Homefront + Problems!

This is a discussion on Homefront + Problems! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I have noticed that this game isn't to old and it got problems beyond older games. The game got many ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Homefront + Problems!

I have noticed that this game isn't to old and it got problems beyond older games. The game got many glitches and freezing during single player and in multiplayer game. Does anyone know why was this game quickly abandoned by the makers and yet the price of this game is $20 but it should be $5 due to its unfixed problems. I see that THQ had made this game and I was also wondering if its even worth buying their upcoming games because what I saw in Homefront game was upsetting I wanted to throw this game into Pacific Ocean!!.

PRO Member

I personally didn't have many problems with my copy of Homefront. There was a few cases of lag/glitch issues online but otherwise it ran fine.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Kid, not loser

t wasn't too bad for me but I knew some trophies did glitch for some. I know that the developer was abandoned shortly after the games release so this is more of why it isn't fixed. Idk if there was a dev team to still support it or not either, but it more than likely will never be fixed up now. So lets just hope that Crytek does a great job for the second one, and THQ are still in support of them doing it.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    t wasn't too bad for me but I knew some trophies did glitch for some. I know that the developer was abandoned shortly after the games release so this is more of why it isn't fixed. Idk if there was a dev team to still support it or not either, but it more than likely will never be fixed up now. So lets just hope that Crytek does a great job for the second one, and THQ are still in support of them doing it.
    I hadn't heard anything about the 2nd one. I thought it got put on the shelf. If there is a new one, I really hope the campaign is longer and they expand on the MP.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I asked around many people and had the same problem what freaked me out 1 time and 1 time only when i played on Multiplayer game I saw purple lines everywhere i was like wtf. My disc was new had no scratch or anything so I only blame how the game was made and never fixed. If other people have the same problem how is it the disc fault when clearly the makers abandoned the game itself.

P.S: I'm still going to throw this game into Pacific Ocean once i get the 'Expert of War' Trophy. : )

PRO Member

I gave up platting it after i got glitched from level 43 to level 50 with no trophy pop. Joined a game and bam...I am level 50. Was not at all happy.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

You know there is a way around that. What i did was delete the profile data and then i was back at lvl 1 so then every time i jumped to lvl 50 or 75 i press the 'PS' button its the button in between select and start. So after i glitched i press that button right away and quit then I start the game again and if the glitch still there i pressed the ps again and quit. I did that until it goes back to normal. And i used usb to save the lvls just in case i make a mistake. following these steps you will reach lvl 50 at 1 point.

Since Aug. 09

my game was unplayable when i first got it, then a patch came and it was 80% better. just playable enough to plat. i bought it brand new and was very pissed about the problems. i heard thq was going bankrupt...they fkn deserve it. i had major freeze issues by the way, it froze no matter what when i entered a mp lobby.

Dominate!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by kiona05 View Post
    my game was unplayable when i first got it, then a patch came and it was 80% better. just playable enough to plat. i bought it brand new and was very pissed about the problems. i heard thq was going bankrupt...they fkn deserve it. i had major freeze issues by the way, it froze no matter what when i entered a mp lobby.
    Is their stupid mistakes even legal they sell a broken game to people and they still make games.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I kind of enjoyed playing Homefront, I was struck with the annoying glitch that completely reset my multiplayer progress. I'd done everything other than the last two mulitplayer trophies. I couldn't bring myself to restart it.

The Single player was a little poor in areas but i've played worse.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Homefront Trophies needs to be removed from PS3 because they are very impossible to get.

Since Aug. 09

Quote Originally Posted by web1017 View Post
    Homefront Trophies needs to be removed from PS3 because they are very impossible to get.
    it was impossible when the constant freezing was going on, definitly doable now. homefront is still my rarest plat.

Dominate!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Is there way to report this to PlayStation and have them remove it because owners abandoned the game so they wont care. If they say something they should start by explaining how the problems going to be fixed.

Lvl 9 - Gold

maybe i havent experienced these glitches cuz i dont have the battlecode and played like 20 minutes of multiplayer. as for the campaign, ive had no issues