What do you do after a trophy glitches?

This is a discussion on What do you do after a trophy glitches? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; While playing a game, you fulfill the requirements for a trophy and it glitches on you, what do you? This ...

PRO Member

What do you do after a trophy glitches?

While playing a game, you fulfill the requirements for a trophy and it glitches on you, what do you? This came to mind for me after talking about Homefront.

I had hit level 50 which was need for the Over The Hill trophy. The trophy decided to glitch and not pop. I quit out of the game, logged out of PSN and retried. Still nothing. At that point, I was done with the game and any other trophies I needed.

Just wondering if you guys would/have gone back through everything toget the trophy, gave up completely on the game and all other trophies or if you collected what trophies you could even though you knew the was unattainable now or would take a ton of hours.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Ice Cream Firefighter

I first look for a glitch fix, if none then I contact customer support & try to report it & find out if there will be a glitch fix.

If the game is enjoyable I have no problem doing it again if it's not enjoyable, I cuss to myself about having to do it & I start looking at enemies like they are nothing more then shitbags.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 7 - Gold

Depends The tooled up trophy glitched on me in crysis 2 and i had to reboot and play all the way back to lvl 45 and i actually did it because i had no other game to play at that time but if i had a huge backlog of games to play like i do now i would have given up on the platinum most likely. Anyways hopefully there is a fix for your trophy

★ Extra Astronomical ★

I'd find a way to get the plat, no matter what.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

It depends on the game and if I'm going for platinum or not. If I am, then I care.

Saints Row IV

Look for solution on the internet.........
    If you do the solution and still doesn't work,swear like you never did and BURN that shit
    Crysis 2, i am LOOKING at YOU!
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 1 - Bronze

If the glitch meant i would have to a shit load again(even if the game was enjoyable) then i would just say fuck it.
    Trophies should be enjoyable to unlock/earn,if its a grind or isn't fun then i wont go for them.

PRO Member

I've only had one trophy glitch on me so far. I deleted and reinstalled the game data and it popped. If that hadn't worked though i probably wouldn't have that platinum, i don't think i could've ever brought myself to play through it again

Buy my book, Alteration

I keep fighting. The only glitched trophies for me are the final 2 in Twisted Metal. I know they'll pop eventually, but no one's ever on to boost anymore, so I'm in dismay. The bad part is I want TM to be my 50th plat, so being locked out of that plat is just really getting to me.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

NCBE

I usually just try and still obtain the trophy, if I'm still failing, I search for the reason why the trophy is glitched?
    Made by DaRe

Lvl 6 - Silver

I just keep playing the game until it unlocks. If nothing happens just have to start over from the beginning (while following the trophy guide).

PRO Member

It happened to me once in Nier with the endings trophies I had to replay twice to get them

Up the Irons!

It depends; if the trophy was difficult or was a grind, then I rage and move on. If it is something fast and/or fun, then I have no problem retrying to see if it unlocks. If it won't unlock after multiple tries, I just move on. I only rage if I really want the platinum (damn you various trophies in NBA Live 10, I really want that plat).

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Angel of Death

Depends on what the trophy was, and it depends if I found a fix online or not. If it's story related, I'll just go through the game again. If it requires a grind, it depends on the game.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I've been pretty damn lucky when it comes to trophies that glitch. In fact, I'd say fear of glitches have been more of an issue than actual glitches.

For example, it took me a long time to plat GTA IV due to the horror stories behind AWP trophy and the amount of work it took to get the Wanted trophy. I didn't want to boost to level 10 only to get the other trophy glitching on me. When I finally went for both, AWP popped exactly when it was supposed to, and I got Wanted a couple weeks later.

I did have a game glitch on me after getting a trophy though. I currently sit one trophy away from the WWE '13 platinum, which is for reaching the highest rank online. My problem is that after I reached Rank 10 and got the trophy for that, the online server reset my rank back to 4. Not a trophy glitch per se, but I have no desire to try again for the last trophy, as I lost 2 weeks worth of points, and still would have had a month to go. The company doesn't even know why it's happening and can't provide any idea of when or if they'll fix the problem. It's THQ, who just filed for bankruptcy. The only way to make sure the rank doesn't get reset would be to leave my PS3 online for the entire time it takes me to get the max rank.

So I walked away, maybe if I get a second copy I could self boost in a few days instead of weeks, but for now the game sits at 91%. Gotta love crappy online trophies from crappy companies.