Why so much Hate over Mass effect 3 endings

This is a discussion on Why so much Hate over Mass effect 3 endings within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I just beat Mass effect 3 and got the destruction ending . I really don't understand why people were complaining ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Why so much Hate over Mass effect 3 endings

I just beat Mass effect 3 and got the destruction ending . I really don't understand why people were complaining about the ending in Mass effect 3 I thought it was pretty cool. what did you guys think of the ending. If you hate it why do u hate it.

KCCO!

Is this the first time you've beaten it? Did you download the "additional" ending DLC BioWare offered for free?

PRO Member

I have yet to play it. From what I remember after the game came out, it was the way the game supposedly ended before. From what others were saying on the net, the ending left the game open for a 4th game to be released although ME3 was supposed to be the final game in the saga. Bioware put out free DLC for 3 elongated endings to help bring closure to it.

Here is an article if you want to read about it:
    New Mass Effect 3 Endings Don't Bring Closure - Speakeasy - WSJ
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanchan View Post
    Is this the first time you've beaten it? Did you download the "additional" ending DLC BioWare offered for free?
    I beat it for the first time but i think i downloaded the extra dlc what was the additional ending?

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggy2872 View Post
    I have yet to play it. From what I remember after the game came out, it was the way the game supposedly ended before. From what others were saying on the net, the ending left the game open for a 4th game to be released although ME3 was supposed to be the final game in the saga. Bioware put out free DLC for 3 elongated endings to help bring closure to it.

^^ Pretty much, this. I suspect the OP is playing the extended DLC endings, hence why he doesn't understand the frustration that came with the original endings. The new endings do a nice job of closing the series out imo.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Oh okay but you should play it soon Its an amazing game

Lvl 7 - Gold

^^ Pretty much, this. I suspect the OP is playing the extended DLC endings, hence why he doesn't understand the frustration that came with the original endings. The new endings do a nice job of closing the series out imo.
    Okay what was the original ending then is it available on youtube

PRO Member

Here ya go...original vs DLC

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KZKwLym9Aik
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 7 - Gold

I didnt play the extended cut dlc ending because i just checked the ending out on youtube i dont have the last part so i played the normal cut i find nothing wrong going to the store now to download the extended cut dlc

Lvl 7 - Gold

Here ya go...original vs DLC

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KZKwLym9Aik
    thanks managed to find another video with just the extended cut dlc ending but this comparison tells me the differences thanks

KCCO!

Well, not EVERYONE hated the original ending. I thought it was mediocre; I wasn't up-in-arms like a lot of die-hard ME fans were. The extended ending was refreshing, though. I did my Insanity run after they released it, so I got to experience both the old ending and the new one. The old one just let too many questions unanswered that the new one kindly answered for us.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Well, not EVERYONE hated the original ending. I thought it was mediocre; I wasn't up-in-arms like a lot of die-hard ME fans were. The extended ending was refreshing, though. I did my Insanity run after they released it, so I got to experience both the old ending and the new one. The old one just let too many questions unanswered that the new one kindly answered for us.
    Yeah i just watched the extended ending. It is indeed better and answers a few questions but honestly the original ending wasnt so bad for people to rage like that after watching both endings i think the original ending was okay and the extended cut was better. Going to download this before starting insanity.

Lvl 6 - Silver

people cried because they're self entitled babies.... the folks who made the ME series have every right to end their shit any way they see fit... the ending was a perfect way to end a wonderful trilogy

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by badreligionbomb View Post
    people cried because they're self entitled babies.... the folks who made the ME series have every right to end their shit any way they see fit... the ending was a perfect way to end a wonderful trilogy
    Exactly people are just retarded

Rangers F.C

My memory is terrible sometimes and can't remember what happened but I do remember I did not have a problem with it .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Ice Cream Firefighter

I haven't played it yet but Ps360 filled me in a while ago without using spoilers......The ending of Mass Effect 3 angered long time fans of the game because the ending was a WTF moment & didn't line up very well with what the 3 games had led players to think would happen. Ps360 explained it better but you get the point.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

PRO Member

Yea people were Angry as hell over the ending lol! When I beat 3 I found the ending completely forgetable. Im having trouble thinking of it now.I wasnt upset about it though. Its very hard to end such an epic series but man they didnt even try thats just my opinion. Perhaps if they didnt have the B.S. online shit they would have had the resources to attempt a Blockbuster ending. Either way its Devs choice to do what they like with the game and fans choice to be outraged about everthing that is not exactly what they want.
    Last edited by Tmac718; 12-27-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Because it's the cool thing to do. Too many hipsters jumped on the hate train. Or, people didn't put in a little afterthought and give their own meaning to the events.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE