Don't buy a PS+ Pass. Buy a normal $50/$38 euros card, or whatever, with PSN credit. Redeem that, THEN buy PS+. There have been a lot of promotions lately for "buy X amount, get X amount back", and using the PS+ pass doesn't count. So, in my opinion, people should get in the habit of buying the PSN credit codes rather than ever bothering with the PS+ codes.

But to your general question, yeah... if you just want more games to get more trophies from, then PS+ will set you up.

PRO Member

I should already know this but I'll ask anyway

My brother and I have separate accounts on PS3. If one of us buys a PS+ Pass, can we both play the games? Also do you need a credit card for the pass?

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    I should already know this but I'll ask anyway

My brother and I have separate accounts on PS3. If one of us buys a PS+ Pass, can we both play the games? Also do you need a credit card for the pass?
    The game is downloaded to the hard drive then yes you can swap back and forth between accounts. Just like game sharing. If you have a friend who shares his account info you can download all of their games as well.(highly recommend not doing this unless you actually know the person and they are trustworthy)

Rangers F.C

I prefer to just get the 90 day pass and when it runs out decide if there has been enough new content added before l buy my next 90 day pass , if you also own a Vita it is a no brainer .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

PRO Member

Oh yes i have 2 plus accounts just coz PLUS service is an epic offer that every1 that can allow it should own it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast