Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Worst Characters in Video Game History

This is a discussion on Worst Characters in Video Game History within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Rico from Killzone does it for me on PS3. All-time it is Mario...spotlight stealer....and a terrible plumber.......

PRO Member

Rico from Killzone does it for me on PS3.

All-time it is Mario...spotlight stealer....and a terrible plumber....
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 6 - Silver

just about every non-human character and/or blue mage in the Final Fantasy games:
    Cait Sith, Red 13, Quina (or whatever that thing's name was from FF9), the wild/feral child from FF2...
    blue mage = waste of a character slot. the same went for the 'gambling' attacks for characters like Cait Sith.

the only ones i thought were halfway decent (or the equivalent of human characters) were Kimhari and that bunny-chick from FF12.

Rangers F.C

Conner in ACIII
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    Zeke from Infamous. I've never hated a character from a videogame so much.
    That was a very good response. I'm gonna go with Zeke as well.

Lvl 9 - Gold

-Navi from ocarina of Time
    -That dude from Killzone 2 that kept dying all the time
    -Hope from FFXIII (in XIII-2 he was a lot better though)
    -Ashley from RE4
    -The non-PS1 Crash Bandicoot and Spyro
    -Donte from DMCrap
    -Claptrap from Borderlands
    -Every single character in gaming history that whines about something (usually revenge) all the time (except Kratos because he just fucks stuff up), like Jin from Blazblue, Sasuke from the Naruto games, etc.
    -Roman Bellic.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I also hated Aveline from Dragon Age II. She was an unattractive, self righteous, pompous ass. I hated everything about her. I made it my goal to make her my rival. I was as brutal to her as I possibly could.

illegal in 9 countries

Vanille and Fang in FFXIII.

Fang's bunged-on Australian accent is atrocious. Seriously...how the voice actor massacred the way we speak should be fucking criminal.

Fang's as much an Aussie as Cletus the slack-jawed yocal is your average American. Meryl Streep's horrendous portrayal as Lindy Chamberlain ("A dango tork moy baybee!"), which Down Under is considered the worst acting performance in history is more accurate than Fang's accent.

If you want an Aussie character, hire an Aussie actor...Americans always royally fuck it up.

Vanille at least has a genuine Aussie accent, but her squeaky voice drives me fucking insane! I wanted to shove something in her mouth the whole time () to shut her the fuck up!

Lvl 7 - Gold

the referee that was in the match chris jericho and road dogg in wwe 13

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    -Navi from ocarina of Time
    -That dude from Killzone 2 that kept dying all the time
    -Hope from FFXIII (in XIII-2 he was a lot better though)
    -Ashley from RE4
    -The non-PS1 Crash Bandicoot and Spyro
    -Donte from DMCrap
    -Claptrap from Borderlands
    -Every single character in gaming history that whines about something (usually revenge) all the time (except Kratos because he just fucks stuff up), like Jin from Blazblue, Sasuke from the Naruto games, etc.
    -Roman Bellic.
    I can't believe you disliked Claptrap and also liked Kratos. One is hilarious and I wish was a playable character. The other just yells all game and has the personality of a rock.

As for my choices, its hard to say who I think is the all time worst video game character, but I will mention Daxter from Jak & Daxter as all he did as get under my skin, constantly saying stuff that wasn't funny and really pissed me off.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    I'm gonna get some nasty looks for this (bnecker lol) But I can't stand sackboy. I like my characters to be a little bit more then just a hessian sack
    Sackboy's personality and attributes reflects the players. Saying you hate Sackboy is basically saying you hate yourself .

I hate Qwark, but that was also kinda the intention so I would let him slide. And must we not forget Navi from LoZ.

But the person that really grinds my gear... Is Kratos. Good god, is he an unlikeable piece of turd. He may be buff and overpowered but he is childish and have no emotional strength whatsoever. He's a jerk and turd, and that's all I've got to say about him.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 6 - Silver

all the npcs in Far Cry 2... terrible voice acting

PRO Member

Natalya from 007 Goldeneye.
    Navi Ocarina of time

Lvl 4 - Silver

Mario, Luigi, Peach and Daisy from the mario series because they are all very unimaginative and bland characters (I like most of the other recurring characters).

Captain Qwark from ratchet and clank series. Just because he spends all his time getting in the way then taking credit for what you do. Mind you that might be because he designed to be hated.

para papa the rapper because he up sums up the things I don't like about characters aimed at kids. (Says really cheesy things and is a brightly coloured talking animal)

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I can't believe you disliked Claptrap and also liked Kratos. One is hilarious and I wish was a playable character. The other just yells all game and has the personality of a rock.
    I don't really like Kratos, but I don't think he's one of the worst videogame characters. I played every God of War game and at no point I got tired of him.

Claptrap on the other hand...it's not so much its personality (it is quite likeable in my book) but in Borderlands 1 it was a pain for me since it had no more than 10 different lines and it kept repeating them OVER AND OVER again. I can't even remember how many times I heard "Hey, come on, check me out everybody, I'm dancing, I'm dancing!" every single time I went to Marcus' store in Fyrestone. Also, the "I'm leaking!" lines when you had to find the repair kits and the "This ISN'T workiiing!" in New Haven.
    itannoyed the hell out of me because it had a lot of potential as a plot character and they just made it annoying (and interestingly enough Claptrap was the last character implemented into the game, according to some sites). I KNOW they fixed it and gave it a bigger role in Borderlands 2 but I haven't played that game yet.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Galaxy beauty pirate

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Vanille and Fang in FFXIII.
    I agree with those 2. Although I didn't like Fang her voice, I thought Vanille was just very annoying overall.

I don't like Kratos and Pamela from Trinity Universe as well.
    Sig by Ramon

Hero of Kvatch

Princess in Little Lamplight on Fallout 3. I would love to have blown her head clean off her shoulders, but you're not allowed to kill kids in games -.-

"War, war never changes."

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Surprised nobody has mentioned Lymle from Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Normally she pops up from somebody that has played the game. I seem to be the only one who finds the little catatonic girl charming, but I have yet to meet anybody else who wasn't at the very least negative about her existence.

Kratos is without a doubt the worst video game character to be franchised in existence. An angry, brooding, screaming guy, who is always frowning (even after a ported threesome). How people find the guy likable when he has no personality or redeeming qualities whatsoever except for he rips the heads off things at will is beyond me.

Bentley from the Sly games also gets a nod, because his voice is about is the most grating thing since Jaleel White's acting career met it's fortunate demise. One of the few character voice acting performances that made me have to turn the volume down. It's a testament that his fate at the end of the second title did nothing to me, when I am normally empathetic to even the most forced of situations.

I am sure there are many others, that I can't remember off the top of my head, the 90s were full of silly things that irked me from dozens of lame talking cat games, to helmet wearing rodents that's only purpose is to remain level one, waste a roster spot, and give you the lamest prize ever (a ring that turn's your sprite into a helmet wearing rodent). I am more passable with the 90s though, because you could sell things like earthworms and slugs and we thought they were cool as long as they were grunge or some lame hip-hop representative.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Angel of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggy2872 View Post
    Rico from Killzone does it for me on PS3.

All-time it is Mario...spotlight stealer....and a terrible plumber....
    Yes. Mario is a douche, but he makes good games...

Another to add would be Snow from Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2. Fuckin hate that guy; arrogant and annoying.

Galaxy beauty pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Surprised nobody has mentioned Lymle from Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Normally she pops up from somebody that has played the game. I seem to be the only one who finds the little catatonic girl charming, but I have yet to meet anybody else who wasn't at the very least negative about her existence.

Kratos is without a doubt the worst video game character to be franchised in existence. An angry, brooding, screaming guy, who is always frowning (even after a ported threesome). How people find the guy likable when he has no personality or redeeming qualities whatsoever except for he rips the heads off things at will is beyond me.
    Hmm Lymle.. The only thing I hated about her was her English voice (mmkaaay?). It was so horrible that I had to switch to Japanese or otherwise I couln't finish the game. I thought Lymle was quite adorable as a character.

I agree about Kratos, he's an asshole.
    Sig by Ramon

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Carter Blake from Heavy Rain. I really wanted to punch that guy in the face. Such a jerky cop.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast