Crysis 2 Language Question

This is a discussion on Crysis 2 Language Question within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I bought Crysis 2 today while overseas and on the back of the box the language states that it's Italian. ...

Deathless Destroyer

Crysis 2 Language Question

I bought Crysis 2 today while overseas and on the back of the box the language states that it's Italian. When I put the disc in my PS3 when I get back (which is set to Australian region), will the game fully run in English or am I stuck with Italian language until I change the disc?
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

PRO Member

It depends on the game, I believe. There are some that have your default language (English, Spanish, German, etc) but allow in game language to be changed. Others are programmed to only allow the set language. Hopefully your game will allow you to change.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'm pretty sure you can choose.
    I have Uncharted 3 and Killzone 3 with the Spanish covers (Latin American Spanish by the way) but you can choose the language. I think every game has at least English, even if they're the Italian versions. After all a BluRay has a lot of space so they wouldn't have a problem including more languages (and since English is the "original" language, the one the game was originally made in, it should have it as an option).

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can choose.
    I have Uncharted 3 and Killzone 3 with the Spanish covers (Latin American Spanish by the way) but you can choose the language. I think every game has at least English, even if they're the Italian versions. After all a BluRay has a lot of space so they wouldn't have a problem including more languages (and since English is the "original" language, the one the game was originally made in, it should have it as an option).
    So I'm good to go to play the game in English so long as my PS3 is set to English?
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    So I'm good to go to play the game in English so long as my PS3 is set to English?
    You should. As always there are some games that get installed in the language you have your console set to, like Dead Space 2, I had my console in Spanish and it installed in Spanish, it was horrible and I had to uninstall in order to change the language.
    But there are also games that let you choose at first and then you can't change it (like Killlzone 2), and then there's the coolest kind of game, that changes languages according to your console's settings, like Little Big Planet, Borderlands or Gran Turismo V.

I don't own Crysis 2 but even if it's any of the above as long as your console is set to English you'll be fine.
    Last edited by johnny_leyenda; 12-24-2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: typo

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 5 - Silver

Im pretty sure you get a language selection when you start up crysis 2. Im not 100% percent on that because its been so long since i played it but if it doesnt give you the option you might be able to change it in the opinions menu.

Awesome Sig by Curse

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by xENDZEITx View Post
    Im pretty sure you get a language selection when you start up crysis 2. Im not 100% percent on that because its been so long since i played it but if it doesnt give you the option you might be able to change it in the opinions menu.
    There is an opinion menu? How does that work?

Anyway on an earlier trip a couple of years back I remember going to a shop and looking at inFamous II. When I decided to play a bit of it while I was there, I quit the game and changed the system language, then went back to it and it was in English.